Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old July 28th, 2017, 10:55 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Season 3 of Game of Thrones (been excellent so far)
Schitt's Creek (just finished season 2, hilarious)

Aaaaand I'm waiting on Season 3 of Rick and Morty, can't wait.
Old July 30th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I finished season 2 of Sense 8 on Netflix. Great, great, series. Sad that there won't be a 3rd season, but at least it seems like there will be a 2 hour series finale in 2018.

Very adult show, I'd say it would be a hard R rating. But it is groundbreaking and awesome with all the diversity.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 30th, 2017, 08:32 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Season 3 of Game of Thrones (been excellent so far)
Schitt's Creek (just finished season 2, hilarious)

Aaaaand I'm waiting on Season 3 of Rick and Morty, can't wait.
I am loving Game of Thrones. I'm a bit sad that it's soon to come to an end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I finished season 2 of Sense 8 on Netflix. Great, great, series. Sad that there won't be a 3rd season, but at least it seems like there will be a 2 hour series finale in 2018.

Very adult show, I'd say it would be a hard R rating. But it is groundbreaking and awesome with all the diversity.
I agree with you Hahma. I don't have that many shows that I watch but there was something that I really liked about Sense8. I was hooked from the first episode. I still have not watched the second season, as i was putting it off after finding out that they were going to cancel the show. I had no idea that there was going to be a 2 hour series finale. That is great news at least. I do plan on watching season 2 soon.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 30th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@keglo

While I'm disappointed about no season 3, I'm glad for the 2 seasons I got to see. Totally worth it because of the quality of the show. And season 2 ramps things up, very awesome.

I love how the series showcases people of different races, nationalities, sexual orientation etc, and how they all work together, love and care for each other. Each has their own storiline, but they also each have something to contribute to the cluster when needed.

Hopefully this show will open the door for future shows with similar qualities.

Old July 30th, 2017, 11:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Well, going from a great serious show like Sense 8, now I'm starting another mature oriented show that my sister and 24 year old niece suggested, called Shameless. Oh, and it is.

Old August 1st, 2017, 08:03 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finally got around to watching the first season of True Detective, per the recommendation of a few friends. Critical reception from what I read on the internet was great, too.

The wife and I both enjoyed it and found the main characters compelling. I have to vent, though, about the season finale. Without going into too many details, I was underwhelmed by the seemingly abrupt plot wrap-up and weak character development of "that guy." And they really missed out on a big opportunity for fleshing out the imagery and symbolism that we saw throughout the entire first season.

With that rant over, it was a very interesting show with some good characters. Given the second season's mixed reception (and HBO's apology for season 2), we are probably going to pass on that one.
Old August 9th, 2017, 08:37 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Just finished Last Chance U and moved on to GLOW. Also watching Game of Thrones and Ballers every Sunday.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:54 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Finally got around to watching the first season of True Detective, per the recommendation of a few friends. Critical reception from what I read on the internet was great, too.

The wife and I both enjoyed it and found the main characters compelling. I have to vent, though, about the season finale. Without going into too many details, I was underwhelmed by the seemingly abrupt plot wrap-up and weak character development of "that guy." And they really missed out on a big opportunity for fleshing out the imagery and symbolism that we saw throughout the entire first season.

With that rant over, it was a very interesting show with some good characters. Given the second season's mixed reception (and HBO's apology for season 2), we are probably going to pass on that one.
It's a very small commitment and while it wasn't as good as the first it wasn't terrible. My wife and I enjoyed it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 9th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Just finished Jessica Jones last night. That was really good, but hard to watch at times. That was one sick, demented bad guy. Then again some of the secondary characters were pretty sick and demented as well. Now I just need to go through Luke Cage and Iron Fist (seen the first couple) before I watch Defenders.

Also I've been watching the first season of Dark Matter. So far I'm thinking of it as a poor man's Firefly. I don't think the writing and acting is really strong, but so far it is good enough. The premise is interesting, and the slow reveal has kept me interested. It's nice that it a) is into a third season already and b) not related in any way shape or form to the book with the same name.
Old August 10th, 2017, 08:06 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Do you play Firefly The Game? My pal GWEK, well known on the boardgamegeek FTG boards there, is working on his variant "SYFY Friday Nights:" Integrating both Dark Matter and Killjoys into FTG with cards for their ships, crews, and equipment!
Old August 10th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I haven't had the chance. I'll look it up if I do.
Old August 10th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

Almost done with season 2 of Shameless on Netflix. What a great but disturbing show.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV