Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 28th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Red Eyed Jedi's Superscape Custom's

First off I'll admit I haven't designed many custom units, much less a superhero. I always figured whatever I designed would be to powerful, overcosted, or worse useless and never get drafted.

However:
To try and not succeed is to learn.
To fail is to never try at all.

So here's to learning and not failing.

Also I have enough "points" to design a public unit for C3G. Hopefully I'll be able to get something decent enough to submit, maybe even get a nomination. I mean come on how awesome would that be!

All right enough banter. Lets jump in and learn to swim.

C3G team building links.

Last edited by Red Eyed Jedi; January 18th, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old October 28th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Red Eyed Jedi's Superscape Custom's (in progress)

They say stick with what ya know (song writing, stand-up comedy, etc, etc)
My favorite comic is Wolverine, but C3G has done him so perfect, I feel no need to do another one. However he has fought some interesting baddies I'll start with one of those.

Cyber
Spoiler Alert!

After some brain storming on an alternate reality Wolverine that has me stumped. (need a unique attack mechanic) I think I will pursue other characters for now.
After reading that C3G aren't against the idea of some Image characters in their lineup I am compelled to try one of those.

Invincible
Spoiler Alert!

C3G team building links.

Last edited by Red Eyed Jedi; January 18th, 2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Updated with modified Margloth suggestion on Cyber. Added Invincible
Old October 28th, 2011, 09:55 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Poisioned Claws - I don't understand the thematics of removing an OM. Two sounds is a little steep as well. I'd make it one wound, and figures with SS are not affected.

Brain Wave Tracking - I don't understand this power. If you end your turn adjacent to an enemy's figure, why would you want to move away? Also, he would take a leaving disengagement strike.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old October 28th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

First thanks for the thoughts Swamper.

To address your first point, the removal of an OM by Poisoned Claws is to signify the figure has been poisoned by a powerful Hallucinogen. Because the figure is now hallucinating it can't focus on it's turn and do anything. I agree 2 wounds is kinda high but I figured to keep it a viable option it needed to be that high other wise you would always choose to just remove an OM. He was able to do this to X-factor's Strong Guy once so I think he should be able to do it SS Figures.

On the second point: Brain wave tracking is to increase his move to 8, but only if he ends adj. to an opponent's figure. As in: He moves 5. There is a opponents figure three spaces away so he uses Brain Wave Tracking to move the extra distance. And then ends his move adj to opponents figure.

I may need to reword the Brain Wave Tracking. I'm not sold on the removal of an OM either but have not thought of a better way to signify the infection of a powerful hallucinogen.

Again thanks for thoughts.

C3G team building links.
Old October 29th, 2011, 12:54 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've always thought an idea like this would be cool:

POISONED CLAWS
If Cyber inflicts at least one wound on an opponent's Unique Hero with a normal attack, place a green Poison Marker on that figure's army card. While there is a Poision Marker on a figure's Army Card, wound markers may not be removed from that card, and the Poison Marker is also considered to be a Wound Marker. At the end of the round, remove all Poison Markers from Army Cards.

It's kind of a subtle effect... it counts as a wound, but it goes away at the end of the round so you have to keep your attack momentum going against the posioned figure or he'll heal up. It's really effective though if the opponent has a healer or a figure with a healing factor.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old October 31st, 2011, 02:44 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

That's a great idea! I'll update with a modified change to your suggestion immediately.

That will make battles with Wolverine, more thematic as well.

Thanks a lot Margloth!

C3G team building links.

Last edited by Red Eyed Jedi; November 1st, 2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: modified suggestion.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Red Eyed Jedi's Superscape Custom's

You know what, the C3G Wolverine is great and probably what I consider to be our "best design", but I really want more. I would love to see your design ideas for "Weapon X", "Bone Claws Wolverine", "Costumed Wolverine", or even his son Daken.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

That's a good idea Griffin. I think an alternate version of Wolverine will be the one I tackle next. Maybe an alternate reality one like Age of Apocalypse, Days of Future Past, something like that. One when he was with Team X would be cool to and might lead into versions of Sabretooth, Maverick, Wraith. That would be a cool team to run.

Thanks for the design ideas, I'll brainstorm some and see what I come up with.

C3G team building links.
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Before I made the changes this is what my Invincible looked like.

Invincible
Spoiler Alert!

I don't know if Smart Atoms with its attack action verbiage is unique, broken, or even able to be understood. Also all those movement themed abilities might be unnecessary verbiage as well for a flying character.

Super punch is a cool mechanic I think to show how he sometimes pulls his punches to not hurt the enemy as much as he could. While also showing that sometime he's really mad and just blows them away. needs a better name though.

C3G team building links.

Last edited by Red Eyed Jedi; November 10th, 2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old November 10th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like Cyber, is there a reason you gave him Adamantium Skin and didn't just use the Adamantium Tough that C3G released on Ultron?

I'm sure we can figure something out to use as a figure for him if you really wanted to design him in C3G.
Old November 10th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

First thanks for stopping by tcglkn.

The reason I didn't use Adamantium tough on Cyber is he should still be able to have his defense reduced. His eyes, mouth and other orifices aren't completely covered with Adamantium. Also If Steel Skin gives you 1 shield, I figured Adamantium Skin should give you 2. Just trying to be a little unique with the powers as well.

I don't get into figure modifications much (my Sinestro still needs some yellow, and my Nightcrawler still need that Bamf cloud cut away) and as such I would prefer to use an actual Cyber mini. However I wouldn't be against getting him in C3G if you think a mini could be easily modified.

C3G team building links.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations