Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 20th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Coop/Solo Rules - Brainstorming

Spinning off a discussion in the Cave and elsewhere. I'm interested in an RPG, but the first thing I want is a system for Coop/Solo play. The biggest hurdle has been the Order Marker placement and play, followed by how to effectively make decisions for special powers on Army Cards.

I believe I've come up with a system that effectively addresses the first issue and at least provides some guidance for the second issue (though I think scenario specific rules will probably be needed to fully guide that one).

Here's what I came up with! Please share thoughts and ideas and feedback if you're interested in this.

Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 20th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Coop/Solo Rules - Brainstorming

Just wanted to link this for reference:
GreyOwl's Superhero Campaigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 20th, 2019, 10:02 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Just wanted to link this for reference:
GreyOwl's Superhero Campaigns
I took a look at that. I didn't see anything about Coop/Solo rules there, though, just leveling.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 20th, 2019, 10:10 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Aren't you looking for a solo campaign system?

Quote:
Old March 20th, 2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Aren't you looking for a solo campaign system?
Eventually, yes. But that's a two part endeavor for me. I want solo/coop rules first and foremost. If I have those, I can move on to the campaign part.

Old March 20th, 2019, 10:19 AM

Got it! So you want something more than what you do for playtesting.

Quote:
Old March 20th, 2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Got it! So you want something more than what you do for playtesting.
Yeah. And a system I could use to draw in my coop-loving friends so I don't have to go head-to-head against them.

And when it's a solid system, I think it could absolutely be used for a campaign system as well. But it doesn't have to be completely tied to a campaign system.

Old March 20th, 2019, 12:03 PM

It looks a bit complicated. This is what I do when solo playtesting:

If it's obvious where OMs should be placed, place them there.

If not, divide the OMs up between the viable choices and draw them blind out of a bag so you don't know which is which.

Quote:
Old March 20th, 2019, 12:07 PM

It's a little bit less for playtesting than for coop/solo scenarios or casual coop play, honestly. For playtesting I'll probably just continue to play both sides to avoid any A.I. stupidity messing up results.

But scenario doesn't necessarily mean RPG style leveling up campaign.

Old March 20th, 2019, 12:07 PM

Yeah, but can't you use the same method for co-op too?

Quote:
Old March 20th, 2019, 12:10 PM

If I'm the one choosing where Order Markers go (which cards, not which numbers) it becomes easy too easy to plan for, IMO.

Old March 20th, 2019, 12:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

For the initiative bonuses, I wouldn't make them all +8 or it won't have much of an impact on the results. Say +2 for each figure hero that figure is engaged with and +1 for each squad figure they are engaged with. So Batman surrounded by 3 street thugs gets +3 to his role, while Black Canary engaged with just Two-Face gets +2. Then unengaged figures with a normal or special ranged attack count the same bonus for each figure in their non-move included range. So Green Arrow in unengaged and has 5 Street Thugs and Two-Face all in range of his bow, so he gets a +7 to his initiative rolls.

Not sure how you determine who Green Arrow would attack though when it's his turn with that many targets available. I believe the Dungeon crawl games AI always have them attack the closest figure, then we rolled the dice to determine who they went after when two or more figures are tied for the closest.

I feel like some cards are going to be difficult to determine what the most effective tactic will be. I sometimes struggle deciding between a normal attack and a special attack or special power. A guy like the Punisher has a lot of options, do I use his normal attack, the Shotgun, or the APR? I think you should try expanding the tactics card for a more random experience. Bad guys plans and tactics don't always need to make sense to you, some are stupid, some are crazy, some are playing a long game that your don't know about at the moment. Have that feeling of not understanding what your foes are up to by randomizing their decisions. Punisher reveals an OM on his card, he is unengaged and the closest figure is in range of all 3 of his powers and he hasn't used the APR yet this round. Roll a d6, 1-2 he uses the Assault Rifle, 3-4 he uses the Shotgun, 5-6 he fires the APR. You roll a 6 and he fires a APR at a Street Thug, seems like a waste but who knows what Castle is thinking. Later that same round, the APR has been used so you roll the D4, 1-2 Assault Rifle, 3-4 Shotgun. Someone like Dr. Fate, who doesn't have just attack options, the randomization could be really fun. He suddenly teleports away because the die told him to do so.

With 800+ cards, you may have to sort out a group of 200 or so 'villain' cards and just figure out what works for them. The Dungeon Crawls usually only have ~10 different types of monsters to plan their tactics around, if the plan is to always have Batman and friends go up against Crime Lords and such, then that might be a little easier to work all the bugs out of.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy