Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old December 16th, 2021, 09:35 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
17 more done for me. Putting me at 2130 models. I’ve stopped printing models for a short time to try to reduce my backlog a little. I’m currently painting my ranks of starwars models for Star Wars legion. I would have been done long ago, but for several reasons I still have tons to do. For example: building an army for a standard game has a minimum of three corp units and a commander unit to start an army. With 6 corp units being the max you can take. For imperials alone I have 27 corps units to choose from with every upgrade they can take. It’s like this for every faction. I basically bought or 3D printed enough units to hold my own tournament at my house or have multiple grand army games going. It’s a lot, but it’s fun to do. Other projects currently on the Que but the back burner that Id like to finish are the rest of my rum and bones packs, my modern zombicide boxes from version 1(I’m not even going to prime zombicide 2.0 yet). I’ve also primed all my models from fantasy zombicide and multiple is pledges of massive darkness. I still have a few hundred Star Wars legion models to paint though. That is what is hitting the table most. Great to see some of you guys painting. Does anyone listen to podcast or YouTube while they paint? I love listening to podcasts or watching YouTube. There are a bunch of fun mini painting ones. Here are some I enjoy: Trapped under plastic, ninjon, miniac, tabletop minions, goobertown hobbies, black magic craft. If anyone has any others that I missed or don’t know about, let me know. Happy painting everyone.
nice to see you poke your head back in! and in the meantime show us all up with those crazy mini counts and project skillllzz! :P

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 18th, 2021, 04:41 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Will do for sure. I find the process of posting pictures here through secondary websites quite annoying but will eventually. Do any of you other mini painters on here use an airbrush to paint your miniatures? My wife told me to go ahead and pick up an airbrush kit. We generally don’t buy each other Christmas gifts, so it was kind of an afterthought. I can imagine the airbrush really speeding up the painting process and giving another awesome tool for the hobby toolbox. Especially for organic creatures or large pieces. I just finished up a big batch of droids tonight. I’m going to go back in the mancave and do a recount of the Star Wars legion minis I have in there. It’s gotta be close to at least 1500 models. I’m very excited about the airbrushes I’ll be getting and look forward to what you guys think of using them to paint your minis.
Old December 18th, 2021, 10:57 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice thread TREX!

After a quick count, I have:
28 minor touch-ups/edits
and
45 full paints/repaints

Wow a lot more than I thought heh.

I have pics of most of it here. : )
Old December 27th, 2021, 12:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Nice thread TREX!

After a quick count, I have:
28 minor touch-ups/edits
and
45 full paints/repaints

Wow a lot more than I thought heh.

I have pics of most of it here. : )
Thanks. Yeah, it’s a fun way to track what you’re up to. I got you updated on the list. I’ll check out your pics here in a sec. I’ll get around to posting some of mine as well. It’s just a bit of work to photograph all the sets and armies pulling them down off the display shelves or out of game boxes. I’ve done some more this past week, but will lump them together with whatever else I get done by the new year.

Pertaining to this thread. I just got an airbrushing kit for Christmas that came with the compressor and three different airbrushes. Two are two step gravity fed ones and the third is for big jobs and has a bottle underneath the gun. Does anyone else here use airbrushing on painting minis? I know it’s a fairly popular thing in mini painting in general. I wonder how it will up my game.
Old December 27th, 2021, 03:35 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A lot I imagine.
Merry belated Christmas TREX.
Old December 27th, 2021, 04:02 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
A lot I imagine.
Merry belated Christmas TREX.
Merry Christmas to you as well T.
Old January 12th, 2022, 11:29 AM
"like" happy

Time to update my count.
21 scout troopers
30 death troopers
16 Imperial royal guards
2 rebel sniper commandos
69 new troops done. The death troopers and Imperial royal guards were very straightforward and easy models to do with the fairly monotone color schemes of blacks and reds. I’ve been cranking models out at a good tabletop standard. I’m capable of painting them all better than they are but they look great on the table as I did them and am getting them eliminated from the pile of shame. Update on the airbrush I picked up. I’ve set up my paint booth and have used it a couple times. It’s great at priming and base coating on little miniatures. I’m getting the hang of it and will soon try more advanced things with it. Overall, I’m fairly pleased with it. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. I’m still plowing through my backlog of Star Wars legion minis for the time being.
Old January 12th, 2022, 02:56 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Glad the airbrush is working out.
Old January 17th, 2022, 12:43 PM
"like" happy

Finished out my scout trooper squads and imperial officers today along with my color test scheme model for the start of my four more squads of snow troopers. 13 more done, putting my total at 2212. I have 59 more imperial troops to paint to have my entire imperial army caught up and finished. (At least until they come out with new units). I still need to paint 35 more rebel troopers including 3 squads of rebel fleet troopers and two additional squads of A wing pilots that are outfitted to serve as fleet troopers. I have five more squads of wookiees to paint equaling 30 wookiees. I plan on doing them with airbrush to try out some different fur color patterns. I have 3 Wookiee fluttercraft to complete. 6 clone ATRTs. 173 more white armor variant clone troopers/arc troopers. 64 more camp kashyyk clones. 15 variations of the various bad batch clones, a couple yodas. Also 45 more galactic marine clones. That does it for the more official stuff but still have other starwars characters to paint including various pig guards, Jawas, Jedi and with, and some extra mandalorians. I am planning on printing out all the upcoming mercenary faction stuff coming out soon. I’m waiting for the legitimate quantities in squads before printing but already have most of not all the files ready. What games are any of you guys painting things up for recently?
Old January 24th, 2022, 03:13 AM
"like" happy

Figured I’d update my numbers. The airbrush is one heck of an addition for base coating, color gradients, effects and details in some cases. Additions include:
25 Wookiee warriors for starwars legion. It’s four full squads with all heavy weapon options and also a Wookiee chieftain. Another 10 galactic marine clones. Did 12 Heroscape fire elementals. Then to top it off, a rather huge model of a gargantuan zombie model that is about 10 inches tall. That’s 48 new models done, putting the new total at 2260. If any of you mini painting guys are on the fence when it comes to airbrush, I recommend having one. It’s such a great tool for the toolbox.
Old January 24th, 2022, 06:08 AM

Nice. I knew you would take it to the next level with the airbrush.
Old January 24th, 2022, 11:47 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice. I knew you would take it to the next level with the airbrush.
It’s a great tool if you figure out how to apply it to the models at hand. I think what I’ll do on here with my finished minis is create a mini display thread for all my stuff. That way it can be found all in one spot. Definitely no regrets on the airbrush purchase.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General