Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 20th, 2015, 09:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond)

The Book of Firestorm

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 14
DAWN OF JUSTICE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Brightest Day set.
Its model number and name are Firestorm #002

Character Bio - High school student Ronnie Raymond and Nobel Prize-winning physicist Martin Stein were caught in a nuclear accident that allowed them to fuse into the "nuclear man" Firestorm. Due to Stein's being unconscious during the accident, Raymond was prominently in command of the Firestorm form with Stein a voice of reason inside his mind, able to offer Raymond advice on how to use their powers without actually having any control over their dual form. Banter between the two was a hallmark of their adventures. Initially Stein was completely ignorant of their dual identity, leaving him concerned about his unusual disappearances and blackouts, but Ronnie was eventually able to convince him of the truth, allowing them to bond as separate individuals rather than as parts of a whole.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Student changed to Champion

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; March 9th, 2021 at 06:45 PM.
Old June 20th, 2015, 09:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Book of Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) (Desgin Phase)

NAME = FIRESTORM
SECRET IDENTITY = RONNIE RAYMOND

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = LAZY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 330

MATRIX INSTABILITY
Firestorm has the secret identity of Martin Stein, the class of Scientist, and the personality of Brilliant in addition to what is listed on this card. Before taking a turn with Firestorm, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, Firestorm cannot use his Firestorm Matrix special power this turn. If you roll 16 or higher, roll 1 additional combat die if Firestorm uses his Firestorm Matrix special power this turn.

FIRESTORM MATRIX 4
Instead of taking a turn with Firestorm, you may roll 4 combat dice. After rolling, choose one of the following:
- For each shield rolled, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
- For each shield rolled, choose a figure or Destructible Object within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm and place 1 Wound Marker on that figure's card.
- If two or more shields were rolled, choose an equipment glyph that is within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm or that is equipped by a figure within 4 clear sights spaces of Firestorm. Destroy the chosen glyph.

LAVA RESISTANT
Firestorm never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

FLYING

Original
Spoiler Alert!

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 04:03 PM.
Old June 20th, 2015, 09:51 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What I rather like about this card is if you roll right. You get choices with the Matrix, much like some of my favorite cars in Magic where you choose from "two of four" on the card.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm not familiar with the character outside of what we saw on Flash this season, so how does the Firestorm Matrix work? Rapid healing, repairing or destroying androids or DO's, and destroying glyphs (the cosmic cube/infinity gauntlet destroyed?) seems like a lot of different stuff with potentially really powerful results.
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Honestly I think this is pretty much perfect to start with. The exact numbers (and exact powers on Firestorm Matrix) may need tweaking as he goes into testing, but I think we're in a good place here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm not familiar with the character outside of what we saw on Flash this season, so how does the Firestorm Matrix work? Rapid healing, repairing or destroying androids or DO's, and destroying glyphs (the cosmic cube/infinity gauntlet destroyed?) seems like a lot of different stuff with potentially really powerful results.
Firestorm's core power is rearranging atoms and subatomic particles. So crazy powerful and really flexible are totally appropriate.
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the info Johnny!

I was looking at Grish cards the other day and really appreciated the way he incorporates a figures weakness, I think it is one thing C3G has not represented all that well and I'd like to make some effort to change that in future designs.

With Martian Manhunter having the Fire Weakness power and it looks like the Firestorm Matrix has some kind of anti-Android aspects to it, Firestorm should be a natural counter draft to him. I'd like to work somewhere into the Firestorm design a power that lets him do extra damage to figures with the Fire Weakness special power. Or maybe have any figures with the Fire Weakness special power adj. to Firestorm takes a wound.
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

This is what comicvine says about his powers

BTW this guy should have the species of Fire Elemental instead of Metahuman

Quote:
Molecular Manipulation: Firestorm has the ability to rearrange the atomic and subatomic structure of inorganic matter, rearranging subatomic particles to create objects of different atomic characteristics of equal mass. He can not only change and transmute the atomic composition of an object (e.g., transmuting lead into gold of equal mass) but he can also change its shape. He cannot, however, affect organic matter without painful, even lethal, feedback. This organic limitation does not extend to his person as he can change himself at will, allowing him to regenerate lost and damaged tissue, boost his immune system, shapeshift, and survive indefinitely without food, water and air. Much like a Green Lantern's limitations, Firestorm can only create items the "driver" of the Firestorm matrix is able to understand the workings of. Unlike a Green Lantern's creations, Firestorm's alterations are permanent unless he reverses them.

Switching Drivers: Following Raymond's resurrection during Brightest Day, Firestorm gained the ability to switch "drivers" between Ronnie and Jason at will.

Flight: Firestorm has also demonstrated the ability to fly at fantastic (but unmeasured) speeds

Intangibility: Raymond can render himself intangible and thereby pass through solid objects harmlessly

Energy Manipulation: to generate destructive and concussive blasts of fusion energy from his hands, to absorb radiation harmlessly

Enhanced Physical Stats: Firestorm has superhuman levels of strength, a healing factor, and resistance to injury.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I worry that such an easy chance to destroy a glyph is way too strong. Certain Red Skull builds are almost entirely built on the Cosmic Cube, destroying the Cosmic Control Rod negates a lot of Annihilus's strength, a lot of Apocalypse's value comes from him drafting two glyphs, it will really hurt Batman (II), etc.. 2/3 of Firestorm Matrix being counters, he'll be amazing against certain armies, and pretty weak against most others.

I really like the general direction though, I just think it needs some tweaking.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The glyph destroying should at least have a range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I don't really see the benefit of MENTAL INSTABILITY outweighing the cost, or the theme break. Firestorm doesn't argue with Professor Stein, and the name seems more fitting on an insane figure, or someone heavily unbalanced.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:38 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I don't really see the benefit of MENTAL INSTABILITY outweighing the cost, or the theme break. Firestorm doesn't argue with Professor Stein, and the name seems more fitting on an insane figure, or someone heavily unbalanced.
Actually you pointed out the reason for this in your previous quote...
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
This is what comicvine says about his powers

BTW this guy should have the species of Fire Elemental instead of Metahuman

Quote:
Firestorm can only create items the "driver" of the Firestorm matrix is able to understand the workings of.
Raymond and Stein do battle for control at times and they do argue over who is the "driver" and Raymond (the comic version is not an engineer but a student) doesn't have the grasp of Physics that Stein does therefore he struggles with the manipulation at times...whereas when Stein manages to have a greater influence he actually gets the boost of an extra die in the Matrix power.

Old June 20th, 2015, 11:39 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Thanks for the info Johnny!

I was looking at Grish cards the other day and really appreciated the way he incorporates a figures weakness, I think it is one thing C3G has not represented all that well and I'd like to make some effort to change that in future designs.

With Martian Manhunter having the Fire Weakness power and it looks like the Firestorm Matrix has some kind of anti-Android aspects to it, Firestorm should be a natural counter draft to him. I'd like to work somewhere into the Firestorm design a power that lets him do extra damage to figures with the Fire Weakness special power. Or maybe have any figures with the Fire Weakness special power adj. to Firestorm takes a wound.
Honestly YK the fire thing is more from the Flash show and he's more manipulating atoms and changing things into other things.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library