Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: 10th Regiment of Foot- What's your Army Idea?

Some nice ideas there, Killercactus! It would be interesting to see some of those armies with the big 5 pointers for sure.
What's nice about the 10th is that, point-wise, 2 or 4 of them fit in very well with Greek or Roman armies and 3 of them fit in very well with the five-pointer crowd.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
And how bout this for the General Wars tournament at Gencon?

10th Foot x6 - 450
And it's 24 starting spaces... wow... I wish I could be there just to see that.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They'd certainly make up in numbers for what they lacked in defense.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I would like to playtest it against this:

SotM Drake - 170
4th Mass x4 - 280

Total = 450

I think Drake would give a 10th Foot army a ton of problems.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:23 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

10th X 3 = 225
Marcus DG = 325 +
Greeks X 2 = 425 +
James Murphy = 500

If I can fit James Murphy, I do it. He does great for me and he is disciplined.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Conjoined in Hatred!
4x 10 feet under-300
4x sunday Mass-580
Marcu(s Gallus) -600

Might not have much variety...At any rate the 10th and 4th have to live together, and ignore their differences and fight together. All I have else to say is WTF!(love that joke)
Old June 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

100 Marcus Decimus Gallus
090 Ne-Gok-Sa
150 10th Regiment of Foot x2
150 Roman Legionnaires x3
010 Otonashi
500 points, 23 spaces

Otonashi grabs a glyph early thanks to NGS's Trickiness. Then everyone else moves out en masse.

Or...

100 Marcus Decimus Gallus
150 10th Regiment of Foot x2
050 Me-Burq-Sa
200 Roman Legionnaires x4
500 points, 27 spaces...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 2nd, 2008, 07:08 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

SotM Drake - 170
4th Mass x4 - 280

Total = 450

You're the first to have mentioned Drake. I think he definitely belongs in the 10th Foot army. Ranged attacks are their biggest weakness. Drake mops up ranged attackers.

SotM Drake - 170
MDG - 100
10th Foot x 3 - 225

Total = 495

EDIT: +Isamu's sword and left retina = and even 500 pts.

Last edited by spiteofthedice; June 2nd, 2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

True, Drake is good against ranged attacks, but so are the Krav and they fit the point scheme a little better.

Krav - 100
Marcus - 100
10th Foot x4 - 300

Total = 500

Sure, they aren't soldiers, but there's three of them. Plus, they can draw armies into the 10th Foot while shooting at them.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I thought of a way to fix my first army so it fits in the hexes better... and counters the Romans better.

Marcus 100
3x 10th Foot 325
2x Sacred Band 425
James Murphy 500

I think the one thing that the 10th Foot can do that the Mass certainly can't is coexist well with greeks.

Edit: HHH beat me to it. Nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; June 2nd, 2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation

Quote:

SotM Drake - 170
4th Mass x4 - 280

Total = 450

I have a hard time seeing Drake get more than 5 Foots (Feet???) killed before he is bayonnetted into a puddle. Then you have 19 Foots against 16 4th Mass..... advantage Foots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

150 10th Foot x2
120 Rats x3
220 Captain America
010 Isamu

225 10th Foot x3
150 Cyprien
045 Sonya
080 old Raelin

150 10th Foot x2
280 Einar Imperium x2
090 Kiova

300 10th Foot x4
220 Minions x2

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion