Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 04:22 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Detective Chimp

The Book of Detective Chimp

C3G DC WAVE 33
BATMAN FOREVER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC 75th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #024 / Detective Chimp.

Character Bio - Originally a normal chimpanzee taken from Africa and raised as a circus act by Fred Thorpe, "Bobo the Detective Chimp" was transformed when he was exposed to the Fountain of Youth. After his master's death, he struck out on his own as a detective, and has since met other famous detectives such as John Jones, Ralph Dibny and Batman. Detective Chimp has a history with alcohol and tobacco. He has also been a member of the Justice League Dark. - DC Wiki

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:49 PM. Reason: png

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Detective Chimp (Breathing)

NAME = DETECTIVE CHIMP
SECRET IDENTITY = BOBO T. CHIMPANZEE

SPECIES = SIMIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INVESTIGATOR
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 140

DRUNKEN DETECTIVE
At the start of the round, after Order Markers are placed and before rolling for initiative, you may view an unrevealed Order Marker on an opponent's Army Card. For the entire round, if you viewed:
• Order Marker 1, figures you control add 1 to their Defense number.
• Order Marker 2, after taking a turn with a figure you control, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on an Army Card you control to take an immediate turn with any other figure you control. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
• Order Marker 3, figures you control add 1 to their Attack number when attacking a figure with Order Marker 3 on its card.
• an "X" Order Marker, Detective Chimp may not move, attack, or use his Ape Escape special power.

APE ESCAPE 12
If Detective Chimp is attacked by an opponent's figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, Detective Chimp takes no damage and you may immediately place Detective Chimp on an empty space within 3 spaces of his current placement that is no more than 12 levels above his base and is not adjacent to an enemy figure. Detective Chimp will not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Ape Escape.

Last edited by Arkham; January 28th, 2021 at 10:06 AM.

Comic:

Figure:

Background:

Last edited by Arkham; March 24th, 2020 at 02:32 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 04:44 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:19 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Very interesting! First note - I'd probably want the d20 roll and the height number in Ape Escape to match. I think 12 spaces high is reasonable for him and it makes it all a bit simpler to remember.

For the meat and potatoes here - really fun, and I'm glad he plugs into the Investigator faction, which I'm hoping can pin down a "looking at Order Markers" theme, on the DC side at least. I like that with Elongated Man, you can choose to use his power first, clear the X off of an opponent's card, and see what other markers are there.

I would like him to work a bit better with Question, though. Currently it's unclear if you need to reveal the OM that you view, but those powers sort of imply it - if it's not revealed, how do you know it's active? I think making it a "view" power and making the powers only work with that opponent, who can "corroborate" what the OM is without officially "revealing" it for a multiplayer game, would make sense.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:32 AM

Im not sure reveal is the best term to use there, as I believe view is what we usually go with. Can you take a turn with a numbered Order Marker that’s been revealed prior? Seems odd.

He should work fine with Question though. It’s only going to increase his chances of finding what best benefits him come his turn, while also providing a potential bonus to him throughout the round.

I’m going to change Chimp’s OM2 verbiage to be a removal of the X OM on any army card you control to activate the turn, rather than revealing it on his card, to allow for a more cohesive synergy with Elongated Man.

D20 plays into Batman and Constantine. So all of his synergy pairings should be accounted for. I’ll update the numbers to match.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:52 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Ooh, this is really fun. My only question was the reveal/view thing which Johnny brought up.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 10:28 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I've always understood there to be a few states for OMs:

1) Placed and hidden
2) Placed and revealed
3) Activated
4) Removed

You reveal an OM before using it (i.e. taking the turn and laying it face-up on the card that's taking a turn), but the revealing isn't necessarily part of the turn-taking part. Once it's revealed, though, I don't think you can re-reveal it.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 10:36 AM

My confusion lies in that most times a power that lets you look at an OM, is simply stating you view it, rather than reveal it, unless I’m mistaken. Is that the case? The verbiage on Question sticks out as odd to me.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 10:48 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

My gut understanding is that "view" means just that - you look at an OM, you now know what's on that OM. That's the beginning and end of it. "Reveal" is something that happens when information needs to be verified publicly. I view an Order Marker, if it's an X, I get a bonus - that has to be revealed. Otherwise, how will the other players know I'm telling the truth?

That gut understanding probably comes from Magic the Gathering, which does something similar with cards that aren't public knowledge. If that card's specifics are irrelevant, it stays hidden. If they are relevant, it's revealed.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 11:01 AM

Gotcha. The reason I'm a bit confused on that, is that it seems that's not been established with 2/3 prior powers that relate to looking at an unrevealed Order Marker then having a bonus granted based on what it was. So it's probably something we need to figure out for clarity sake, and to determine how these guys interact with one another.

Quote:
POUND THE PAVEMENT
After attacking an opponent's figure with Jessica, you may choose an unrevealed Order Marker on any Army Card that opponent controls. That opponent must then allow you to view the chosen Order Marker. Once per round, if you view an "X" Order Marker, you may add 1 to the Attack and Defense numbers of all figures you control for the remainder of the round.
Quote:
SUPER SLEUTH
At the start of each round, after placing Order Markers but before rolling for initiative, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card to choose an unrevealed Order Marker on an opponent’s card and look at it. If it is an “X” Order Marker, you may immediately look at all other Order Markers on the chosen opponent’s cards, and when rolling for initiative this round, add 10 to your roll. If it is a numbered Order Marker, add the number on that Order Marker to your initiative roll.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 11:10 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Fair point - I guess my gut instinct doesn't quite matchup with what we're actually doing. I'll wait for some others to chime in with how they're understanding it and we can chart a course from there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library