Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old April 25th, 2011, 09:42 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Fan Fic Contest - Are you the best writer?

Greetings, one and all, and welcome to the Fan Fiction Competition! I have revised this OP in an attempt to make it clearer and more organized. Allow me to explain how the competition works.

The Process

Spoiler Alert!

The Current Prompt can be found here.

The Rules and Technical Side-Notes
Spoiler Alert!

Competitive Ratings
Spoiler Alert!

Note: In the case of a delinquent judge, some of the more veteran participants in this contest may begin to refer to such things as bazookas, slabs of rotting meat, and giant pencils. To find out what they are talking about, click on the following links. These are all in this thread.
The original post, and also the one concerning giant pencils.
The bazookas post.
The post concerning rotting slabs of meat followed the same lines, and was aimed at SoA by Tornado, if memory serves. I cannot find it. If anyone does, let me know.

Thanks for reading my incredibly long explanation and have fun writing!
~TGRF.

Note: I (TGRF) reserve the right to make changes to this competition's structure at any time, and to make executive decisions in order to keep the contest going. This can include delaying aspects of the competition while those changes are put in place, if necessary. I will seek the opinions of the writers here before implementing any large change.

Last edited by TGRF; March 18th, 2024 at 02:51 PM.
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:22 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Greetings one and all! While reading a new fan fic today, I had a sudden idea. This thread is the result of that idea. In a nutshell, you will be given a challenge (Something like write about a marro battle deep in the swamps) and then you write about it. The rules are discussed in detail below.

1. Anyone may enter, but I would like to ask that you only do so if you can guarantee that you will be back in time to give out the next challenge, if chosen.
2. The challenge will be given out weekly on Sun.- Tue. Sunday, being the earliest, would be best, but Tuesday is the limit, at which point, if the challenge is not yet out, on Wednesday, the challenge may be given by anyone.
3. The winner of last week will give out the challenge
4. The winner of last week may not challenge himself, only others. You must wait to write a week after you have won.
5. The winner will be determined by the winner of last week.
6. Try to make the stories about the average length of a chapter of a normal fan fic.

I think that covers everything. If anyone has any questions, leave a post, but otherwise reserve this thread for the stories and a small amount of comments.

I will begin with the opening challenge:
Vydar has launched a bold expedition of five units to recover an ancient artifact deep within the Volcarren Wasteland; but they are suddenly ambushed. Write about the ambush and the ensuing battle.
While reading a certain fanfic definitely not written by an elven wizard... You had this idea.
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:00 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Quote:
Greetings one and all! While reading a new fan fic today, I had a sudden idea. This thread is the result of that idea. In a nutshell, you will be given a challenge (Something like write about a marro battle deep in the swamps) and then you write about it. The rules are discussed in detail below.

1. Anyone may enter, but I would like to ask that you only do so if you can guarantee that you will be back in time to give out the next challenge, if chosen.
2. The challenge will be given out weekly on Sun.- Tue. Sunday, being the earliest, would be best, but Tuesday is the limit, at which point, if the challenge is not yet out, on Wednesday, the challenge may be given by anyone.
3. The winner of last week will give out the challenge
4. The winner of last week may not challenge himself, only others. You must wait to write a week after you have won.
5. The winner will be determined by the winner of last week.
6. Try to make the stories about the average length of a chapter of a normal fan fic.

I think that covers everything. If anyone has any questions, leave a post, but otherwise reserve this thread for the stories and a small amount of comments.

I will begin with the opening challenge:
Vydar has launched a bold expedition of five units to recover an ancient artifact deep within the Volcarren Wasteland; but they are suddenly ambushed. Write about the ambush and the ensuing battle.
While reading a certain fanfic definitely not written by an elven wizard... You had this idea.
Er, yeah, I did.
Old April 26th, 2011, 06:37 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

This is a very interesting idea. I would love to enter. You got my ballot.

Now I have to go read elvenwizard's story to figure out where this came from.
Old April 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
This is a very interesting idea. I would love to enter. You got my ballot.

Now I have to go read elvenwizard's story to figure out where this came from.
Maybe people midunderstood. I meant you write it here before the week is up. Please, don't make me write a "if no one wins..." rule.

Old April 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The first one would be cool if it was just a general one so everyone can start off with unlimited possibilities and then you can get more specific each time someone tells what the new challenge is. Just my though.

Old April 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
The first one would be cool if it was just a general one so everyone can start off with unlimited possibilities and then you can get more specific each time someone tells what the new challenge is. Just my though.
Good idea, but the challenge is up already. I'll do it if I have to challenge again though.
Old April 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Here? In the thread? How long should it be?
Old April 26th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
That long. Try the Wind in the trees for average chapter length.
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:37 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Wait, so everyone makes a story based on the theme? I thought the person who made the challenge picked a person to write it. Please explain, I am hopelessly confused, but I am fine either way.
Old April 27th, 2011, 07:12 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Wait, so everyone makes a story based on the theme? I thought the person who made the challenge picked a person to write it. Please explain, I am hopelessly confused, but I am fine either way.
From my understanding, this is a game where everyone who wishes to writes a story in response to the challenge (issued by the winner of the previous week's contest). Then, the winner of the previous weeks challenge (In this case, since there is no current winner, it will be decided by TGRF) chooses what he/she considers to be the best story out of the ones submitted. The writer of the chosen story becomes the new winner, and issues the next challenge.

Hope that answered your question.

EDIT-My post will be coming up soon (have to eat dinner and write it first. )

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old April 27th, 2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcs Blade View Post
Quote:
From my understanding, this is a game where everyone who wishes to writes a story in response to the challenge (issued by the winner of the previous week's contest). Then, the winner of the previous weeks challenge (In this case, since there is no current winner, it will be decided by TGRF) chooses what he/she considers to be the best story out of the ones submitted. The writer of the chosen story becomes the new winner, and issues the next challenge.

Hope that answered your question.

EDIT-My post will be coming up soon (have to eat dinner and write it first. )
That is completely correct. I look forward to seeing your post!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction