Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 17th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I got in a six player game of Settlers of Catan last night. I much prefer it at four players.
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:49 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
I got in a six player game of Settlers of Catan last night. I much prefer it at four players.
I just got the 5/6 Expansion for Christmas, but haven't had a group large enough to enjoy it. What did you like/dislike about the set up?

I've found that 3 players is the sweet spot with the traditional set up because with 4 players there's usually one person who gets shut out early on and ends up just going through the motions with no chance of winning.

My wife and I got in our first game of Red November this morning (each of us playing 2 Gnomes) and it was a hoot. It's the perfect blend of mayhem, humor, and cooperative play. I can tell this one will be hitting the table again soon. It's only flaw is that of all coop games that have full information disclosure - depending on your play group there is the potential for one player to try to "run the board" for everyone.

Old January 17th, 2010, 03:01 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
I just got the 5/6 Expansion for Christmas, but haven't had a group large enough to enjoy it. What did you like/dislike about the set up?

I've found that 3 players is the sweet spot with the traditional set up because with 4 players there's usually one person who gets shut out early on and ends up just going through the motions with no chance of winning.
I like Settlers with 3 or 5. With 6 and 4, the board gets a little cramped. People are struggling more for resources and expansion and the game tends to drag a bit.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old January 17th, 2010, 04:45 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Played a bunch of games of Drakon on Friday night. Then the boys played 4 games with their cousins yesterday at grandma's house. Today was Dungeon Twister...Summoner Wars...Anthony Jr is currently teaching Dylan how to play D&D (RPG not Scape)...tonight we take Red November out for a spin or two.
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:51 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My son Jordan has expressed an interest in D&D. I played a bunch when I was in junior high and high school but haven't touched it since. We may have to get it going again.

Played some 'scape last night proxying the D&D set. While the boys played 'scape, the ladies played Skip-Bo.
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

At our church men's retreat this weekend I helped two newbs learn how to play Samurai Swords (a.k.a. Shogun). So I didn't technically play, but I got to play vicariously as a puppet master.

They called the game sometime after 1am.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, Rÿchean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:

I like Settlers with 3 or 5. With 6 and 4, the board gets a little cramped. People are struggling more for resources and expansion and the game tends to drag a bit.
I like four players best, and it seems to be for the opposite reasons as you. I find in 3 players there is just no competition for space; it becomes rather simple to get on a hex for every resource.

CheddarLimbo, I've only played the 6 player expansion twice, and once was on New Years Eve with several bottles of wine on the go, so obviously it is hard to judge on that experience.
But last night we got a good game in, and while it was enjoyable, there are things I don't like about the expansion. The number one thing, is that I find it too easy to build, due to being able to do so at the end of each other player's turn. Obviously this rule is necessary, otherwise people would just wind up with too many resources in their hand, having to wait for 5 other players to take a turn. But something I like about 4 player is having to get the resources on your turn to build. If there are hard to get resources, you can build right away, without fear of someone "robbering" it away from you, ect.

6 players is still fun, and necessary for us as we often have more than 4 players interested in playing, I just find I like 4 player better.
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:45 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Candyland x5 with my three year old.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

2 games of 'Scape using D&D terrain, but old-school heroes.

Dominion x 1.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just played Castle Panic with my son for the 1st time (and won). He absolutely loved it (what kid wouldn't like killing Orcs?)! I can definitely see the knock that competitive gamers put on it, but this is a great family game.

-insert signature here-
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Got in a few more games today -

Dominion
Cutthroat Caverns
Arcane Legions
Summoner Wars

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 17th, 2010, 11:24 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Sharp Shooters this evening.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games