Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM

shadow_111 is surprisingly tart
Forum rule question

Hi. Recently, I responded to MiniatureGeek's Custom Workshop #1 thread.

Apparently this is an old thread, but someone had posted to it, and it was on the front page of the forum.

After posting, my rep. was cut down to -4 (from 12), and now I fear being banned.

So my question is: Is it illegal to respond to an old thread? If not, the user who docked my rep is abusing his power, and needs to be cut down a size.

Here is the comment he left:

Quote:
replying to a 2 year old thread as if it were a relevant conversation
If I am in the wrong here, I will go along quietly, and try to regain some rep. But someone please clarify!

Thank you.
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:13 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Forum rule question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_111 View Post
Hi. Recently, I responded to MiniatureGeek's Custom Workshop #1 thread.

Apparently this is an old thread, but someone had posted to it, and it was on the front page of the forum.

After posting, my rep. was cut down to -4 (from 12), and now I fear being banned.

So my question is: Is it illegal to respond to an old thread? If not, the user who docked my rep is abusing his power, and needs to be cut down a size.

Here is the comment he left:

Quote:
replying to a 2 year old thread as if it were a relevant conversation
If I am in the wrong here, I will go along quietly, and try to regain some rep. But someone please clarify!

Thank you.
1) You will not be banned based soley on rep.
2) No, there is no rule against replying to old threads, although many of us do frown on it, especially when it is no longer relevant.
3) No, the neg repper is not abusing his/her power, please read the myriad posts on this subject
4) Admin Xotli has stated he will neg rep anyone who comlains about being neg repped
5) This should have gone in the Scapers Online section, and probably in one of the existing threads about rep.
6) ... I guess I'll stop there ...
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:49 AM

Oh! Ok. Thanks. I appreciate it. I don't think I was complaining, I just wanted to know for future reference. Thanks!

So... sorry. hehe. I'm a n00b.
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:03 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Also, if you do happen to pick up a two-year old conversation, as long as you are adding useful information to the thread I don't think it would be a problem. Especially if you acknowledge that you knowe it is an old conversation...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:53 PM

Okay. Thank you. I appreciate it, and will keep that in mind.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online