Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old February 14th, 2017, 08:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Smurf along with me: la la la-la la la!

Skull and shield are excellent. I only like the very first arrow although the first arrowhead might look nice with the number a bit more centered (and possibly with the suggestion of a shaft).

The idea of a two-tone icon makes me wonder if instead of crosshairs (although that could be good) you could use a target icon.
Old February 14th, 2017, 10:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I am totally digging the Skull and Shield. I still love the foot for move. Some of the more non primal arrows look cool for range. I really am liking this template a lot. I am going to throw down a whole slew of customs from some Coolminiornot games soon and want to use your template for them all. @dok is spot on with a two toned cross hair for range. since you did it for the skull and shield already. Adding some shadow to the foot should be simple enough as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:38 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Personally I am liking this option for range best. Is it possible someone could confuse the icon for movement instead of range?

This is my second favorite for range:

I also really like the two tone skull/shield. They look sharp.
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Skull/shield are awesome! I love your implementation.
Old February 16th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

More range options based on recent discussion. To minimize the number of screenshots I put 3 candidate range icons on each card. (And like last time, ignore the rest of the card--species and points and such are going to be adjusted, but aren't on these screenshots). There are crosshairs, a bullseye target, and throwing stars.

I've given up on helmet for defense. Using the 'scape skull & shield is where it is at!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; February 16th, 2017 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old February 16th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

I like A and E, personally.

Last edited by Cavalier; February 16th, 2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old February 16th, 2017, 03:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Favorites: D, then A, then I.
Old February 16th, 2017, 03:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Favorites: D, then A, then I.
Agree (maybe B over I, actually). The bullseye didn't come off as nicely as I'd hoped (because the center bullseye is obscured by the range number).
Old February 16th, 2017, 05:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I is the closest to a crosshair and my favorite.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 16th, 2017, 05:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A and I

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 18th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

(The following images use one of the less popular crosshair options (although it happens to be my favorite). I will either adjust the icon, hoping the modification will win your approval, or swap it to one of the better-liked ones for the final templates.)

Alright, time to start applying what we've discovered to a real Heroscape card. Here's Syvarris (+5 geek points for correctly guessing the origin of the quote without looking it up--I usually make up a quote, but couldn't help myself here):

A few things to note:
1) The left attribute items are now all right below the card title, colored Ullar green (as is the bottom area).
2) I dropped "Hero"/"Squad". Objections?
3) I slid down the foot further, deciding it doesn't look bad having the number overlap the toes.
4) The image is a hybrid between a miniature image and a drawing. i think it blends with the rest of the card better than a straight up photo. It is meant to look like comic-ish drawing but derived from a photograph of the mini (see spoiler)
Spoiler Alert!

As you can see above, I'm still not settled on how to represent points, but it's getting narrowed down and I think it will be one of those two options. If using the text-only option, I think sliding over the icons makes sense as it leaves more room for more hitzone graphics for squaddies. Something like this:

but if using the coin, it seems to look better keeping the icons centered--not sure about squad implications of this yet:

Note that the above 3 images present options for shading around the boundary between the green rectangle and the white above. First image is what I've used for all images prior to this post--no shading. Second image has inner shading of the rectangle. Third one has an outer shadow. Thoughts on those?

Another thing to consider--the next image desaturates the black border around the icon as well as the background of the coin:

Pretty sure the icon border is an improvement. Not as sure about the coin, but maybe.

FINALLY, I've begun assembling the sorts of things I'd like to put on the backs of these cards, for the moment grouping them under 4 "C" categories. Final design likely won't look like this--I have done no design work on this back.

FINALLY#2, I sent one of the Syvarris cards above to @dok and he did a neat test with it. There was previously some concern that these cards may not be clear as to what each thing means. He showed it to his 8-year-old, who has just started playing Heroscape (one game with full rules, several previous ones with reduced rules). The result? He correctly identified the meaning of all parts of the card, except he didn't know the general was Ullar. It seems to be doing its job. (I will see what I can do about the general).

I know the above is quite a bit to digest in one post. Sorry about that, but yeah, I'm sweating the details on the design and thanking you all in advance for your feedback on all of the changes.

Next test--creating a SQUAD card with a lot more special power text--DIVIDERS!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 18th, 2017, 10:20 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well it's a Tolkien Quote and I'm guessing Legolas.

Like the second shadow.

I think the art is the best compromise between mini and comic art. I Love it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations