Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old March 18th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Here's the list of designers from the first post:
@Balantai
@Lamaclown
@JC McMinis
Taeblewalker
@mac122
@Machineking
@McHotcakes
@Confred

Right now we have a design in the works by McHotcakes. My blob design was the last one finished, so it doesn't seem like we're following any particular order anymore. I propose that we try to finish Captain Jack Sparrow, and then anyone who wants to work on a design speak up, and we'll try to come up with marching order so to speak. We can look back through the thread and see who did the most recent designs; those people (myself included) will have to wait until other people have had a chance.

In the event that @McHotcakes doesn't chime in any time soon, we can finish his design for him and then choose someone else to go next.

Old March 18th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Works for me, @Taeblewalker

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 18th, 2015, 08:40 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Works for me, @Taeblewalker
Great! That makes three of us so far.

Old March 18th, 2015, 11:45 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
In the event that @McHotcakes doesn't chime in any time soon, we can finish his design for him and then choose someone else to go next.
I'm here. Haven't been on in a while, but I'm up for starting the project up again.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 19th, 2015, 01:14 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Excellent rousing of the troops there Taeblewalker!

I don't like Tricky Defense + Parlay; one or the other I say, and I further say Parlay.
If I may argue further still, Attack2 Defense5. The high defense will guard him from ranged and represents his snakiness, his tricky defense as they say.
The lower Attack is as others mentioned his role isn't the fighter, it's the objective taker and the chaos inducer. Lowering the normal Attack rating also makes the higher special Attack value seem more relevant, more exciting to try and pull off (although I think 6 might be too high as 5 will hurt almost everything).
After he fires his bullet, he can dance at defense 5 and cause a muck.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old March 19th, 2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Excellent rousing of the troops there Taeblewalker!

I don't like Tricky Defense + Parlay; one or the other I say, and I further say Parlay.
If I may argue further still, Attack2 Defense5. The high defense will guard him from ranged and represents his snakiness, his tricky defense as they say.
The lower Attack is as others mentioned his role isn't the fighter, it's the objective taker and the chaos inducer. Lowering the normal Attack rating also makes the higher special Attack value seem more relevant, more exciting to try and pull off (although I think 6 might be too high as 5 will hurt almost everything).
After he fires his bullet, he can dance at defense 5 and cause a muck.
What about his range? I know we argued over whether his normal range should be 1 or 5. Once he uses his special bullet, does he get range?

Edit: I reread the special attack and see, as written, his range goes up to 5 after using the bullet.

Old March 19th, 2015, 02:04 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This looks like a really fun project still looking for people to give input?
Old March 19th, 2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Sure! If you want to join you're welcome. Just reread the last few pages and get up to speed on Captain Jack Sparrow. Then join in the discussion!

Old March 19th, 2015, 02:25 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I'm not opposed to just keeping Parlay and raising the defense to 5. I'm not entirley sure thats the best way to go but I can be persuaded.

I think I'd keep his basic attack at 3 though. He's not a powerhouse fighter, but he is formidable. Also...

Quote:
Lowering the normal Attack rating also makes the higher special Attack value seem more relevant, more exciting to try and pull off (although I think 6 might be too high as 5 will hurt almost everything).
I am going to argue for keeping 6 for his SA. Yes 5 can hurt just about anyone, but the point of the reserved bullet wasn't just to hurt, but to kill. He held onto that bullet for ten years for the sole purpose of killing the man who betrayed him. Hurting someone just doesn't seem enough for the SA. Also since its a one and done ability, I don't think 6 is too big of an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
What about his range? I know we argued over whether his normal range should be 1 or 5. Once he uses his special bullet, does he get range?
JC McMinis convinced me that Jack doesn't use his pistol enough for it to be part of his normal attack. I think maybe keeping his normal range at 1 and just ignore increasing his range after the SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
The more the merrier

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 19th, 2015, 02:30 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

How about having the first shot with the reserved bullet be 6 dice and then go down to 3 dice after that for the SA? This allows him to still have a ranged attack.
Old March 19th, 2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
How about having the first shot with the reserved bullet be 6 dice and then go down to 3 dice after that for the SA? This allows him to still have a ranged attack.
That could work.

Reserved Bullet Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 6 or 3.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use his Reserved Bullet on that chosen hero and roll 6 attack dice. After using this attack once, or after the chosen hero is destroyed Jack Sparrow may use his reserved Bullet on any figure and roll 3 attack dice.

The wording is of course open to change.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 19th, 2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Does this mean that you want to be a designer on the team? We can add you do the rotation.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum