Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old July 15th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

So far I've gotten Borderlands GOTY and Monkey Island 1 and 2.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:21 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I tried to play Borderlands once, but I tried to kill a level 14 enemy when I was level 10 and by the time it got down to half health I was completely out of ammo and it started regenerating health, so I stopped playing it because of that (even though I went out of my way to try and kill it). I don't think I should be able to just kill every enemy from the start, but come on, an enemy shouldn't be that invincible. Other that that, it was kind of just meh to me.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's like L4Dead, it's a co-op game really.

Playing it solo is easily possible, but your missing much of the fun.

EDIT: Borderlands is also a RPG first and a FPS second, meaning attacking people with significantly higher levels than you will no go well. It doesn't make enemies level with you like Bioware or Bethesda games do.

This is actually a good thing since there is no fast travel, going through low level areas to get where you are going is very painless.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Last edited by jschild; July 16th, 2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post

EDIT: Borderlands is also a RPG first and a FPS second, meaning attacking people with significantly higher levels than you will no go well. It doesn't make enemies level with you like Bioware or Bethesda games do.

This is actually a good thing since there is no fast travel, going through low level areas to get where you are going is very painless.
There's a fast travel system starting in the 2nd major area.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:

Did they patch it in? Because I know there wasn't one originally inside each area.

Old July 16th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:

Did they patch it in? Because I know there wasn't one originally inside each area.
I played on PS3, but there was a fast travel system at the new you stations once you got to the 2nd map area.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:45 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I bought Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity on Steam last night. It's an extremely fun game (though I completely suck at it). I've played it for about an hour and 45 minutes, and in that time managed to capture just one planet. Yeah, it's a really slow-paced game. It helped once I turned off the Pirate setting, as they kept destroying all of my structures once I built them up. Anyway, I recommend it.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Persona 4...funniest game I have ever player, the combat is a step down from Persona 3, but it is quicker. Can't wait for P4 Arena.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Dr Feelgood

Just got Costume Quest on Steam, though I recommend the entire bundle if you Tim Schaefer games.

Old July 17th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Let's see how much I've pillaged my wallet so far (the person who owes me money is trustworthy and will pay me back, so I won't count the money I spent on his games):

PAYDAY: The Heist - $5
Binary Domain - $10
Sniper Elite V2 - $15
Portal 2 - $5
Worms: Reloaded - $5
Team Fortress 2 mouse pad - ~$11 (including shipping)

$51 so far, with Mirror's Edge and the ARMA 2 bundle to go. *cringe*
Picked up Mirror's Edge for $5, and the first 2 FEAR games for ~$6 total.

This is now $62, still waiting for the ARMA 2: Combined Operations bundle to get a lower discount than 20%. If it doesn't by the end of the sale, I'll pick it up for 20% off.

Somehow I got a tax return check from the government for $41 a few days ago that I was supposed to get in 2010, but they resent me it. I got my first job in 2011 and started paying taxes then so I don't know why I would be getting one in/from 2010. But whatever, lessens the wallet killing.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:58 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD jut came out on the Xbox Live Marketplace yesterday. I'm definitely picking it up for the $15, but I decided to grab the demo first just in case (it's downloading now).

Basically if you've ever played a skateboarding game, Tony Hawk's 4 Pfo Skater games were the best out there. After Pro Skater 4 they started doing other skating games under Tony's name like Project 8, which is still great, but just not as high quality as the Pro Skater series. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is a downloadable release that is basically a revamp of the original game. I cannot wait to play it since I have owned Pro Skater 4 for so many years.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 19th, 2012, 04:12 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is a tough game. After a few days of playing it, and restarting my game a few times (all on Very Easy), I was finally able to successfully defend one of my planets against a siege today! And I managed to win an uncontrolled planet in a smaller battle, although I wouldn't have won if it weren't for my many reinforcements.

Even though I'm having a hard time with the game, I really love it! Personally, I think it's one of the best RTS games out there.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games