Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Notices

Old August 17th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Conefed's D&D Customs - Now with Pictures

Tavern Brawler definitely needs work. Especially with Drow Chainfighter upping the power level on 25 pt figures. Currently he just isn't worth the trouble.

Spellscale upped from 50pts to 60pts

And I will muse over the Warden
I really liked the Warden, it was my first favorite. But as with any good custom, the designer must bend to changes.

I like the +2 Bonus / Attack 2, Range 6 / Range 6 relation
For now I will power it down significantly and give one static +2.

Now to figure out the wording,
What I want:
Figures within range get Counter Strike
If the figure already has Counter Strike, it gets +2 Defense once, regardless of how many Wardens are within range.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; August 17th, 2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:42 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

Briar Aura
All figures who follow Ullar that you control that are within 6 clear site spaces of a Warden of the Wood receive the Counter Strike ability. If a figure already has counter strike they roll 2 additional defense dice. Figures can only be affected by no more then 2 Briar Auras and only get one defense bonus. Warden of the Wood can not be affected by thier own Aura.

EDIT to include being able to benefit from 2 auras

Last edited by wolfeman1968; August 17th, 2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:34 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Close; I want one Warden to grant CS and the second+ to grant Defense.

Playing around with it, I might allow them all to stack but have the bonus only be +1.
270pts for +3 Defense or +2+CS isn't OP
even 5x for a 500pt army creates little more than a Deathwalker.
Question then is: At +1, is the card good enough to draft?
Is +2 once more fun? If there were 3 or more, it would be easier positioning them. Yes, this is the way I like it - Like herdsmen. The unlimited stacking is a Jandar thing.

Does this work?
BRIAR AURA
All figures who follow Ullar that you control within 6 clear sight spaces of this Warden of the Wood have the Counter Strike special power. If a figure already has Counter Strike, add 2 to its defense dice.This Warden of the Wood's Briar Aura never adds more than 2 additional defense dice and does not affect this Warden of the Wood.

Last edited by Confred; August 17th, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:55 PM

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Confred; January 9th, 2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:49 AM

Spoiler Alert!

The Rejected By Death seemed awesome on an undead, even though it never went off. I feel That these guys work best in masses and muck up the ground, buying time for more to respawn.
Points drop from 100 to 80

Last edited by Confred; January 9th, 2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Confred; January 9th, 2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:06 AM

Kobold Zombie: I am not a fan of this one. Spoilered is the card and its discussion.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Confred; January 9th, 2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old January 9th, 2014, 10:16 PM

Mice & Mystics!

Mice & Mystics!: I've been daydreaming on and off on this conversion since I discovered the product. After a night and day, here are the results:
Heroscape's smallest heroes: Mice!
Challenge: 5pt, Life 1 heroes
1st draft
SIZE ERROR: The uploaded figures all actually have +1 height to what is shown on their cards. Mice 3; Rats 4; Centipede 4
ART: I have pictures but haven't yet converted them to hit zones.

Nez

Buff; Nez is the tinkerer that fashions the misc into usable weaponry and hones the already usable. Attack 3 Defense 0 called to me.
Lily

Glyph and item grabber, her offensive power was toned downward to make room for Maginos
Maginos

Ranged Attacker; enhanced by height, items, and Nez, Maginos is a key player.
Filch

Best Attacker; give him weapons and let him go. Keep him adjacent to Nez for greater punishment.
Tilda

Support; Interesting designing a healer for a 1Life hero squad. Once I had Draw Power in place with Maginos, a defensive version fell suit. I dislike that it doesn't assist against things like web, cyber claw, poisons, and curses - but what can you do? Considering allowing her to reroll blanks because she feels sorry or empathetic for their failings. Rerolling blanks is better, so the worse option is typically better to keep points down.
Collin

The Leader that keeps the team going.

Scramble and Scatter were too tempting to pass up. I love paying homage.
Scramble evolved from Scatter moving 2 figures when obviously a hero is only 1. Now any 2 things with the ability can be moved, not just any 2 with the same name. Disengage comes from all the heroes having only 1 Life. I toyed with "Stealth Scatter", but scatter doesn't allow anything with scatter - just things of the same name.

"Noble" is a placeholder personality because I haven't actually played the game and don't know the figure's personalities.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Confred; January 9th, 2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old January 9th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Confred's D&D Customs - Now with Pictures

I really like your spellscale sorcerer. I haven't played Mice and Mystics so I really can't comment on your latest creations.

Old January 11th, 2014, 09:27 PM

Re: Confred's RPG Customs - Mice & Mystics

Mice don't scurry because they're cowards; they do so because they're squishy!

After half a dozen games in round 1 of testing, I can say the games are tense. It's like Russian Roulette - you can die at any time.

Lily was the main figure being tested
Explorer felt good with her moving all those spaces. A strike range of 13 didn't feel intended however. Added a clause, ala {Tracking}, that stops her from being able to attack if she explores:
EXPLORER
After Lily moves, if she is not engaged, she may move again. If she does, she cannot attack this turn.

Collin
Just as I preferred {Lessons Learned} over the existing {Disarm Traps}, {Mouse Hero Bonding} felt off. I don't like the idea of Collin hiding away to minimize OM loss, or of guaranteeing him to be the one that carries the markers. I wanted to utilize the phrase {Born To Lead} as a power, comparable but different - hopefully more flavorful:
BORN TO LEAD
After revealing a numbered order marker from Collin and before taking that turn, you may take a turn with any hero you control that is adjacent to Collin.

I got the tingles thinking of Collin using his natural talents leading nonmice throughout Valhalla.

So far, the strategy is to explore Lily out to fetch glyphs, treasures even better. She's fast and she disarms pesky traps.
Will add Nez or Filch soon to the mix to see how it goes.

Old January 12th, 2014, 11:08 PM

After PLAY TEST Round 2 (Collin, Lily, Nez vs Isamu):

{Born To Lead} change was just the touch Collin needed. Lily explored to her glyph but was left stranded without Collin's leadership - which opened up positioning decisions with Nez and Collin.
Collin Approved (version 1.2)
PERSONALITY still pending

The change to {Explorer} also felt correct. She had the opportunity to range attack Isamu after her second move, but after the change she instead was unable to and continued her route to the glyph - to which she easily disarmed with her {Lessons Learned}.
Lily Approved (Version 1.2)
PERSONALITY still pending

Nez didn't get to Tinker, but he did get in some hammertime. After rolling 1's and 2's, the 3 dice felt burly. 0 Defense also felt right. He didn't feel weak, he felt like an aging tough hitting blacksmith armored only with an apron.
ATTACK 3 approved
DEFENSE 0 approved

------
PLAY TEST round 3: Collin + Lily + Nez + Filch (20pts) vs Marcu (20pts)
Collin: Multiple times I wanted to do Collin's actions first and then lead. His 1 Defense keeps his impressive 2 Attack in check.
Lily: Key player in grabbing glyphs. 1st om on Collin and then 2nd on her for the return.
Nez: Once Collin put on his Treasure Glyph Of +1 Defense, he became Attack 3 and Defense 3 - an impressive figure by mice standards. I was beginning to think it too much when Marcu flies in and easily rends Nez. 0 Defense + relevant close quarters power = balancing sauce.
Filch: I like how Filch is essentially unimpressive until he gets a weapon in his paw. In a lulworthy turn, Marcu's Hatred forces him to drop his own Treasure Glyph and run away. Filch, with his impressive Move 6 was able to scurry in and pick up the treasure with his Prehensile Tail and scurry back to where Marcu landed to attack him and again.
Winners: Mice with 1 dead Nez; vs Marcu with 6 wounds.
----
PLAY TEST round 4; Collin-Tilda-Filch-Lily-Maginos{25pts} vs Drow Chainfighter{25pts}
Chainfighter is a beast for his Points and on the Sorocco map is particularly nasty.
Maginos: His attack potential was apparent. Chainfighter Hid however and then Maginos was answered in full. Maginos is slow and squishy, attack potential considered balanced for now.
Draw Power: Do I need to clarify that the defending figure rolls defense only once?
Tilda: Like Maginos, I suspect her boost to be considerable. She however is not affected by her own boost and was taken down easily before contributing in anyway.
Collin: I'm fine with the Lead figure to take its turn before Collin - This order helps somewhat with glyph dropoffs. However, the reverse should be tested.
Filch Had a Treasure, so could attack twice, but the attacks were still just for 1 each.
Lily: In all these battles, I forgot to Scramble - until this one at the end. Scrambling revealed itself to not just be for keeping the group together, but for additional moves towards the next glyph.
Scramble isn't intended to trigger Explorer and I'm not convinced it does, but if it causes confusion I'll figure a way to denote it.
Nez: I assume he doesn't trigger Scramble since he doesn't roll dice for defense. EDIT: He does trigger Scramble - and I'm ok with it.

Last edited by Confred; February 22nd, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:56 AM

Teaser Submission:

I've been working on 50 and counting Treasure Glyphs, 25 and counting Power Glyphs, and a dozen or so figures related to Mice & Mystics.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs