Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old November 12th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
So... is this what it's usually like?

I joined the site at an exciting time.

It was just a month before GenCon and there was a lot of board activity and buzz. Comic Con happened at around the same time, and there were a ton of great pics of upcoming terrain and units. There was even a new Master Set, Wave 7 and Marvel to go out and hunt at the same time. (And for me, 6 other waves to catch up on!)

The news, battle reports, and competitive armies forums were filled with discussions of the GenCon championship, and how the new releases fit into the grander scheme of competitive and casual play, and the financial viability and future of Heroscape as we know it.

There was a brief upswing with National Heroscape day, but now, things have calmed down a bit. It's business as usual.

Is this what it's like most of the time here on Heroscapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: So... is this what it's usually like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I joined the site at an exciting time.

It was just a month before GenCon and there was a lot of board activity and buzz. Comic Con happened at around the same time, and there were a ton of great pics of upcoming terrain and units. There was even a new Master Set, Wave 7 and Marvel to go out and hunt at the same time. (And for me, 6 other waves to catch up on!)

The news, battle reports, and competitive armies forums were filled with discussions of the GenCon championship, and how the new releases fit into the grander scheme of competitive and casual play, and the financial viability and future of Heroscape as we know it.

There was a brief upswing with National Heroscape day, but now, things have calmed down a bit. It's business as usual.

It's always up and down.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:15 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
The delays on new product certainly aren't helping. Just think, we could've been only a couple of weeks away from being able to discuss the new units in wave 8, the effect of the jungle trees on (actual) gameplay, the stats of the new Marvel heroes, etc...

I hope the new stuff is worth the wait when it comes out...
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:27 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
That's pretty much par for the course too. New waves are always being delayed, and yes, they're usually worth the wait...for the most part.
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:37 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
Quote:
That's pretty much par for the course too. New waves are always being delayed, and yes, they're usually worth the wait...for the most part.
Except for Craig's Driveway... that one blew.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:46 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
Quote:
Except for Craig's Driveway... that one blew.
Yeah I don't know why they went with that one. Just how many driveways do you need? Looks silly on the map, too.........

-Ski
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
The four major Heroscape holidays are:

NY Toyfair in February
ComicCon in July
GenCon in August
National Heroscape Day in October

Floating holidays include the release of new sets and new information about releases. For example, one day I was browsing BoardGameGeek and came across pictures of the Volcarren Wasteland. That was a perfect example of a floating holiday,

Otherwise, the major news items are podcasts, the creation of customs/maps builds/strategy guides/books of etc., and the addition of new bios to the official site.

Oh, and any new insights on why Taelord costs so much.

Old November 12th, 2007, 11:32 PM

ricksta2232 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
OH, you haven't seen the results of the Houston Point adjustment tourney... in the battle reports section...
Old November 13th, 2007, 12:00 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
So that Dund had someone to chill with on the sidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 13th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: So... is this what it's usually like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
... but now, things have calmed down a bit. It's business as usual.

Try HeroQuest. It hasn't been in print for 15 years, yet the many websites out there are still highly active. Talisman another game out of print for quite a while has had some major resurgence with the reprinting of version 3 some years ago and the recent release of version 4. The fans of great games remain loyal and discuss the rulres and alternative house rules ad infinitum. Just because there is nothing official right now does not deter my interest in something I enjoy.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:34 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
It actually gives me a chance to catch back up on things....both financially and time wise. You guys are not going to believe this but when new stuff comes out I may spend to much time on the computer :P
Old November 13th, 2007, 06:31 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I haven't been playing heroscape lately, and the CoNs on this forum have been going quiet way too quickly, so I've joined the Menagerie forum. Lots of fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News