Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 25th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
We have a winner! IslandScape July 10, 2010 - Long Island NY

Hey everyone. Important change to the tournament next weekend. Basically what happened is that the person responsible for running the original 5 round format had a conflict with our July 10th date and had to bow out. That left me in charge with no idea how to run it. So I opted for a single elimination format. Just today the person who was to run the tournament came over and graciously gave me a tutorial in how to do it. Now, and with the aid of Onacara, we are going to go ahead and change this back to a 5 round, Swiss style format. This is the way we've always run IslandScape and I'm glad that I will be able to run it this way again this year.

The Long Island Heroscape League is proud to announce our 4th annual IslandScape 2010!

Come test out your GenCon armies before the Con!

Attending (so far):
1 Grishnakh
2 Son of Grishank
3 Rich10
4 Son of Rich10
5 Onacara
6 Anthony Jr
7 Dylan
8 Bobby
9 krysto2002
10 Sherman Davies
11 Tablewalker
12 Cathy
13 Son of Tablewalker
14 Mogrebla
15 Daughter of Mogrebla
16 Tim Sweeney
17 Andrew Sweeney
18 Joseph Sweeney
19 Patrick Sweeney

Tournament Description

Event Description:
5 round swiss style tournament.

Players will bring order markers, wound markers, dice, cards, and a pre-drafted 510 point Heroscape (no Marvel) army that does not exceed 24 hexes.

The tournament is played in one hour rounds.

At the end of round 3 players will be allowed to add reinforcements to their existing army. Die roll result allows reinforcements of 90pts for a Skull, 110pts for a Shield or 130pts for a Symbol/Blank. Start Zones remain 24 hexes.

After the 5 rounds, the top 2 ranked players play a one game final to determine the winner.

Rules:
All games will be played in one hour rounds. This means that the games will be timed at 45-50 minutes depending on the current needs with regard to staying on time.

If time has to be called, count down notifications will be given and once called, players finish their current marker. I.E. Time is called in the middle of player 1's Marker 2. If player 2 has not played his Marker 2, they would be allowed to finish through that current marker until both players have played their Marker 2.

If time is called on a game players will count their current points on the board using Full Card Scoring as outlined in the rule books.

Games that are tied after applying Full card scoring will be recorded as a tie.

Players are required to bring all the necessary units, cards, dice and markers to play their army.

MS3 Rules will be used as well as any specific clarifications in prior Master set rule sets (I.E. Hive, Flying, Grenade, etc..) and the applicable terrain rule sets. In addition, the Heroscape Advanced FAQ will be used to govern these events.

Some maps may have static glyph locations rather than random. Adjustments and notifications will be made as necessary. All maps will use the following Power Glyph pool.
◦ Glyph of Valda (perm, +2 move)
◦ Glyph of Gerda (perm, +1 defense)
◦ Glyph of Wannok (perm, wound)
◦ Glyph of Dagmar (perm, +8 initiative)
◦ Glyph of Kelda (temp, 1 full Heal)

Game Masters only resolve disputes as they pertain to rules interpretation and their application or with the running of the event. Game Masters will NOT be ruling on LOS.

PLEASE, PLEASE BE EARLY. Showing up right as the tournament starts or after will delay everyone in the event. BE COURTEOUS, BE EARLY!!!

There is still no cost to participate. However we do need everyone's help with the maps. To participate in the tournament you will need to bring with you on game day one of the 10 approved maps. (Note that if you are coming with a friend then we really only need one map between the two of you. If you are coming with 3 or 4 people then we'd need two maps from you.)

If you could pre-build your map(s) it would be great. I know some of you are arriving by train so this will be difficult to do. Just bring the pieces and we'll slap it together that morning. Or let me know in advance and I'll try to help you out on my end.

Here is the current attending list with the map you've promised to build/bring:

Attending/Map:
1 Grishnakh/Rift Valley and Jotun's Gap + the flocked Championship map (to be randomly determined on Friday)
2 Son of Grishank/-
3 Rich10/Fulcrum
4 Son of Rich10/-
5 Onacara
6 Anthony Jr
7 Dylan
8 Bobby
9 krysto2002
10 Sherman Davies/Just Passing Through
11 Tablewalker/Fossil, Elswin Plateau and Midnight Lagoon
12 Cathy
13 Son of Tablewalker
14 Mogrebla/Fissure and Warden
15 Daughter of Mogrebla
16 Tim Sweeney/Invasion
17 Andrew Sweeney
18 Joseph Sweeney
19 Patrick Sweeney

I'd like to still build all 10 GenCon maps and I will fill in whatever maps we still need out of my collection. Please sign up with me for a map as soon as possible. I'll be building the extra maps later this week.

Also, donations for both the prize table and donations of Peanut Butter, Bread, and/or Jelly for the church group that makes sandwiches for the hungry are always welcomed. (You guys really came through on that last year. Thanks!)

Maps are (see Onacara's post on the 2nd page for the maps):

Fulcrum
Fissure
Just Passing Through
Jotun's Gap
Warden
Fossil
Midnight Lagoon
Elswin Plateau
Rift Valley
Invasion

Date: Saturday, July 10th.

Place: The event will be held at the Commack United Methodist Church
486 Townline Road, Commack NY
(This is the same place as last year and is a massive venue. Therefore we can easily hold as many players as can make it.)

Time: The tournament will run from 11am to 6pm (same as last year). We'll start setting up around 10:00. The games will start promptly at 11:00.

Format: Games will be exactly 1 hour in length. Full points (squads included) will determine the winner of non-completed games.

As with last year, people wishing to take the LIRR to Northport or Deer Park station will be happily ferried to and from the train. The location is easily accessible from the LI Expressway via the Sunken Meadow Parkway.

Please post and let us know if you are planning to attend and how many people you plan on bringing. If you need to cancel let me know as well.

This promises to be another great event. All of us here in the Long Island Heroscape League are looking forward to another great day of gaming and friendship! See you in July!

Last edited by Grishnakh; July 10th, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:03 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: IslandScape 2010 - Long Island NY

Anything new on this? I should be able to attend.
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:50 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

I would be interested in Joining in a tournament. I know it's a 2 1/2 hr drive to Li. But I'm looking to Play with other people outside of my local group. So if this is still on I would be interested in knowing a little more about it.....

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

We're still working on getting a site. We have one but it's a bit small (would accommodate 20 to 25 people). The place we used last year would easily hold triple that amount but, at the moment, we've been unable to secure it.
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:38 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Do I have to show up this year or can you just mail me my second place trophy?

Onacara...always a bridesmaid in Long Island
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:19 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post

Hee hee. This will be our 4th year of Islandscape (!), and I can attest that you don't ALWAYS get 2nd place. I got it the first year we held it.

I've got preliminary approval for the 10th of July at the same place we had it last year, which is a massive venue, so we can easily hold as many as would like to come. I expect that at this point July 10th is the definite date, and barring some massively unexpected development, that we will hold it at
Commack United Methodist Church
486 Townline Rd.
Commack NY

As with last year, people wishing to take the LIRR to Northport or Deer Park station will be happily ferried to and from the train. The location is easily accessible and finable from the LI Expressway.

This also means entry will be free, though donations for both the prize table and donations of Peanut Butter, Bread, and/or Jelly for the church group that makes sandwiches for the hungry are always welcomed (you guys ROCKED on that last year, btw).

Figure we'll go from 11am-6pm, same as last year, and run Swiss-style, with wins followed by point dominance as the tie-breaker.

We'll also be looking to run it GenCon style (whatever that happens to be this year - I still have to bother to go look). So more details on that when I get a chance to breathe.

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
Quote:

Hee hee. This will be our 4th year of Islandscape (!), and I can attest that you don't ALWAYS get 2nd place. I got it the first year we held it.

That's only because I didn't go the first year
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh and son of Grishnakh will be in attendance!

That's two so far!
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:55 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Great date choice! I should be able to attend.
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm thinking I may make Islandscape my annual loooooong trip this year. Put me down as a possible.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:20 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

Gee, will I or won't I? I think you can safely assume I'll also be there, Grish.

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
Quote:

And I got second place in 2008, so Onacara's only gotten it once. However, is anyone willing to place bets on who'll win the door prize?

As for attendance, I should be able to make it. Put me down as a maybe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events