Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 14th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Standardized tests are the stupidest thing ever.

Hell, even the AP tests don't really mimic college courses at all.

In general, college is about as similar to high school as basketball is to golf.

Did I mention that I make weird analogies?
I know that standardized testing is lame, but the colleges do need something that shows your aptitude level. It's easier for them if the high schools handle it so that everything comes preformated and usable and they don't have to orchestrate all those tests. The SAT in some form or another is here to stay, but ALL the rest can go back to the backwater moron that thought them up.
Sort of... but at the end of the day, standardized testing just gives you an estimate. It often just measures the approximate socioeconomic level of the student, or how good they are at taking that kind of test. The difference between a 1400 and 1500 or a 1500 and 1600 on the SAT is largely one of how much studying you did to prepare for that particular test. If someone gets a 1200 on the SAT is she necessarily way less intelligent or conscientious than that guy who got a 1570? Maybe she came to the U.S. 3 years ago and her parents speak exclusively Spanish or Polish at home.

It doesn't really measure memory at all.

Hard work and finding a subject or career that you enjoy is far more important than your score on some silly 'Scholastic Aptitude Test.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General