Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old July 15th, 2020, 02:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

@OrcElfArmyOne needs the Attack Outcomes spreadsheet in my signature
Old July 15th, 2020, 03:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
@OrcElfArmyOne needs the Attack Outcomes spreadsheet in my signature
Lol, I forgot this is the one I reveal my embarrassing secret on how I figured out the probability of X number of skulls on Y dice...
Old July 15th, 2020, 03:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think vegie has an app for android too, although I've never used it.
Old July 15th, 2020, 06:05 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Every time I get into a math talk while casting a game I think "man, I need to have superfrog's sheet bookmarked." Finally, such is the case.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 16th, 2020, 05:20 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Slowly making my way through the latest video via lunch breaks and such.

Way to be a nerd @dok .

@OrcElfArmyOne brought up a great point about maps and size 2 figures - it's something map makers need to be more careful about (myself included).

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 16th, 2020, 05:51 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
@OrcElfArmyOne brought up a great point about maps and size 2 figures - it's something map makers need to be more careful about (myself included).
Double spaced melee walking figures are another category that (some!) map makers fail to properly account for.
Old July 16th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Way to be a nerd @dok .

Well, it’s just really hard to visualize how Spiders interact with a map. I’m not sure there are right and wrong answers involving them. For example, I’m not sure how else you build Fulcrum and Highways and Dieways. They’re good maps, despite the Spider problem. It’s really weird, and it almost never matters, but it’s huge when it does.
Old July 16th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Double spaced melee walking figures are another category that (some!) map makers fail to properly account for.
Oh absolutely - and not just in terms of making movement too clunky and awkward for them or forcing them to take awful positions to try and gain higher ground, but also watching out for double base denial situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:

Way to be a nerd @dok .

Well, it’s just really hard to visualize how Spiders interact with a map. I’m not sure there are right and wrong answers involving them. For example, I’m not sure how else you build Fulcrum and Highways and Dieways. They’re good maps, despite the Spider problem. It’s really weird, and it almost never matters, but it’s huge when it does.
For sure. But I'm glad you brought it up because from what I can tell, it's something that hasn't been emphasized very much (at least recently that I know of). There's the Queen Bee unit in C3V playtesting right now that I think will increase the power level of other small insects too - probably to the point that they might see the table more often (which I think is a good thing just in case anybody cared). So it's something we need to watch out for more.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 17th, 2020, 08:45 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The Spider problem gets a lot lot worse in VC because Quahon gives them a ranged bonding option. Without a ranged bonding option they can sit in places in which they can't be attacked, but it doesn't really matter since they can't attack either. There's certainly some small plays to make abusing their 2 height but it doesn't make the game nearly as frustrating essentially building an untouchable wall with Spiders for Quahon to shoot behind is.

I believe Highways and Dieways at least came out before Spiders even existed. So it honestly may just be a same level lava situation, where the boards are unbalanced for the particular figures but it's so niche that it seems not worth it to throw out all boards where this happens.
Old July 22nd, 2020, 10:32 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

It's the climactic finals of Online Heroscape Season 36 with a Heat of Battle game between @AgentWard and @mtl1998 !! Both players had incredible showings during the tournament and made their way to the final game! Fun fact: no matter who wins this game, either player will be a first-time Online Heroscape Champion! @Tiamat joins, lending experience from his own gameplay during the tournament to the commentary as we watch the awesome finish to the 36th season of Online Heroscape competitive play! (There's some static audio on my end during the cast, which I apologize for. I'm looking into the cause and working the microphone to avoid that in the future.)

Also since we talk about it in the cast, I'll throw another plug for the scheduling sheet here. Make sure to sign up for the coming weeks if you're interested, especially with the OnCon games coming soon!

Also also, there will be a Saturday upload this weekend! I won't be around to post about it here in the thread, so keep an eye on YouTube Saturday morning. There's a lot of hype for OnCon in it so I'll be fast-tracking it to have it out before the festivities begin!

Also also also, I believe that a grand majority of the viewers are aware of the online scene, but if you're happening along and don't know what the Online Convention is, be sure to check it out here. Simply put, it's online GenCon style games that are accessible to anyone and everyone, so be sure to join if you're interested in taking your Heroscape games to the next level!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 22nd, 2020, 05:51 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

That Nilfheim move onto the level 3s towards the end was a big yikes. I remember being scared of the lava, but today I was kicking myself watching the game. It just goes to show how random effects of the game can influence your decision making later. It's easy to get too aggressive and too risky when your attack dice have been hot all game. The lava was rolling well and I let that get in my head embarrassingly too much.

As for the Vark's blade defense, I'm pretty sure it only came up twice and neither time an extra defense would have effected the outcome. (The first time Nilf rolled 3/4 and the Vark rolled 1/3. The second time the Vark defended even without the blade defense.)

Watching the game back over I thought it was impressive how much AgentWard got done. I felt really confident in Nilf's ability to get 3 attacks of 4 without taking any attacks himself. I didn't realize other people had also underestimated the Blade Dancers. They were very effective and maybe if Raelin could have survived longer more of them would have been alive to get to Nilfheim.
Old July 27th, 2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
That Nilfheim move onto the level 3s towards the end was a big yikes. I remember being scared of the lava, but today I was kicking myself watching the game. It just goes to show how random effects of the game can influence your decision making later. It's easy to get too aggressive and too risky when your attack dice have been hot all game. The lava was rolling well and I let that get in my head embarrassingly too much.
Yeah I think that's understandable. I've found it pretty crazy how different things can feel when you're playing a game vs watching it. I know going back over games I've played I've had a lot of moments I kick myself about.

Quote:
As for the Vark's blade defense, I'm pretty sure it only came up twice and neither time an extra defense would have effected the outcome. (The first time Nilf rolled 3/4 and the Vark rolled 1/3. The second time the Vark defended even without the blade defense.)
Okay, those were the only two I was aware of, so I think that's correct. You were doing a good job of targeting unengaged Varks so it was minimal.

Quote:
Watching the game back over I thought it was impressive how much AgentWard got done. I felt really confident in Nilf's ability to get 3 attacks of 4 without taking any attacks himself. I didn't realize other people had also underestimated the Blade Dancers. They were very effective and maybe if Raelin could have survived longer more of them would have been alive to get to Nilfheim.
I agree, AgentWard did a really good job fighting such an uphill battle (literally). 4 attack with the Blade Dancers is good enough that, as we saw, if they were able to get more sustained attacks against Nilf things could have changed a lot, which would have been easier if the early Raelin kill didn't happen. Still tough with Nilf being able to jump sides so easily, meaning Varks would basically have to take both hills, but not impossible for sure. You both played an excellent game!!

---

Tagging this on because I was gone over the weekend: there was a Saturday upload with a really cool game from OnCon 4x400 between @Cleon and @Chris Perkins , with @OrcElfArmyOne co-casting (in the spoiler to save space). With how many games I expect to be getting from OnCon, there will probably be a pretty decent amount of Saturday uploads over the next little while, though they'll admittedly be inconsistent, depending entirely on how much time I have that week to edit/upload an extra video. I'm definitely looking forward to catching/watching/casting the games! It's going to be a great little while for content for the channel!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports