Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old April 28th, 2022, 10:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: How do you play ladders?

I would assume that means the figures need to be adjacent, not the figure needs to be adjacent to the space (and, honestly, that the wording got a little sloppy there).

I'd be surprised if you could just be adjacent to the space (which, not even sure how that'd be exactly defined) but not adjacent to the figure on that space and still attack that figure with a range 1 attack.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 28th, 2022, 12:08 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Talking Re: How do you play ladders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I would assume that means the figures need to be adjacent, not the figure needs to be adjacent to the space (and, honestly, that the wording got a little sloppy there).

I'd be surprised if you could just be adjacent to the space (which, not even sure how that'd be exactly defined) but not adjacent to the figure on that space and still attack that figure with a range 1 attack.
I guess I’m saying 2 spaces (not talking figures) that are connected to one another no matter the difference in levels are “adjacent”. This is how you count range or figure out how to move from one space to another. You can’t skip spaces. You have to go from one adjacent space to the next.

The better word in-game is probably just “connected” spaces. “Adjacent” has a similar meaning by pure definition but is already defined in HeroScape differently.

So going back to ladders, they just create invisible tiles that are connected to all 6 spaces around them. This allows you to move the same way in the other 5 directions as you do with the space the ladder is connected to.
Old April 28th, 2022, 12:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sure. But if that's true, getting to skip a level of elevation for free as you do so is ... super weird. So you don't exactly move in the same way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 28th, 2022, 12:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Sure. But if that's true, getting to skip a level of elevation for free as you do so is ... super weird. So you don't exactly move in the same way.
Yeah, I would rule the free level of elevation only applies to the space the ladder is connected to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 28th, 2022, 02:25 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After Van Ness answered in the other thread, I need to change my answers for ladders.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old April 29th, 2022, 01:48 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 29th, 2022, 07:11 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay so based on the discussion the correct answers should be...

A. How much movement does Rygarn need to get to the top level 3 swamp hex? - 2

B. How much movement does Rygarn need to get onto the ladder? - 1

C. How much movement does Rygarn need to get to the landing space of the ladder (the level 1 rock hex)? - 2

D. How much movement does Rygarn need to get to the adjacent level 2 swamp hex? - 1

E. How much movement does Rygarn need to get to the adjacent level 2 rock hex? - 1

F. How much movement does Rygarn need to get to the adjacent level 3 rock hex? - 1

Wow...

I'd never have gotten all of those.

So if Rygarn Temporal Jumps, I'm guessing he can move from the ladder upwards...?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; April 29th, 2022 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Getting a step up in the world.
Old May 1st, 2022, 08:41 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
My answers.
A. 2
B. 1
C. 1
D. 1
E. 1
F. A week ago I would've thought this to be 2 (and that's what I submitted), but @Sherman Davies is right that it is 1.
To be honest, I initially thought the answer to F might be two, but then I caught myself when I realized that if going from the rock space to the ladder rung cost 1 movement, so would the reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Based on CVN's ruling...I believe that means the correct answers are...

A. 2
B. 1
C. 1
D. 1
E. 1
F. 1
Woot, 100%!

Quote:
Simply put:

Ladders create an invisible column of hexes that can be occupied above that ladder's landing space. A figure occupying one of these ladder spaces is on the same space as the landing space (for purposes such as counting range and lateral movement). When on a ladder rung and moving to any adjacent space, a figure may use the top level of the ladder rung they occupy to determine how high they can climb. Similarly, when a figure moves from any adjacent space, that is not on the same level as the landing space, towards a landing space, that figure may instead immediately attach themselves to a rung that touches the level they are on.
This is a pretty good attempt to resolve a lot of these questions with written rules. As this thread shows though, ladders create a lot of situations that can be difficult to clarify with words, which I'm guessing is why the official rules mostly did it with pictures.
Old September 6th, 2022, 07:41 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So essentially if a hex has a ladder on one face you can assume that every face surrounding that hex has a ladder? is that over simplistic?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 6th, 2022, 08:11 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
So essentially if a hex has a ladder on one face you can assume that every face surrounding that hex has a ladder? is that over simplistic?
That's how I envision it!
Old September 6th, 2022, 08:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
That's how I envision it!
That will make it easier. I have a few neighborhood kids that my son plays with that struggle with some things so this will make it easier for me to explain. Thanks.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's