Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 13th, 2018, 07:23 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Psimon

The Book of Psimon

C3G DC WAVE 31
YEAR OF THE VILLAIN

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Teen Titans DC set.
Its model number and name are #052 / Psimon.

Character Bio - Physicist Simon Jones was working on experiments in contacting other dimensions when he was contacted in turn by the demon Trigon the Terrible, the father of the superhero Teen Titan known as Raven. Trigon used his abilities to transform Jones into a powerful psychic with telepathic and telekinetic powers, and gave him the mission to destroy the Earth. Finding an ad by the psychopathic supervillain Doctor Light in the Underworld Star, a criminal underground paper, Jones, now calling himself Psimon, joined Light’s new group, the Fearsome Five. Psimon usurped Light’s role as the team’s leader during their first battle against the Teen Titans, in which he telepathically planted the suggestion in their minds to kill the Justice League. The plan failed, however, and the Five were defeated

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Psimon gets a bonus to his 20-sided die roll when he uses his Psimon Says special power against Fearsome Unique Heroes.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:38 PM. Reason: png
Old August 13th, 2018, 07:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Psimon (Breathing)

NAME = PSIMON
SECRET IDENTITY = SIMON JONES

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = FEARSOME

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 230

PSIMON SAYS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Psimon, you may choose either up to 2 Unique Heroes you control or 1 opponent's Unique Hero. Chosen Heroes must be within 5 clear sight spaces of Psimon. Roll the 20-sided die once for each chosen Hero, adding 6 to your roll if that Hero has the Fearsome personality. If you roll 14 or higher, take temporary control of that Hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before Psimon Says.

MENTAL DOMINANCE
When Psimon is attacked normally by an enemy figure within 5 clear sight spaces, the attacking figure rolls 1 fewer attack die for each unrevealed Order Marker on this card. Telepaths and figures with the Mental Shield special power are not affected by Mental Dominance.

MENTAL SHIELD
An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Psimon.

SUPER STRENGTH

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; October 31st, 2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old August 13th, 2018, 07:24 PM
A Man of Taste

Art

Comic
Spoiler Alert!

Mini
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by japes; November 22nd, 2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old August 13th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's weird that his normal attack, Psimon Says, and Mental Dominance don't all have the same range. I'd boost the normal attack and Psimon Says both to a range of 5 to match Mental Dominance (especially because I think there'll still be plenty of doubts about him coming in at 230 points).

I'd also consider bumping his Defense and maybe Attack to 5 or, better, opening up Mental Dominance to when that figure rolls attack or defense dice against Psimon.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 13th, 2018, 09:10 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It's weird that his normal attack, Psimon Says, and Mental Dominance don't all have the same range. I'd boost the normal attack and Psimon Says both to a range of 5 to match Mental Dominance (especially because I think there'll still be plenty of doubts about him coming in at 230 points).

I'd also consider bumping his Defense and maybe Attack to 5 or, better, opening up Mental Dominance to when that figure rolls attack or defense dice against Psimon.
I believe the 4 Range was probably an error.

I do like the idea of allowing Mental Dominance to work on attacks as well. I'd rather not mess with his attack and defense numbers yet since he's going to be able to drop the enemies attack and defense against with MD. As long as he's over 200 and under 240 I'm pretty happy. I don't need a powerhouse here.

Old August 13th, 2018, 09:22 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think upping his normal range and the range of all the powers to 5 and letting Mental Dominance work on his attacks as well should get you close.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 13th, 2018, 10:03 PM
A Man of Taste

@dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer

Looking at what's in the SP plus upping all the ranges to 5 and having Mental Dominance work for both attack and Defense. Any thoughts.

His Fearsome teamates are all ON DECK
Jinx
Mammoth
Shimmer
Gizmo

Old August 13th, 2018, 11:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

That Psimon Says is works in addition to a legit ranged attack immediately makes him very strong. Obviously Mammoth is the most juicy target, as you hit the bonding 65% of the time and his ~5 die attack isn't bad. The others are just 45% to bond but that's still a total of 2.1 activations per turn, which beats out most bonding builds, obviously. Nebula or Zombie could be backup bonding options, which gets more useful if you start taking a chance and trying to mind control your opponents.

In addition to the other Fearsome heroes, don't sleep on Awesome Android or Meggan as options for bonding. Meggan likes copying Mammoth's power, too.

All in all, looks really strong.
Old August 14th, 2018, 12:37 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Based on dok's comments, might be a better idea to set all the ranges at 4 instead of at 5. I do agree that it would be better if those were consistent. I wouldn't let Mental Dominance cut through defense, though, unless you're dropping his attack to 2-3. Rather just see 4 attack and the simpler current version of Mental Dominance.

Really glad to see this guy under way.
Old August 14th, 2018, 01:09 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm not convinced he's worth 230, the d20 can be fickle on bonding, he only has 4 life & defense, and there are quite a few telepaths & mental shield figures that will be able to counter his defensive power. I'd start testing at the low end of your desired scale and see how he does.
Old August 14th, 2018, 08:55 AM

Definitely mixed views on how good he is, so hard to know how to tweak. Maybe just get all his ranges consistent and then go forward as is. Lots of changes we can keep in our back pockets if needed.

Old August 14th, 2018, 09:22 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Definitely mixed views on how good he is, so hard to know how to tweak. Maybe just get all his ranges consistent and then go forward as is. Lots of changes we can keep in our back pockets if needed.
Yeah, that's been the difficulty here...I think I've got it and someone says he's too strong or too weak...I tweak it and someone else says the opposite. I think I may go with 4 Range and match that in the other powers and also go with +4 for the Fearsome bonus and see if that gets us closer to 2 activation per round. Mammoth has his Achilles though if you can get him engaged and then start smacking around his sister he can take some cheap wounds with LEA's but he is intentionally the best choice for Psimon. Psimon manipulates him throughout his history until Psimon is killed...He's pretty much Psimon's muscle.

I'd be fine with dropping Psimon's attack as well if it's needed as well as the attack portion of Mental Dominance. He mostly uses it to stop someone from attacking him. His offense is typically mind controlling someone with an occasional mental blast sort of thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library