Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 8th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cyclops C3G X-Men Master Set

I'm starting to feel that Telepathic Rapport may not be necessary. We already have Prof. X allowing us to take additional turns. It's not necessary to have Cylops allow us to do something similar. Removing this ability and simplifying Optic Blast Special Attack would make for a pretty simple, yet thematic, Cyclops.
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Optic Blast Special Attack no longer requires two options now that his normal attack reflects his optic beam. We should remove the first option. Otherwise, it seems redundant.
I thought the point was to remove the special attack entirely by capturing it with the normal attack.
I'm sorry, Olie. I thought the point everyone was trying to reach was making his normal attack not an obsolete stat.

Personally, I like his Fireline type ability. But I understand if we just want to see Optic Blast completely incorporated. I will insist on a bump to 5 attack though, if we remove his Special Attack completely. (Which, to be honest, I'm not in favor of. Cyclops should have an attack that bypasses ranged counterstrike, in my opinion.)
Good point that his Optic Blast can be simplified to basically fireline with this change. This would give his special attack basically 0 learning curve for anyone familiar with RotV.

Quote:
I'm starting to feel that Telepathic Rapport may not be necessary. We already have Prof. X allowing us to take additional turns. It's not necessary to have Cylops allow us to do something similar. Removing this ability and simplifying Optic Blast Special Attack would make for a pretty simple, yet thematic, Cyclops.
I disagree. I really like that Cyclops can feel like a field general with or without Prof. X. and I really think in the current dynamic with things like Telepathic Rapport and Mutant Mind Link at work, we've achieved an X-Men team that plays like the X-Men on the map without either being overly complex (these powers are very straightforward IMO) or without needing any sort of team card addition (Prof X and Cyclops as is are going to let you play X-Men that feel like X-Men without needing a supplemental team card).
I'd also argue that:

a) Prof X is still down to only two powers
b) We're using a high number of powers that are either identical to official powers or slight adjustments on them. This will make the overall set more playable than perhaps people are realizing without (thanks to new combinations) making it feel stale. I really don't feel that Telepathic Rapport is a very complex power and I really think its slight added complexity is worth the thematic and gameplay pay off.
I'm aware of Ollie's concerns but don't wish to see this particular power sacrificed as a result.
c) I'm really enjoying seeing the class of Telepath develop into a major source of synergy and I think that a wave one that could include figures like Martian Manhunter, Mastermind, maybe even Gorilla Grodd could really help expand this in interesting ways. I'd hate to take away some of that synergy already.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 8th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I disagree. I really like that Cyclops can feel like a field general with or without Prof. X. and I really think in the current dynamic with things like Telepathic Rapport and Mutant Mind Link at work, we've achieved an X-Men team that plays like the X-Men on the map without either being overly complex (these powers are very straightforward IMO) or without needing any sort of team card addition (Prof X and Cyclops as is are going to let you play X-Men that feel like X-Men without needing a supplemental team card).
I'd also argue that:

a) Prof X is still down to only two powers
b) We're using a high number of powers that are either identical to official powers or slight adjustments on them. This will make the overall set more playable than perhaps people are realizing without (thanks to new combinations) making it feel stale. I really don't feel that Telepathic Rapport is a very complex power and I really think its slight added complexity is worth the thematic and gameplay pay off.
I'm aware of Ollie's concerns but don't wish to see this particular power sacrificed as a result.
c) I'm really enjoying seeing the class of Telepath develop into a major source of synergy and I think that a wave one that could include figures like Martian Manhunter, Mastermind, maybe even Gorilla Grodd could really help expand this in interesting ways. I'd hate to take away some of that synergy already.
All very valid points.
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:14 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Also, add in, it's one of my favorite completely original powers we've come up with for this set. I'd just as soon see us lose it as Negotiation (my other favorite thus far). In fact, I'd probably keep Telepathic Rapport over Negotiation.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 8th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Field Commander is my favorite ability so far in this set. It's so Cyclops like.
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM

I guess it's more the one-two punch of Field Commander and Telepathic Rapport really, that I go for.

Old December 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Since we lost range 8 attack 6 for Cyclops' Special Attack, can we bump up his normal attack to 5 since it represents his regular Optic Blast. It would still normally be lower than the original special attack of 6 and can be bumped up to 6 with height. It would still be weaker by having a range of 6 instead of 8.

This would also make his normal attack and special attack different and he might have to make a choice at times whether a normal attack of 5 ( or 6 with height) would be better to get the front figure only in a fireline possible situation instead of automatically choosing the Special Attack in that situation.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

I agree with Hahma's proposed change.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM

I bumped it to 5. You're right that if his normal attack is the only representation of a focused Optical Blast, it should be an attack of 5.
Lingering questions ...

Do we need to change the name of the special attack now that his normal attack also represents his Optical Blast?

Are his points good where they're at?

Is everyone satisfied with the current power selection, left box, and comic art?

Old December 8th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Do we need to change the name of the special attack now that his normal attack also represents his Optical Blast?
I think we probably should.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:29 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

His normal and special attack are already different though, since one can only target in a straight line. And wasn't 4 already representing his optic blast since it was considered 'too high' for his hand-to-hand capabilities?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:35 PM

Yes, but his focused Optic Blast in the special attack was represented by an attack of 6, so a normal attack of 4 wasn't really doing an adequate job of representing the Optic Blast when focused on a single target, IMO.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library