Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2020, 09:29 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Lords of Creation

I wonder if anyone here has played the Lords of Creation RPG by Avalon Hill (1983). I played it a lot in high school and I loved it. It is a multi-genre mashup, much like Heroscape.

I was planning on using several fictional settings as pocket dimensions which are the primary adventuring locations for the PCs. I am looking to write up stats for Land of the Lost (TV show NOT the movie) and the Landover series by Terry Brooks.

If anyone has any ideas for creature creation or a new setting to suggest for development I'd love to hear it!

Here are the rules.

Old July 22nd, 2020, 12:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Lords of Creation

Very surprised I have never heard of it. Looks cool though.
I may be able to help with the LotL.
The D&D cartoon is a nice pocket dimension.
Old July 22nd, 2020, 02:07 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Very surprised I have never heard of it. Looks cool though.
I may be able to help with the LotL.
The D&D cartoon is a nice pocket dimension.
Thanks for reminding me about that cartoon! I actually thought about it earlier and forgot to mention it in the OP.

I was also thinking about the Herculoids.

And thanks for help with LotL. I'm trying to find a good map of the place. If you spot any online, send them my way!

Old July 22nd, 2020, 02:23 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Herculoids may be the best! That has so much weird goodness.
I ran a few games of my RPG in the LotL.
One PC was on a quest to collect skulls of power and another PC took the Sleestak skulls and caused a rift in the group.
I think I just scribbled out a map.
I had it so when you walked out one side of the map, you came out the other, just like the show. That was the last 'new' episode I saw(when they go down the river), somehow missing it in my youth.
Old July 22nd, 2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
One PC was on a quest to collect skulls of power and another PC took the Sleestak skulls and caused a rift in the group.
I had it so when you walked out one side of the map, you came out the other, just like the show. That was the last 'new' episode I saw(when they go down the river), somehow missing it in my youth.
Cool! Thanks for the map.

Old August 6th, 2020, 04:17 PM

I got my Lords of Creation stuff in the mail today. I might still have my old copies of all the books but I have yet to discover where they went when I moved to a different apartment.

Old November 19th, 2022, 10:56 PM

I thought I'd update this thread. I found my missing LoC books and my old custom adventures and characters (can you believe I made up stats for Willy Wonka?). Now I just need someone to join me in a regular gaming group! It's easy to get lots of people to play boardgames but harder to get a group committed to an RPG.

Old November 20th, 2022, 06:56 AM

Good luck!
Looks fun.
Old November 20th, 2022, 07:21 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That’s a cool idea for a Land of the Lost scenario. You’re a fan as well? Right before Covid hit I ran a large LotL HeroScape “like” game at a con. I’ll see if I can post a few pictures later today.
Old November 20th, 2022, 07:47 AM

Oh yeah. Loved it as a kid and it aired weekly for awhile a couple years ago on a local station. Watched them all. Such a cool setting.

The RPG was really fun to drop the PCs in there.
Too bad they had a fallout and ended the campaign.
Old November 20th, 2022, 12:27 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

As I mentioned earlier here's a few pictures of my "Land of the Lost" - "Heroscape Like" game I ran a few years back. If I can find the time perhaps I can start a thread to both talk about it and show a few more pictures. Maybe it can give you some ideas Taeblewalker?

Old November 20th, 2022, 12:57 PM
Titleless

Wow. I just looked and the last time I posted an image here was 2017. Ya pulled me back in Mr. Taeblewalker!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games