Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old April 14th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Bridge Defense Rule Question

I just built a board with a bridge pretty high up in the air. The base of the bridge is at 12 over the 1st level base height. In this situation the players on the bridge would get a +2 on the dice in both attack and defense.

If the guys on the ground move up levels to to get the difference within 10 levels, I would say for attack the guys on the bridge only get a +1 for attack. For defense though, do they get to count the height of the wall in front of them? (i.e. base difference is 9 but the wall is 2 levels higher) I only ask this, because if they fell, you would have to count this height.

Thanks, Pete
Old April 14th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
No, combat modifiers are base to base, so it's still +1.

Falling damages is calculated differently, it's not a combat modifier.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old April 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM

ezekiel has disabled reputation
Re: Bridge Defense Rule Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh
I just built a board with a bridge pretty high up in the air. The base of the bridge is at 12 over the 1st level base height. In this situation the players on the bridge would get a +2 on the dice in both attack and defense.

If the guys on the ground move up levels to to get the difference within 10 levels, I would say for attack the guys on the bridge only get a +1 for attack. For defense though, do they get to count the height of the wall in front of them? (i.e. base difference is 9 but the wall is 2 levels higher) I only ask this, because if they fell, you would have to count this height.

Thanks, Pete
actually its ten levels higher than the characters height your attacking so you only get a +1 unless the figuer your fighting is a height of 2

naboota itchy nub nub- Chewbacca hoo ha

In memoriam of Deannie-April 17, 2007
Old April 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
Right, for the +1 bonus, it's base-to-base. To get the +2 bonus, the base of the higher figure must be at least as high as the height of the lower figure, plus ten. So to get the +2 bonus over most figures, your bridge would need to be 14 or 15 levels high.

And no, the railing doesn't factor in at all.

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old April 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow! I missed the height of figures rule in the book. Thanks.

Two points/questions:
1: How does this work for defensive dice? Do you ever get two dice? (I scoured the book and couldn't find it.)

2: It seems the only real advantage for being behind a wall then, is they block line of sight when it is off the ground (the bridge figure does not lose line of sight since you can use those red lines instead). I guess it makes engagement harder as well.
Old April 14th, 2007, 05:03 PM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
No problem. The +2 height advantage is maybe the most misread rule. I had to have someone point it out to me too, long ago. Probably nether, bless him.

1) Height advantages effect both Attack and Defense dice the same. A figure standing 15 levels above a figure with height 5 would get +2 when attacking (except specials, of course) and +2 when defending. The rulebook doesn't make this as readily apparent as it could, but it's there on page 14.

2) Yes, walls primarily help in blocking LOS for figures that are steeply below, and in making it harder for figures to climb over the sides onto a bridge.

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's