Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old February 8th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: "You fear to go into those mines. You know what they awo

At 400 points a good measuring stick is the C3G Superman:

All in all, I think you're in the right ballpark

~Aldin, powerdrunkly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:04 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Stats seem pretty even. Flame whip is the opposite of heroic duty. They seem pretty even. They both have flying. Huge size makes up for superstrength. All that's left is x-ray vision and man of steel. X-ray vision is sort of a non-ability so I'm not counting that. So I think they're pretty close. I'll post how testing goes, that should put some finese on it.

Old February 8th, 2010, 11:37 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Easily one of the coolest custom figs I've seen. He's a little brute forceish as far as his card goes for my liking, but against an army without mindshackle or D20 kills he wouldn't go down, though if they have any of those at that many points he will never make up for his own.
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We had a chance to playtest Balor today.

The first army we played him against was HulK and Eldgrim. In the first battle Balor won with 7 wounds on him. In the second battle Balor won with 3 wounds on him. Though Hulk had some major whiffs.

The second army we played him against was Yari x1, Harbuques x1, Kosuke Samurai, and Kato. Balor won the first battle with 8 wounds. Balor won the second battle with 3 wounds. I bumping him up to 420 would have allowed another squad of Yari. Which I think would have allowed a win for the Samurai.

Balor 4-0. I think bumping him up to 425 should balance him out. The 420 should make up for his cost and the extra five should be enough to keep another super powered unit out of the battle. Thoughts?

Old February 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I just ran a quick'n'dirty using Nilfy as a stand in for the Balor against my all-star Dungeon crawl party (Migol, Syvarris, Kelda, Morsbane, 390 points)* and here's what I got:

The Balor won Initiative every single round, and was rolling pretty well (4-6 skulls almost every attack). The Heroes rolled about average.

The Balor was slow to move into position, which gave Morsbane a chance to move to a defensive positon, Negate him with his very first turn, then run away. The Balor was able to engage and damage Syvarris in turn 3, then killed him the beginning of Round 2. Migol risked a Leaving Engagement attack to move to high ground, then the Balor ignored him for the rest of the round to wipe out Kelda and Morsbane. The Balor then moved over to Migol and they traded blows for 2 1/2 rounds, with One Shield Defense and some good Defense rolls keeping Migol alive. Thanks to 3 Attack dice Deadly Strike Migol was able to get some hits past the Balor's Defense, but in the end 9 Life was too much for Migol, and the Balor won, with 5 Wounds.

I think that if I had been able to keep Kelda alive behind Migol this battle might have ended with the heroes being victorious, but that is largely thanks to the early Negation-if the Balor wasn't negated it would be nearly impossible to protect Kelda thanks to Flame Whip.

Overall I think his price in the low 400s is appropriate, but requiring a D20 roll to succeed at Flame Whip might balance that power more.

*Colors are explained here.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; February 9th, 2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: added explanatory link
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM

When I made Flame Whip I was thinking of grabbing one unit out of a swarm then throwing him back to the ground. I didn't realize until today just how brutal it was against heroes. I think I'm going to make it always affect squads but have to roll against heroes. Something like Grimnak.

Last edited by Chardar; February 9th, 2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:29 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Looks good. I might playtest him soon too.......

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
A playtest from the guy who made the Gargantuan Blue Dragon. I feel special.

Old February 10th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Talking Re: "You fear to go into those mines. You know what they awo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
A playtest from the guy who made the Gargantuan Blue Dragon. I feel special.
You're welcome. I'll see if he can beat my dragon with some help..... it'll be interesting........

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:35 PM

A couple of issues that arose during playtesting.

The Balor has Q9 complex. He cannot see behind himself. He has to be facing a unit to zap it or to grab it with flame whip.

The Balor's wings make him hard to fit on rough terrain or around rocks and trees.

This also has an advantage. He has a Stinger denial tactic as well. Most figures cannot move directly behind him because of his wings. The space next to his whip is also denied to exceptionally tall figures (Hulk). Though figures such as the samurai can occupy that space.

Old March 4th, 2010, 05:41 PM

After many games of testing, some help from heroscapers, and lots of alterations to the unit I believe he is complete.

Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:37 AM

sralister is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Amazing, I purchased this same fig and am working on a card though different from yours it is similar. I am basing mine on the Errtu character in the Drizzt novels.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs