Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old October 29th, 2019, 11:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I checked today and found that you can finally buy Perilous Dark as a physical book. Enough said there, its bought and should be to my place by friday. I'm hoping it is. That should get me started on my solo campaign through the books. I finished up all my winterizing around the house, cleaning the shed, garage, and yard. Also, put in the time to finish the father in laws 8.5 hours worth of repairs and servicing on his Bobcat skidsteer last saturday. I think its safe for me to plan some gaming this weekend.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 30th, 2019, 06:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

You'll have Perilous Dark before me Trex. I ordered mine through a buddy that has a connection with a distributor, so it takes longer to get because they need a certain threshold before shipping to him. But it's cheaper and I'm patient, having tons to keep me busy.

I saw in the Fallout facebook page that the Radscorpions were back in stock at the Modiphius online store. I generally don't like to pay full price, but they only sell certain things from their site that don't go to other online retailers. So that set comes with 2 Radscorpions, but I also ordered a Sentry Bot and some hazardous materials barrels with stuff oozing out. The Sentry Bot is a sweet model, as are the Radscorpions. I will have to come up with a cool encounter with them during a homebrew scenario.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 30th, 2019, 07:58 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
You'll have Perilous Dark before me Trex. I ordered mine through a buddy that has a connection with a distributor, so it takes longer to get because they need a certain threshold before shipping to him. But it's cheaper and I'm patient, having tons to keep me busy.

I saw in the Fallout facebook page that the Radscorpions were back in stock at the Modiphius online store. I generally don't like to pay full price, but they only sell certain things from their site that don't go to other online retailers. So that set comes with 2 Radscorpions, but I also ordered a Sentry Bot and some hazardous materials barrels with stuff oozing out. The Sentry Bot is a sweet model, as are the Radscorpions. I will have to come up with a cool encounter with them during a homebrew scenario.
When searching Amazon, I found it from a couple of retailers for a little cheaper than the option with Prime. Those retailers positive feedback rates were lacking and so I went with the Prime seller to get it fast and paid just a few dollars more for it. The Sentry Bot is pretty cool looking. I found an STL of it awhile back, but didn't know what I'd do with it. They also have some models of the Radscorpions. I think they also look pretty cool. At the moment I'm 3d printing a few ticalla jungle trees to see how my printer handles them. So far they are looking pretty cool. I replaced the one tree top on one of my Official Ticalla trees that was missing when I bought it. I've also printed another two tree trunks and another tree top. I don't really need any more trees, but for what these go for online it was fun to be able to make a couple of them just for fun. I've took kind of a side track from my normal painting to print out my Starcraft units for Heroscape. The Tank is specifically made for Hexless Heroscape. I'm going to rename that mode to Heroscape Unleashed once I get my modular range/space tools created and printed. I'm also going to rename my Heroscape Skirmish Assault variant to Heroscape Epic Assault. I've made the new templates for multiple squads and made all my original and vc models compatible with it. I think when we play next we will play Heroscape Epic Assault Unleashed. Start zones will be laid out like star wars legion does it with boundaries. Should be fun. Side note: So, along with the ticalla trees (that I really don't need) I was out cleaning the shed and found a ton more foam and another section of pre cut wafer board that I'm not using for anything. I decided to make that entire section 2ft x 4ft into an underdark piece. I can then slide it up next to a dungeon piece and add some of my underdark scatter pieces on top of that and have a bit more underdark to help the other stuff flow a bit better. The foam which I have in a 2in thick sheet and another in 1in thick will be made into big sections of cavernous underdark rock formations to give a decent amount of height variation for any cavern type play. This will give a bit more dimension to my underdark/alien type world for my frostgrave, and legion games. Right now my go to for legion is generally jungle worlds of either a scarif,kashyyk, or endor theme. It will be fun to use my funky colored mushrooms and other underdark accent pieces. I'll just have to find somewhere to store them.

Old October 31st, 2019, 07:44 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Make sure you take pics of that!
Old October 31st, 2019, 09:32 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Make sure you take pics of that!
Will do.

Old October 31st, 2019, 05:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Ticalla trees are awesome, I'm glad I have some. I've used them for Legion and will eventually use them for Ghost Archipelago if I ever get that played.

I've never played Starcraft @TREX . I've heard of it, but just never played.

Yeah, sometimes paying a little more for something (like Perilous Dark ) is worth it for piece of mind and getting it sooner. You wanted to start your solo Frostgrave anyway, so might as well start that with the official rules to help.

Old November 1st, 2019, 01:50 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Ticalla trees are awesome, I'm glad I have some. I've used them for Legion and will eventually use them for Ghost Archipelago if I ever get that played.

I've never played Starcraft @TREX . I've heard of it, but just never played.

Yeah, sometimes paying a little more for something (like Perilous Dark ) is worth it for piece of mind and getting it sooner. You wanted to start your solo Frostgrave anyway, so might as well start that with the official rules to help.
Starcraft was one of the first computer games I played along with warcraft 2. Mine and my brothers favorite thing to do was to have LAN parties to link up and play it. We would quite often team up against as many computer enemies as we could and try to outlast them and beat them. To this day it is still a classic. Just the other day we were talking about how they just remastered Warcraft 3. If you like games where you build up your forces by harvesting resources, building a base and producing whichever troops you like and running them against each other, these games are for you. Easily still in my top 10 type of games I like to play.

I think Ill be giving the set of ticalla I printed to my one brother who still plays tabletop games with me when he can. I have enough terrain but had to try printing them out. They are very nice. Im printing a solid infilled wosaga right now. 11 hr and 35 min print.
I was expecting perilous dark today and as I was heading. Out the door for work, found my darksouls kickstarter stretch goal box. I backed it 3 years ago. It was a fun surprise to find but still no perilous dark yet. Hopefully by the time I get home.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 10:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

I finished my 4 Knight Patrol models for the Brotherhood of Steel faction in Fallout Wasteland Warfare.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 02:00 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
I finished my 4 Knight Patrol models for the Brotherhood of Steel faction in Fallout Wasteland Warfare.

They look great Hahma. These models come with detailed bases right, you didnt have to add stuff to them right? I couldnt sleep last night so was up around 3am. I ended up going in to the shop and finishing a bunch of 3d prints from my 3d print bin. This is a bin where Ive made a bunch of models or terrain that need supports pulled and cleaned up with my hot tool. I was planning on finishing cleaning up my starcraft units and also finished my giant beholder, a couple squads of axegrinders, some HoSS gungans, and also the deathclaw from fallout I printed. I may just have to paint those up today to catch up my 3d printing backlog. Along with the 3 ticalla trees I printed, Ive been doing tons of heroscape bases of all sizes. Just finished 60 of them for Leaf_it on here just to help him out. I started up my woodburning stove this morning. When I have that running for awhile its perfect to quickly cure primed models in my den. I plan on priming my 4 armies of runewars figures and my modern zombicide models. I know that it is fun to use the extra zombies of those in my walking dead games. Now that walking dead is painted I figure I may as well do up some of those. Also, Ive taught my 16 yr old niece how to paint and shes excited to help me paint minis. I figure hordes of zombies would be a great starting point for her as the street zombies dont have specific colors to have to follow. I had a look through the perilous dark manual last night. Specifically the how to create your own scenario for solo/coop play. It doesnt have too many changes, but enough to where it was definitely worth waiting for it. Especially the turn order in which creatures activate, how you balance scenarios, etc. Its going to be fun.

Old November 3rd, 2019, 08:36 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah @TREX , the Fallout bases are molded like that, so I don't have to do any of that, which is really nice.

You just keep cranking stuff out like a machine.

It's cool that your niece wants to paint, and zombies are perfect for beginners.

Now you can start solo Frostgrave, can't wait to hear about it. I won't likely get mine for a bit, as it takes longer with my buddy's connection.

Old November 3rd, 2019, 11:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

I finished a car that I had started a while ago, but set aside until yesterday, when my eyes were bugging me and I didn't want to work on small detailed minis. This is a 1:43 scale 1953 Cadillac and it has the retro look that is just what I wanted for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, since that's their vehicle aesthetic, despite being in the future. It started out bright red (as seen in one of the pictures where I have another one), and I took it apart to dirty up the interior since the interior was exposed. Didn't spend too much time on this, but wanted to give it a weathered post-apocalyptic vibe.

Old November 3rd, 2019, 01:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That looks great!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures