Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 16th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenemutankh View Post
(I don't think it's worth the 6.50 or whatever it costs you to get in to see it, though, so I'd advise waiting until it's on HBO or something like that.)

-Khen.
I want to see movies in your theatre. I saw Public Enemies last night and paid 9.50 per ticket and I'm sure it's worse in a big city. Thought Public Enemies was average. I was expecting more out of it.

Old July 16th, 2009, 09:46 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
Quote:
But in this case, we're paying to see it.
If this is what you feel that you're paying to see, then I guess you aren't going to enjoy the movie.

I paid to watch Sacha Baron Cohen make me laugh, and I got just that.

I have another question, why are people so upset with male anatomy? If a woman's bare breasts were the focus here, nobody would be this upset, not even women. It isn't nudity in a "sexual" way, and it works for the jokes, why are people so upset by this?

Make sure you see the movie before you tell me why seeing a naked man isn't the same as a naked woman.

If you don't like Ali G/Borat/Bruno, that is fine, but if you aren't seeing Bruno because there is a naked groin shot, what are you really afraid of?
I just don't like nudity in films in general, so it doesn't really matter the gender.
I like a woman's anatomy a lot more than another dude's. If I want to see some one elses junk then I'll go to their yard sale.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

I saw Bruno last night. The first half hour I don't ever need to see again. The child on the talk show, the middle east and the hunting, the military and his trip to Alabama were pretty funny.

But yeah, I don't need to see it again and if I do, it will be on DVD with the skip button at my fingertips.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:17 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
I saw Bruno last night. The first half hour I don't ever need to see again. The child on the talk show, the middle east and the hunting, the military and his trip to Alabama were pretty funny.

But yeah, I don't need to see it again and if I do, it will be on DVD with the skip button at my fingertips.
Only the first half hour is of broke back comedy huh? Hmmmmm... I dunno, very risky for my weak stomach. I'll have to think on this one.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:56 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post

Only the first half hour is of broke back comedy huh? Hmmmmm... I dunno, very risky for my weak stomach. I'll have to think on this one.
The last 20 minutes is Broke back comedy as well. And there are innuendos throughout, but everything else is tame compared to the first 30 minutes.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old July 19th, 2009, 01:43 AM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

I saw it and I LOVED it! I was in tears in the first 5 minutes. That movie had one of the most powerful comedy openings I have ever seen. That set the mood to enjoy it from then on in.

I have never seen Ali G and had 0 interest in Borat because I just felt they looked stupid and obnoxious. But I felt compelled to see this one, and he was obnoxious, but what I appreciated was that he was a made up character, but the people he met and interviewed etc. were mostly real. That was amusing.

The shock value was through the roof. He really "went there" so to speak.
You definitely need to be in the right mindset to appreciate this movie.

I'd recommend it to most people.
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Female nudity ok. I like looking at them girls. Male frontal nudity...I'd cringe & prefer that there aren't in a movie but I wouldn't be offended by it.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
Wow, I didn't think that the "gayness" was worse than all of the anti-semetic remarks in Borat. Some of that stuff was pretty harsh, but people think it is ok because he's really Jewish.
Sorry to ressurrect a week old post, but I wanted to point out that Borat wasn't anti-semetic. It was satirizing people who are anti-semetic. Proof: Borat was HUGE in Israel, like the top selling movie of the year. Jewish people loved Borat.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson
Wow, I didn't think that the "gayness" was worse than all of the anti-semetic remarks in Borat. Some of that stuff was pretty harsh, but people think it is ok because he's really Jewish.
Quote:
Sorry to ressurrect a week old post, but I wanted to point out that Borat wasn't anti-semetic. It was satirizing people who are anti-semetic. Proof: Borat was HUGE in Israel, like the top selling movie of the year. Jewish people loved Borat.
I hear what you are saying, but my point is not that jewish people are "cool" with it, it is that people in general have a bigger issue with the "gay" stuff over blatent racism. I heard that gay folks love Bruno, but people still aren't buying it. Being an avid fan of Ali G, I just don't get the general dislike of the Bruno movie.

He is my least favorite character, but that is like saying out of Han, Luke, and Lando, Luke is my least liked.

The main thing that just confuses me is that people praised Borat as genius, and now the same people hate Bruno for doing more of the same.

I got exactly what I expected out of Bruno, and I expected alot.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old July 24th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll definitely see Bruno, but I agree that Bruno is the least funny of the Ali G characters. I'm just not shocked by gay topics. It would be like Bruno the Catholic. I'm not offended or grossed out by homosexuality or by what Bruno does. I just don't care. I'm sure there's more to the movie than just that, but for whatever reason I'm just not excited about the film.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old July 24th, 2009, 02:44 AM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

I agree with what you are saying, and I don't think the movie will let you down. It's really not supposed to be shocking to the viewers, but to the people standing in the room with him. That is why I am so shocked that people don't really get it. It's almost like the joke is on America. People think that all of the crazy "gay" things he does are how gay people really act and look, and this makes them uncomfortable.

I hope you enjoy the movie when you eventually see it Gulp.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies