Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 19th, 2015, 10:55 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Martian Manhunter (Justice League)

The Book of Martian Manhunter (Justice League)

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 14
DAWN OF JUSTICE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Cosmic Justice set.
Its model numbers and name are #085 Martian Manhunter.

Character Bio - For years after his tenure with the Justice Experience, J'onn continued wandering Earth, taking many different forms and identities. Although he believed that if he again revealed himself as a superhero that he would draw more trouble to himself, something quickly changed his mind. The super-powered protector of Metropolis, Superman, revealed himself to the world, and soon costumed vigilantes were saving lives everywhere. Eventually, in an freak alien invasion, Hal Jordan, Flash, Aquaman, and Black Canary rushed into battle. J'onn quickly put aside his fears of revealing himself, and changed to his typical Martian garb, but kept his overall appearance more humanoid. He battled alongside the other heroes, and they left triumphant. From that point on, these five heroes, along with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman fought together as the Justice League of America. This team would become a mainstay in the DC Universe, consistently protecting the Earth from otherworldly threats and even home-grown emergencies.

Through many years with the Justice League, J'onn J'onzz managed to find some measure of solace among his new found friends. The people of Earth accepted him, along with his fellow superheroes. He still kept many secret identities across the globe, maintaining a carefully built system that he used to learn all about his fellow Earthlings.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:_________________________________________________________________

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Martian Manhunter is best paired with Champions, Officers, Vigilantes, and/or Warriors. To get the most out of your army, try to pair him with other figures that start with Justice League markers, that also give him a Justice League marker, or share the same classes that offer more markers. Pairing Martian Manhunter with Superman III, will get you effectively double the markers for each Champion, Vigilante, or Warrior you control.
  • Picking lower point characters who has a class listed in Martian Manhunter's Justice League of America power will net you more markers to use, but less effective when benefiting from them due to their lower power level. Try to pick some big hitters as well as lower point characters, to get the most out of each marker.
  • Justice League Faction Strategy
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by japes; January 25th, 2022 at 03:35 PM.
Old September 19th, 2015, 10:55 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Martian Manhunter (II)

NAME = MARTIAN MANHUNTER II
SECRET IDENTITY = J'ONN J'ONZZ

SPECIES = MARTIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 420

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA
At the start of the game, place 1 blue Justice League Marker on this card for each Unique Hero you control with the class of Champion, Officer, Vigilante, or Warrior, to a maximum of 7.

TELEPATHIC LEAGUE LINK
All figures you control are considered within clear sight of each other. An opponent may never take control of Martian Manhunter or any figure you control within 4 spaces of Martian Manhunter. Once per round, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn normally with Martian Manhunter, you may remove a Justice League Marker from this card and immediately choose up to two Unique Heroes you control within 8 spaces of Martian Manhunter to take a turn. Martian Manhunter may be one of the chosen heroes.

DENSITY CONTROL
Martian Manhunter can move through all figures, Fortress Walls, and obstacles, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Martian Manhunter cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight. Martian Manhunter may not be moved by any special power on an opponent's Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Changes Made:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by tcglkn; June 17th, 2021 at 04:03 PM.
Old September 19th, 2015, 11:03 AM

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Background Art:
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 19th, 2015, 11:14 AM

Alright, I think initial discussion could be directed at the Telepathic Mind Link power, as it is the bulk of his card. Yodaking had an issue with the Marker Burn aspect of it allowing multiple turns to be taken with such big point figures, so I'd like to explore other options. The power should stick with a Telepathic theme, be useful enough to encourage burning a marker in order to use it, but not too powerful that it drives his cost up too much.

Telepathy covers a lot of potential powers to be represented, from sensing thoughts, mind wipes, inducing sleep, mind control, and several other possibilities.

Here's 5 ideas I thought up, and what their theme is:

Mental Focus:
Anytime a figure you control would remove a Justice League Marker from its card, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card instead.

*Would help re-enforce Martian Manhunter as a purely support figure, and could really help benefit other figures with decent Marker Burn powers, extending how much use they can get out of them.

Mind Control:
Once per turn, after taking a turn with Martian Manhunter, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card and choose a Unique Hero within 5 spaces of Martian Manhunter, then roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, you may take a turn with the chosen figure. After taking a turn with the chosen figure, you may not take any additional turns with any other figures.

*Would work in tandem with Batman's proposed +3 to D20 rolls by burning a marker, and it'd give Martian Manhunter more reason to be in the fray. It's kept balanced by having a range limit, as well as requiring an 8 or higher, or burn a marker with Batman if you have him as well, which would make it a 5 or higher.

Thought Sensing:
Once per turn, before a figure you control rolls defense dice when defending against a normal attack, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card, and add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

*Helps the weaker figures out, and adds to Batman's MMA, as well as overall botch insurance.

Mind Scan:
If you win initiative, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card, immediately view any Order Markers on your opponents' cards.

*Would work well with Superman's initiative boost, and further stack with Captain Marvel's healing based on initiative win, and of course helps you know how to best attack your opponents, and where the attacks will be coming from.

Telepathic Relay:
After a figure you control takes a turn, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card, immediately move one other figure you control.

*Would work well with Superman's Heroic Rescue, in order to get engaged figures out of trouble, and set up Superman's defense, as well as have John Stewart carry figures, Aquaman get onto water, or other figures possibly gain height or stay together.

All ideas are welcome.

Last edited by Arkham; September 19th, 2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old September 19th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Telepathic Relay:
After a figure you control takes a turn, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card, immediately move one other figure you control.

*Would work well with Superman's Heroic Rescue, in order to get engaged figures out of trouble, and set up Superman's defense, as well as have John Stewart carry figures, Aquaman get onto water, or other figures possibly gain height or stay together.
I like this one best - I'm thinking Mental Focus is a bad idea if this guy's the first one being done.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 19th, 2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Telepathic Relay:

I like this one best - I'm thinking Mental Focus is a bad idea if this guy's the first one being done.
Mental Focus would be best suited for the first one being done. It'll set in stone for the future, the possibility of Martian Manhunter being able to burn a marker instead of his teammate. That's important to consider when we design future powers that use them. Making sure they aren't too strong, but also allowing ones that seem too limited, extra uses. Granted, it won't come in much use until others are designed of coarse, but I still maintain it'd be best done before other powers are created.

As for Telepathic Relay, I'd imagine you're in the minority there, as most feel there's little sense in giving Martian Manhunter II a movement power, when that's what Martian Manhunter I is already offering so well.
Old September 19th, 2015, 05:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Telepathic Relay:

Mental Focus would be best suited for the first one being done. It'll set in stone for the future, the possibility of Martian Manhunter being able to burn a marker instead of his teammate. That's important to consider when we design future powers that use them. Making sure they aren't too strong, but also allowing ones that seem too limited, extra uses. Granted, it won't come in much use until others are designed of coarse, but I still maintain it'd be best done before other powers are created.

As for Telepathic Relay, I'd imagine you're in the minority there, as most feel there's little sense in giving Martian Manhunter II a movement power, when that's what Martian Manhunter I is already offering so well.
I guessing he meant bad for the first figure as in there is no way to test it since there isn't any other figures with Justice League markers yet.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 19th, 2015, 11:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yodaking had an issue with the Marker Burn aspect of it allowing multiple turns to be taken with such big point figures
Kind of like taking turns with Ms. Marvel and Thor? Or Beta Ray Bill and Thor?

I think it's fine. The only thing I don't like so much about that card is that the range on prevention of figure control counts every marker in your army. It seems like that's too far for my taste. I'd rather it only counted the markers on MM2's card. Just my preference.
Old September 20th, 2015, 12:36 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Before this gets to be an issue later. What figure are you planning to use.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old September 20th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Alright, I think initial discussion could be directed at the Telepathic Mind Link power, as it is the bulk of his card. Yodaking had an issue with the Marker Burn aspect of it allowing multiple turns to be taken with such big point figures, so I'd like to explore other options. The power should stick with a Telepathic theme, be useful enough to encourage burning a marker in order to use it, but not too powerful that it drives his cost up too much.
I'm a little confused. Are you talking about completely changing his main power already? I kind of liked what was there. Maybe a little overpowered with his 7 defense and immunity to all non-adjacent powers and attacks, but that is what should be worked out from this process.

If you are just looking for feedback:
Quote:
Mental Focus:
Anytime a figure you control would remove a Justice League Marker from its card, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card instead.

*Would help re-enforce Martian Manhunter as a purely support figure, and could really help benefit other figures with decent Marker Burn powers, extending how much use they can get out of them.
I agree with LO that he would be the first figure with JL markers and therefore cannot be tested properly. Therefore I would say this is a bad choice.

Quote:
Mind Control:
Once per turn, after taking a turn with Martian Manhunter, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card and choose a Unique Hero within 5 spaces of Martian Manhunter, then roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, you may take a turn with the chosen figure. After taking a turn with the chosen figure, you may not take any additional turns with any other figures.

*Would work in tandem with Batman's proposed +3 to D20 rolls by burning a marker, and it'd give Martian Manhunter more reason to be in the fray. It's kept balanced by having a range limit, as well as requiring an 8 or higher, or burn a marker with Batman if you have him as well, which would make it a 5 or higher.
Interesting, might work. I give a maybe.

Quote:
Thought Sensing:
Once per turn, before a figure you control rolls defense dice when defending against a normal attack, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card, and add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

*Helps the weaker figures out, and adds to Batman's MMA, as well as overall botch insurance.
Too weak for a JL marker. Even the Green Lantern markers offer complete defend and usually even for other figures.

Quote:
Mind Scan:
If you win initiative, you may remove one Justice League Marker from this card, immediately view any Order Markers on your opponents' cards.

*Would work well with Superman's initiative boost, and further stack with Captain Marvel's healing based on initiative win, and of course helps you know how to best attack your opponents, and where the attacks will be coming from.
Again too weak. Maybe after looking allowing that player to move one marker?

Quote:
Telepathic Relay:

This one is not too bad. The conditions would have to be just right for me to spend a JL marker, but could be useful.

Again I think what's in the sp is best. At least let it run through a bit and see how it goes before making any drastic changes.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old September 20th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Before this gets to be an issue later. What figure are you planning to use.
I hope its the one listed in the OP, I just ordered it.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old September 20th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, it's still ol' Oreo throne Martian Manhunter. just wanted to make sure.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library