Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

View Poll Results: Are you interested in writing for a Group Story?
I am not interested in writing. 0 0%
I am interested in writing and/or moderating (if necessary) 2 40.00%
I am interested, but only in writing 2 40.00%
I am interested, but only in moderating/narrating (if necessary) 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 11th, 2016, 06:37 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Interest in a Group Story?

All the way back in 2010 (man I've been here a long time) the current writers in this forum started Prison Faction, a story that was told by a group of writers. I never got involved in it for some reason, but it was quite successful, spawning a second attempt the following year - which sadly was never completed, I believe - and several fan fictions, one of which was The Wind in the Trees, commonly considered the best fan fiction ever written.

There are a lot of inherent problems with a group-written fan fiction, but as Prison Faction showed, the idea is do-able. And I've seen several times recently that there is interest in doing it again.

So now comes the question: just how much interest is there? And I don't just mean interest in reading it, I mean interest in writing it. By saying you are interested above, you are saying that you would be willing to be one of the writers. Vote in the poll above, and we'll see where we stand.

Timing

The issue of timing is another matter. Some of the writers here have school, and others have jobs that hinder their time. It is my belief that the summer months would be the best time to launch this project (due to the school theory), but I could be wrong. Give me your opinions below on when would be the best time to do this, if we were to do so.

Method

Like I said, there are some inherent problems with the concept of a group-written story. The group needs direction, otherwise it's not so much a story as it is a bunch of people running around (which might be fun at the time, but won't mean much to anyone else).

We also need some form of rules in place, so that people can't mess inadvertently with someone else's character. I believe the game of CoN would be a good place to look at for rules here.

Additionally, there's the whole format of the thing. Does everyone get a character and we all try to solve some puzzle? Is there a single narrator and every character is someone else, who generates their own dialogue? How does it work? Give me your thoughts below.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction