Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old May 8th, 2016, 07:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: HOSS Starter Army Suggestions

I've fallen into a routine of testing most figures in 600 point armies. I feel that is our sweet spot here at HoSS, enough points to build a decent themed army but still small enough not to have super long games.
Old May 8th, 2016, 09:51 PM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

600 points does seem to be a sweet spot, it allows you to build the rescue team of Luke I, Ben, Han I, Chewie, R2, C3P0 plus a bit more. They are also 2 fig mini squads as well, with nice synergy between them.

What would you include to round out that above group to 600? Leia leading the rebel troops could work too.

I could see two different Imperial Armies being possible as well, maybe three. Vader, Palpatine and Tarkin being the leaders.
Old May 10th, 2016, 01:47 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

For a 600 point Rebel Trooper army, I like:
2x Rebel Captains
4x Rebel Troopers
Leia
Obi-Wan

This gives you Obi-Wan and Leia bonding to help get Leia into position while the Captains are advancing the Troopers.
Old May 10th, 2016, 02:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like this Jabba build at 600 points.

Jabba 140
Bib 90
Gamorreans x2 130
Bossk 130
Dengar 110

Gamorreans can be used as a meat shield for the BH's, with Bib bringing more into the fight as needed. Dengar can sit back and pop off shots while Bossk is the aggressor with his Brutal Claws. Jabba gives you the OM flex to do what is most useful at the time while also awarding item glyphs to your BH's.

For the Rebels, I enjoy running hero armies that feature the characters I know and love from the film. So here is one from me at 600 points.

Obi-Wan 150
Padawan Luke 110
Yoda 100
Han 120
Chewbacca 120

It gives you two, two figure bonding teams that you can send after two different objectives or lead with one while saving the other for your 2nd wave. Yoda can tag along with either team and rearrange figures for you.
Old May 10th, 2016, 02:46 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Major Derlin with some Rebel Heavy Gunners also make up the core of a good Rebel army.
Old May 11th, 2016, 02:05 AM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

Thumbs up guys! Keep the 600 coming. I think we need a few imperial armies. I anticipate running a multiplayer game in a few weeks with SW Command figures, so these are gold.
Old May 11th, 2016, 12:07 PM

Sandpeople, or worse!
A-Zulmun (170)
Tusken Snipers (130)
6x Tusken Raiders (300)

Emperor (170)
Emperor's Guard (150)
Imperial Officer (85)
2x Stormtroopers (160)
35 points left to fill...Probe Droid + C3PO ?? Or take 3 squads of Death Star Troopers instead of the regular Stormtroopers + 15 points of filler. Or wait for that one guy we haven't released yet
Old May 11th, 2016, 01:32 PM
C3G Landlord

I've never tried it out but I just came up with this idea for an Empire army.

ST x3 240
E-Web x2 200
Tarkin 160

Tarkin helps you move the E-Webs up, ST take out squads while the E-Web's take out heroes. Add an AT-ST or two for an 800 or 1000 point army.

On the right board I would try this Empire army at 600 points:

Vader 220
DST x3 180
AT-ST 200

You really need to have the right terrain to make the DST a better pick than the regular ST though.

Here is another idea for an Empire Army at 600 points:

Emperor 170
ST x2 160
Imperial Officer 85
FX-7 35
E-Web 100
Probe Droid x2 50

Once the E-Web is set up where you want it, drop the FX-7 next to it so you can heal it as needed, while the Emperor can help prevent the E-Web from blowing up. Send the Probe Droids out to suicide bomb any approaching forces. The ST can also be used to keep foes away from the E-Web with the IO just replacing those killed.

Again I have not tried any of them, most of my testing armies use figures not yet released, so I'm just seeing what I can come up with that might work based on my experience with the units.
Old May 11th, 2016, 09:57 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

After stealing a few army ideas from here, here is the link of 20 armies I plan on using to play test. (I had a similar list previously, but I seem to have lost it some how.)

Unless I want to playtest with a specific army, I usually roll the 20 to see what army I'm playtesting against. It speeds up the process, as well as makes games against another person go faster as we both roll, grab the army and go. Hopefully the link works correctly. Feel free to critique or make suggestions for better balanced armies, and especially names for the armies, that's my weakest area I think...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:38 PM

Add C3PO into Army 15, that's a perfect build for him.

For Army 19, I would drop Jawas and add a squad of Gamorreans so Bib has something to bring back.
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:46 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Add C3PO into Army 15, that's a perfect build for him.

For Army 19, I would drop Jawas and add a squad of Gamorreans so Bib has something to bring back.
Ooh, good call. I missed that I had room for him there.

I thought about that, but A. No other army has Jawas, and I want to you everyone I have if I can and B. IG-88 protects Jabba from range, so I wanted the Jawas as a screen from melee.

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old May 12th, 2016, 03:10 PM
C3G Landlord

That makes sense for casual play with friends, but when it comes to testing units it is better to make sure each army being used has the best chance to win. Drafting Bib without having anyone for him to bring back makes him not worth his points. He generally earns back his points investment by bringing troops back into favorable positions on the board. Using the Jawa's as a cheap melee screen seems like an interesting idea, which makes me think that army would be better served by just dropping Bib for something else. Add in Greedo & 3PO and you have 130 points to play with.

Jawas x2 (70)
Jabba (140)
IG-88B (150)
Bossk (130)
Dengar (110)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape