Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 18th, 2021, 10:40 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs [*NEW* GORRAN THE OUTSIDER]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post

I thought of one.

N = Ninja
O = Opponent's Figure

Since neither of the 2 engaged ninjas can target the center opponent's figure the unengaged ninja uses METSUBUSHI SA against the center figure to effect the ones that are engaged. Then you get 2 defense drops instead of just 1.

You'd still probably prefer 3 normal attacks but that's not the point.
Great point, at that rate it might as well be range 1. The ninja build is already weak enough as it is so they'll need to maximize their attacks.
Old November 18th, 2021, 11:31 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Vydar_XLIII I couldn’t tell if you got this from your comments, but I do believe the ninjas are intended to be able to use their SA in addition to all three normal attacks.
Old November 18th, 2021, 11:46 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
@Vydar_XLIII I couldn’t tell if you got this from your comments, but I do believe the ninjas are intended to be able to use their SA in addition to all three normal attacks.
I think what he's insinuating is since the SA is before attacking, a ninja that would use the SA from range will be unable to attack afterward. 12th Caucasus don't have to worry about that because their base range allows them to follow up the grenade with a normal attack.
Old November 18th, 2021, 12:00 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
Quote:
I think what he's insinuating is since the SA is before attacking, a ninja that would use the SA from range will be unable to attack afterward. 12th Caucasus don't have to worry about that because their base range allows them to follow up the grenade with a normal attack.
Correct. I understand they get 3 normal attacks afterwards. I'm arguing that the Range of 3 doesn't make sense because if all 3 activated Ninjas are engaged to targets they plan to attack, then they can't use METSUBUSHI at range.

Andre, you could make it so METSUBUSHI can attack things while being engaged. Like J15's GUIDED CANNONS SA.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 18th, 2021, 12:12 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What if you chose three spaces in a straight line to be affected?
Old November 18th, 2021, 12:21 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
What if you chose three spaces in a straight line to be affected?
I'm envisioning a smoke bomb, does 3 spaces in a row make sense?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 18th, 2021, 12:33 PM

Based on my limited understanding of the theme, I think historically this was more often powder or sand thrown in opponent’s eyes, which I think would make sense for a line style aoe?
Old November 19th, 2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Based on my limited understanding of the theme, I think historically this was more often powder or sand thrown in opponent’s eyes, which I think would make sense for a line style aoe?
It's hard for me to imagine a non fire-based ability affecting a straight line in scape
Old January 25th, 2022, 05:47 PM

Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs [*NEW* WILDWOOD SENTIENT]

With some collaborative brainstorming in the Discord server, I present- Wildwood Sentient!

Points are probably way off, he's fresh off the press.
Old January 29th, 2022, 09:36 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A giant Wildwood is a cool idea. Sentient of the Forest and Slow Regeneration are a powerful combination, but a Life of 5 should likely limit their effects to saving a single Runner each round—still a valuable use. I'd actually say that the points are fine, as one must risk disrupting the Wildwood supply chain by dropping a Sentinel and/or a Runner to use the Sentient outside of larger games.

I am slightly concerned about Uproot's consequences against ranged units, though; because the Sentient is the only Wildwood that can neither grow into a greater unit nor grow out of a lesser unit, carries no bonding power to build board control, and cannot attack a figure at the farthest edge of its move, it seems acutely vulnerable to kiting strategies. In an extreme example, figures such as Agent Carr or Calibrax are even able to torment it in such a manner while repeatedly disengaging at little to no risk on sufficiently hilly maps, as the 5-Move double-spaced figure can hardly expect to throw more than a single attack die under such conditions.
Old February 3rd, 2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
A giant Wildwood is a cool idea. Sentient of the Forest and Slow Regeneration are a powerful combination, but a Life of 5 should likely limit their effects to saving a single Runner each round—still a valuable use. I'd actually say that the points are fine, as one must risk disrupting the Wildwood supply chain by dropping a Sentinel and/or a Runner to use the Sentient outside of larger games.

I am slightly concerned about Uproot's consequences against ranged units, though; because the Sentient is the only Wildwood that can neither grow into a greater unit nor grow out of a lesser unit, carries no bonding power to build board control, and cannot attack a figure at the farthest edge of its move, it seems acutely vulnerable to kiting strategies. In an extreme example, figures such as Agent Carr or Calibrax are even able to torment it in such a manner while repeatedly disengaging at little to no risk on sufficiently hilly maps, as the 5-Move double-spaced figure can hardly expect to throw more than a single attack die under such conditions.
It's difficult to design a double-spaced Wildwood, especially with how Ascend works. I went with Uproot for both thematic and balance reasons. Perhaps a Re-Tak-Shi-like movement power is a better approach here?
Old February 4th, 2022, 07:50 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AtG's Customs [*NEW* WILDWOOD SENTIENT]

I like the uproot concept but perhaps drop the sentient of the forest for an entangle (i.e. Cyberclaw) ability.
It may change the power compatibility but would certainly prevent disengage from being an issue...especially against pesky orcs.

Or live with it since this is Heroscape and each hero should have a rock/paper/scissors issue.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; February 4th, 2022 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Paper would be the issue against Wildwoods.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards