Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 2nd, 2018, 07:20 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
@The Dewk

I've been asked to turn over the editing duties of the FP to BiggaBullfrog. Not that I don't trust him but if you could confirm to make it official.
Confirmed! Please give @BiggaBullfrog control.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 07:55 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Done...have fun.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:45 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know I'm a little late, but if anyone had any thoughts on Marshall Law, I'd love to hear them. Thank you again for choosing it. I hope it played well.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 12:48 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Torin Brokenshield! View Post
I can make it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I’ll be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uklabokalala View Post
I should be able to make it
Sweet sweet, this will be awesomesauce! Keep those RSVPs coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@BiggaBullfrog Why the 9 figure limit? Traditional is 24 hex so why not a 12 space limit per team? I like the rest of the details. Sounds fun. Also with revolving team mates how do you know who is top dog? Looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with. My bro had so much fun last time he probs be there again with me. I could also drop off the bowl prize to you for the ARV contest down there if I come down. I also printed out a successful zetacron for the table if I come down. Still needs paint though. Let me know on them details.
Awesome, I'm stoked to have you and your bro there, especially since I missed you last time! Random teams is one of my favorite formats. It gets super wild; I'm sure you'll love it!

For the top dog spot, we'll keep track of wins/losses like normal. Last time we were able to have the top two undefeated players go against each other with random teammates, and it should work out again. The Dewk was running matchups, so we'll be asking him how it's done for sure so we have solid rankings.

The short answer for the figure limit is to keep game time shorter so they go to time less.

The longer answer/explanation (since I'm sure others have this question too) is that team games take longer than normal games in general. In the past we've done 12 figures per team, and we've had more games than usual go to time (just under half of mine have). Since I've seen a lot of tournament directors (including GenCon ones) state that figure limit has a larger influence on game length than point value, we're going to try the lower army size to keep the games shorter. To help compensate for that we'll have the higher point value (usually 300, up to 350), creating a (hopefully) fun dynamic so players can go wild in a slugfest. I've done a ton of theoryscape army building for this to make sure it felt right (I've had this one in mind for months), and it's been some of the most fun I've had creating armies. Powerful squad builds aren't impossible by any stretch. Of course, swarmies aren't as viable, but that was true for 12 figure limits too.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 3rd, 2018, 01:01 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@BiggaBullfrog , I'll get with my brothers and see who all can come.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 8th, 2018, 01:55 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Practiced this month's format the other night, playing on Mergaine's Redoubt. Had some really competitive armies going at it:

Greenscales x2, Braxas
4th Mass x2, Charos
VS
Armoc Vipers x3, Azurite Warlord
Cyprien, Sonya, Syvarris, Marro Warriors

It was an extremely close game, but I took it in the end with 'ol Cyprien. But if it had been scored by points destroyed, holy cow - the Azurite Warlord is a beast!

EDIT: Oh, we allowed the Vipers player to use all 10 figures, even though the format for this month is a 9 figure limit. She would've dropped one had we been playing at the monthly!
Old August 9th, 2018, 01:36 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Practiced this month's format the other night, playing on Mergaine's Redoubt. Had some really competitive armies going at it:

Greenscales x2, Braxas
4th Mass x2, Charos
VS
Armoc Vipers x3, Azurite Warlord
Cyprien, Sonya, Syvarris, Marro Warriors

It was an extremely close game, but I took it in the end with 'ol Cyprien. But if it had been scored by points destroyed, holy cow - the Azurite Warlord is a beast!

EDIT: Oh, we allowed the Vipers player to use all 10 figures, even though the format for this month is a 9 figure limit. She would've dropped one had we been playing at the monthly!
Awesome, I love seeing these tourney prep armies and what's going through peoples' heads! As I think you've found, I'm feeling that dragons are going to be strong this tourney. I actually ran that same Armoc/Azurite Warlord army as I was testing a map for the event. The lineup was:

Armoc Vipers x3, Azurite Warlord (drop 1 Armoc)
Hoplitrons x4, Major J15, Airborne Elite
VS
Roman Legionnaires x2, Arashara Goshiri, Me-Burq-Sa (drop 1 Roman)
Varkaanan Greyspears, Bahadur, Rhogar Dragonspine

The Azurite Warlord was shaping up to dominate this game too by finishing off Bahadur with 3 wounds in a single attack and being poised for more action, but then Arashara switched him onto low ground and she and a couple Romans beat him into submission. Instead the Hoplitrons ended up being the MVPs by having enough defense to survive longer than everything else.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 11th, 2018, 12:07 PM

Starling_ Woo who?

I'll be there this month. I'm not sure about my dad though. I have to ask him when he gets home.
Old August 11th, 2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling_ View Post
I'll be there this month. I'm not sure about my dad though. I have to ask him when he gets home.
Sweet, looking forward to seeing you and hopefully your dad!

As an announcement: We have confirmed the location for this month to be at Demolition Games (85 West 3300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84115). Some of you will remember it as the same place we played the horde tournament at last year. We'll be playing up in the loft area, not the main floor, so be sure to go up the stairs to find the group.

And a second announcement! The loaner armies have been decided and put into the OP. Maps to be announced sometime next week.

Keep those RSVPs coming! This is a format you're not going to want to miss!

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 12th, 2018, 03:35 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Me and my bros wont be making this one.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 13th, 2018, 04:34 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Me and my bros wont be making this one.
You will be missed. It's always great to play with you, and your bros. I hope we'll see you again sometime.
Old August 15th, 2018, 03:28 PM

Saints_Wrath is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'll be there!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events