Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 20th, 2022, 12:13 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Rules Team HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Zero
Ah, fair point. I quickly scanned and misread what you guys were suggesting.

Anyways, I’m still fairly convinced that my approach is the best, but I get that you guys are too and I don’t think getting super in the weeds here is valuable. I guess I’d request that somebody else make a counterproposal to mine, including what ruling they want to put on the books and how many design changes that would require. Then we can vote.
Old January 20th, 2022, 01:40 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Here's my suggested clarification/ruling.
Quote:
The start of the round is the first step in a round, happening before Order Markers are place or initiative is rolled. Generally then, powers that happen at the start of the round will be the first powers to happen during a round. Some older cards may have powers that say they trigger at the start of the round, but then list another action. For example, "At the start of the round, before rolling for initiative..." These are cases of outdated and extraneous wording - ignore the "start of the round" language in these cases.
How about this?

Quote:
The start of the round is the phase where Order Markers are placed and initiative is rolled. Most powers will specify in what part of the start of round phase the power happens. If the power does not, it happens before Order Markers are placed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 20th, 2022, 01:57 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Appreciated! I think your ruling and my ruling achieve fairly similar end results, just through different means.

I assume you’d be pushing for no updates with this ruling? The 14 designs I listed are still sticking points for me personally, but ultimately I think they’re all at least clear in intent.
Old January 20th, 2022, 02:10 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, the least updates needed is my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 20th, 2022, 03:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I think we should stop using "At the start of the round" period because it's like saying "During your turn" and is incredibly vague.

We need to specify anyway so there's nearly no reason for future cards to have that line.
Agreed.
Agreed.

If that's the consensus (or at least close to consensus) the only debatable item would be whether we update anything old for clarity or not (the ones that just say at the start of the round with no context).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 20th, 2022, 03:43 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Here's my suggested clarification/ruling.
Quote:
The start of the round is the first step in a round, happening before Order Markers are place or initiative is rolled. Generally then, powers that happen at the start of the round will be the first powers to happen during a round. Some older cards may have powers that say they trigger at the start of the round, but then list another action. For example, "At the start of the round, before rolling for initiative..." These are cases of outdated and extraneous wording - ignore the "start of the round" language in these cases.
How about this?

Quote:
The start of the round is the phase where Order Markers are placed and initiative is rolled. Most powers will specify in what part of the start of round phase the power happens. If the power does not, it happens before Order Markers are placed.
I don't love it, just because ideally folks wouldn't have to come to this ruling to figure things out, but I could get on board if this is agreeable to all.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 24th, 2022, 01:26 AM
Just A Head

I propose we move to voting or however we technically do it here.
Old January 24th, 2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I propose we move to voting or however we technically do it here.
I believe you're meant to propose the actual ruling you want to propose (even if it's as a suggestion to the Heroes if it's the type of thing they need to weigh-in on, as it probably is here). We don't vote on whether to vote, though.

Old January 26th, 2022, 02:26 PM

I propose we suggest to the Heroes that the vote the following ruling into place:

Quote:
Bats - yea
@tcglkn - nay
@MrNobody - yea
@Lord Pyre - yea
@quozl - yea
@toyhandle - abstain

Last edited by IAmBatman; January 27th, 2022 at 08:40 AM.
Old January 26th, 2022, 03:30 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I think it would be useful to have all the updates needed /affected designs listed along with our proposals. I did it for the last one.

But Yea either way.
Old January 26th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Just A Head

Yea
Old January 26th, 2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I think it would be useful to have all the updates needed /affected designs listed along with our proposals. I did it for the last one.
That does sound useful. I know Nobody dropped it all in this thread somewhere. If my eyes weren't glazing over when reading anything longer than a sentence right now, I'd try. At least got the ball moving here, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy