Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 2nd, 2015, 04:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Bug - Public PT

Looking at the details of the tests a little closer and I'm surprised he didn't use Blob to lock Bug down in that first test. Had he done so, Bug would not have been able to stealth leap away from a wounded Wolverines' multiple melee attacks.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 04:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A little additional discussion from Sock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking
Man that was real quick. Thanks for knocking those out. Looks like Bug really dominated the matches.
And yeah, he definitely did. He seems quite powerful, but that's just because I tried to give him the best support figures I could think of, in order to really get the most out of his double attack. It's also good for him, because usually with support characters like Invisible Woman, Cap, Star-Lord, and Bane etc., them making it a pain to kill the one actively attacking, and giving him such a good attack, they make themselves the prime targets. So it gave Bug a bit more longevity on top of it.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 12:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Bug)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
?Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
?Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
?Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
?Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
?Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
?Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
?Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
?Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
?Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
?Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 170-190.
- Give a brief overview. Soldiers get beat down by Fighters.
Map: Island Plane Crash.
Units: Bug, Captain America(240), Ragdoll & Bucky vs. Luke Cage, Spider-Man(250), & Speedball{590 each}.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 170-190??.
- Give a brief overview. Creatures crush Guardians.
Units: Bug, Star Lord, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Gamora &Weather Wizard vs. Frankenstein, Wendigo & Dragon Man{990}.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 190-210.
- Give a brief overview. Re-Match.
Units: Bug, Star Lord, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Gamora &
Weather Wizard vs. Frankenstein, Wendigo & Dragon Man{990}.

Spoiler Alert!

Bug flexes his muscle here as I do a much better job with the Guardians. I left Star Lord somewhat protected in his SZ. Ran out Groot and Weather Wizard for bait(and Fog cover).
Creatures bite and enter my snare. Rocket Racoon only manages Support Fire once this game after failing every attempt in the first.
Bug kicks butt. Attacking and moving in very much a Silver Surfer style.
By the time Start Lord falls the damage is done and Bug gets splatted.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 200-210.
- Give a brief overview. Hot dice for Team Bug overwhelms Criminals.
Units: Bug, Captain America(240), Bucky, Ms. Marvel, Bucky & Ragdoll{990} vs. Doctor Octopus, Scorpion, Whirlwind & LexCorp Security(x3){995}.
Spoiler Alert!

This was a great build for Bug. Bucky bonds with Bug and Cap and Ms. Marvel bonds with everyone. There may be a better way to spend 160 points besides Ragdoll and Atom but they worked nice and the whole group moves swiftly.

Bug's team had great rolls and the Criminals did not. Whirlwind is usually a force for me and went down quickly.

Bug can be really dangerous in a build like this.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; January 15th, 2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 12:20 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I still want to get one more test in but things keep coming up so I figured I would post what I have so far for everyone to digest.
If you decide to make some tweaks let me know and I will give them a try. Also if there is an army you would like to see me fight against, just say the word.

I agree with Aggressive Sock on the fact that Bug really benefits from some extra juice from boosting figures like Cap and Star Lord. Double attacks of 6 from high ground can be downright devastating. I like how A_S added in Invisible Woman to his build. Bug had a tendency to blank out and get squashed.

Bug is a lot of fun to run with Combat Dexterity. I really liked opening with him and forcing the enemy to deal with him or suffer the wrath.

EDIT: As a side note, these tests were conducted against a real life opponent instead of against myself(the way most of my tests are conducted).

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 3rd, 2015, 01:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Those tests look pretty solid to me T. Right now I'm not really thinking about making any changes to the design, just adjusting the point cost to fit the card if needed. The stat boosting support figures can make the point cost a bit tricky to nail down as their point cost should cover their contribution to the team. Not saying we should not be using them at all, just trying to not over react to the results. It was good to see the Bug team lose a couple after Socks tests.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 01:32 PM

It took me a bit to get the feel for Bug but once I did it was on. I am looking forward to the next test where he can get a boost and bond.
Anything you would like to see him go against? Or a different build for Bug?
I believe I was considering Prof. X., Wolvy, Deadpool and perhaps Quicksilver or Strong Guy.
I think the best plan is to be very aggressive with him and get as much out of him as you can before he gets smashed.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 3rd, 2015, 01:44 PM
C3G Landlord

I'd just say if you are going to give him a best case scenario situation for his teammates, then put a few specific counters to him in the opponents team. Figures that can attack him more than once even when he jumps away. Any figure with a good long ranged attack (Merlyn, Deadshot, etc.) or a Flash rogue who can hit him a second time even after the leap (Capt. Boomerang, Weather Wizard, etc.). Doc Ock would be a particularly nasty alternate melee counter as he can lock Bug down and then pummel him with 4 attacks.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 02:01 PM

Eww, nasty. I could go for a Lexcorp, Doc Ock build.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 3rd, 2015, 06:13 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I tend to avoid direct counters in my tests, as they can swing tests results too much. I also try to avoid too many indirect counters, though playing against a couple is fine.

A unit should be costed and balanced in what I like to call a "best(likely)-case scenario". Meaning a situation or matchup that is best-case scenario for the tested unit that is also one they are likely to see often. Obviously, playing against a swarm of civilians or weak, unsynergistic heroes is any unit's best case scenario, but no decent player will play that army. If, for example, a unit performs well against low- to mid-level heroes (Grey Gargoyle is a good example), I have the bulk of my testing matching them against armies of those types of units (Vigilantes, or Cap or Mutant armies with lower cost units, among others). If a unit does better against high-level heroes (say they have a SA or special power that fares better against high-Life heroes), I try to find good armies that include high-level Heroes.

Another thing to watch out for is to make sure the tested armies are on a similar level. Enchantress builds are nasty and Cap builds can be very good as well. If I play either of those, I try to play against other tough, synergistic armies. If I play with a slightly weaker army like a Fighter/Crime-Fighter build, I try to match that up with other armies on the same level, rather than throwing them against a top-level Xavier army or a Magneto/Blob build, or something tough like that.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 6th, 2015, 08:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Noticed I never put together a bio so how does this look?

Bug is an Insectivorid master thief and adventurer from the planet Kaliklak in the Microverse (a.k.a. Inner Space), a "sub-atomic" realm actually accessed via the energies of shrinking. Known as a humorous, lighthearted flirt, he is also a charismatic leader and adept warrior. (Marvel wiki)

Although Bug was not a founding member of the "modern" Guardians team, Rocket Raccoon asked him to join when the original group disbanded after some internal misunderstandings. Bug agreed, and fought alongside the Guardians as they attempted to stop the Shi'ar-Kree interstellar conflict known as the War of Kings. Bug then stayed with the Guardians as they dealt with the war's aftermath. (wiki)

Also saw this while working on the Bio:

Note: Bug’s speech is interspersed with a "tik" sound due to an Insectivorid’s chitinous membrane in the throat. Bug has an aversion to water.

Should we maybe add in some kind of short 'will not move into water' power.
Old January 13th, 2015, 02:04 PM
C3G Landlord

You ever get that last test you wanted to run done @Tornado ? You already have 3 army tests completed so you can call it done if you want to. Just change all those ? to something else.
Old January 13th, 2015, 02:07 PM
C3G Landlord

I compressed the Bio down a bit, this is what I think I will go with.

Bio - Known as a humorous, lighthearted flirt, Bug is also a charismatic leader and adept warrior. Rocket Raccoon asked him to join the Guardians of the Galaxy when the original group disbanded after some internal misunderstandings. Bug agreed, and fought alongside the Guardians as they attempted to stop the Shi'ar-Kree interstellar conflict known as the War of Kings.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library