Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 9th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I just finished a four hour game of Prophecy. We played an alternate scenario where instead of trying to get artifacts to win, you have to enter the Water Realm (a separate game board from the second expansion representing an astral realm) and defeat the Lord of the Sea. After many trials I managed to win. It was a close game and a lot of fun.

For those who have never played it's a game where you adventure in a magical realm, acquiring skills and items as well as increasing your strength and willpower as you go. Once you are strong enough you attack the astral realms to acquire the artifacts. The person who gets all five wins. The game can also be played cooperatively or even solo, if you are using the expansions.

Old November 9th, 2014, 07:45 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Currently in the middle of a lot of gaming activity; feel free to ask about any of it that interests you:

Last couple of weeks:
Firefly The Game: Blue Sun Rim Space Expansion x2
Star Trek Fleet Captains: The Dominion Expansion x2
Heroscape with The New York City Gang of Four
(see Kolakoski's Blog; as usual)

This week:
Commands & Colors Napoleonics
C&C Epic Ancients (2 Player)
Sekigahara

Next weekend:
Memoir 44: D-Day Landings; 3 US Maps (6 Player)

In my spare time:
Punch out the counters on my new copy of Twilight Struggle

Coming as soon as LA gets its backload off its docks:
C&C Napoleonics: The Prussian Army
Cyclades: Titans

Its good to be retired! And now...

***(Advertisement)***

BORED? TIME ON YOUR HANDS? COLD AND LONELY BY THE SCREEN?

Now, for the first time ever, check out almost my entire collection of Owned and Previously Owned games and gaming related stuff posted on my personal page of boardgamegeek: Over 50 Years of Gaming! Thrill to more than 500 items from a game my dad got back in the 1940s (Can you identify it? First one to do so here wins a valuable Marvel Comics No-Prize!) to the latest debuts from Gen Con 2014! Appearing now for the first time anywhere! This list will be updated with more new and old items as time allows. 161 pages of the main bgg database scanned. Only 675 pages to go...

Just visit John Snow/Chas59. A good way to spend your lonely nights at home. Because, as they say,

Winter Is Coming!

Last edited by chas; November 9th, 2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old November 9th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played a game of Mice and Mystics this morning to get familiar with it again before teaching it next Saturday at an International Games in Libraries Day event. Had a nice win in Chapter 1.

Just got done playing Tiny Epic Kingdoms with my daughters. It was their first game and they liked it. I was the Humans, Morgan was the Elves and Paige was the Valkyries. I barely won with a tiebreaker with 18 points, Paige had 18 and Morgan had 17. Morgan would have had another point if Paige didn't use her level 4 Research ability to remove one of Morgan's meeples from a territory. Each meeple is worth 1 VP at the end of the game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 9th, 2014, 11:34 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm so excited that I have to share this. That first kickstarter of mine just ended for the new expansion for Age of Conan, Adventures In Hyboria. With only hours to go, we reached the TENTH and final stretch goal. Did we raise the first goal of $10,000? Sure, in 75 minutes.

We just hit $100,000+, with over 1700 funders. Holy cow!!! Our dream is now a reality, after years of waiting, and we're getting lots of extra toys...By Crom!

"Waaahooo!!!"
Nick Fury and the Howling Commandoes

Last edited by chas; November 9th, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old November 10th, 2014, 02:05 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

A ton of X wing. My addiction has spiraled out of control, I own 6 TIE Bombers and 6 Z-95's and 8 TIE Fighters (4 are from my core sets) among a ton of other stuff. At least one of everything, except the Tantive and Rebel Transport. I haven't won a Decimator or the new rebel big ship yet either.

I saw an Adventure Time version of Love Letter in Japanese on BGG. Might just be a fan thing, but I'm holding out for that. Not a super big fan of medieval themes, and the Adventure Time theme is something I like a lot.

Played Dungeons & Dragons: Lords Of Waterdeep or whatever. Fun game actually, check it out.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 10th, 2014, 08:47 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I played DC Deckbuilder Crisis expansion, Robinson Crusoe, Smash Up and Diamonds this weekend.

Crisis was pretty cool, just way too long. Think it took us 3+ hours to beat it with 3 players. Wore out its welcome towards the end. The cards it comes with were pretty fun to use with the base game as well. Like the pumped up super villains quite a bit.

Robinson resulting in 3 frozen corpses lying in our hut next to a pile of gorilla meat in round 7. Should have held on to some of that wood instead of throwing it on the pile. Sigh.

Smash Up was fun. I played as Ninjas and Dinosaurs vs Time Travelers and Gorillas vs Aliens and Shapeshifters. My sneaky Shinobi cards were able to pull out the win for me.

Diamonds was pretty good, but I'd like to try it with more players. We only had 2 at that point and so had to use alternate rules.
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

It was a great weekend. Played X-Wing, Galaxy Trucker, Quarriors, Heroscape Chess, and a few fillers--and introduced my kids to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

My youngest is 8 now and I think the timing was perfect. It was fun to watch them watching it. My youngest would look over at me every so often with a "Did that really just happen?" look that was priceless. My older son was laughing almost non-stop. And my daughter (15) tried really hard to act like she was too cool for the movie, but clearly loved it.

I popped on YouTube and showed them the Dead Parrot routine to get them a sense of Monty Python--that definitely helped. They were perfectly prepared for all the Dentist opening scenes and all the moose business in the opening credits.

And best of all now I can say, "It's just a flesh wound"--and they actually get it.

For X-Wing, my son made up a fun Blow Up the Planet scenario, Galaxy Trucker was a romp (with my wife and daughter having their first experience with Space Billiards!), all in all some great times this weekend.
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
I saw an Adventure Time version of Love Letter in Japanese on BGG. Might just be a fan thing, but I'm holding out for that. Not a super big fan of medieval themes, and the Adventure Time theme is something I like a lot.
It's not a fan-made version. It's actually coming out too. Back when the spin-offs were announced, the Batman and Adventure Time versions were announced together on their FaceBook page.
Old November 10th, 2014, 05:56 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Currently, some D&D. One of my friends (He's playing as an elf) got arrested for stealing, another two are hiding in a forest and shooting a necromancer with arrows. Plus, the necromancers got thirty six zombie minions!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 10th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
It was a great weekend. Played X-Wing, Galaxy Trucker, Quarriors, Heroscape Chess, and a few fillers--and introduced my kids to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

My youngest is 8 now and I think the timing was perfect. It was fun to watch them watching it. My youngest would look over at me every so often with a "Did that really just happen?" look that was priceless. My older son was laughing almost non-stop. And my daughter (15) tried really hard to act like she was too cool for the movie, but clearly loved it.

I popped on YouTube and showed them the Dead Parrot routine to get them a sense of Monty Python--that definitely helped. They were perfectly prepared for all the Dentist opening scenes and all the moose business in the opening credits.

And best of all now I can say, "It's just a flesh wound"--and they actually get it.

For X-Wing, my son made up a fun Blow Up the Planet scenario, Galaxy Trucker was a romp (with my wife and daughter having their first experience with Space Billiards!), all in all some great times this weekend.
Heroscape Chess??? Please tell me more! Or maybe there's a missing comma, and you're describing two games.

When I introduced my nephews to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I didn't think they'd want to watch the whole movie. So I just showed them the Black Knight sketch. They laughed, so I skimmed ahead to the rabbit. Then another part. Then another. So they didn't watch it front-to-back at first, but in scattered pieces. Then I started the film from the beginning and we watched the entire movie. Yeah, I'm weird.

My dad and I played Warfighter, which is a new co-op game from DVG games. You're special forces units attempting to battle either drug cartels (easy mode), Middle Eastern insurgents (medium mode), or Middle Eastern military units (kiss your butt goodbye mode). Being co-op, you could also play solo (DVG makes some excellent solo games).

We went after the Drug Boss. The game begins by equipping our soldiers with weapons, equipment, and special abilities. The mission you choose determines the number of resource points you can spend as well as the time limit (number of turns in the game). You then draw up to your health in action cards. Each soldier gets 2 actions per turn, which you can use to move, attack, reload an out-of-ammo weapon, play of certain action cards requiring an action, and discarding/drawing up to health. That latter action is unusual. In most games, you always replenish your hand at the end of your turn. Here, you have to deliberately spend an action to do this.

Some cards require you to discard cards from your hand in order to play them. Moving into a new location also requires discarding cards if the entrance cost exceeds your movement rating.

Locations other than the final objective aren't placed on the board at the beginning of the game. Instead, you have to draw it from the action deck into your hand and play it. Once you do, you draw a number of enemy cards. This will vary based on the location and size of your force. This is a way of scaling the game for more players or more costly forces. You try to take down the enemy units, and they'll have a phase where they'll advance towards their target (one of your guys determined by a random chit draw) or attack their target.

The game comes with dice shaped like bullets. There are six sided and ten sided bullet dice. These are pretty neat, but I find they tend to roll a pretty long distance before coming to a stop (or dropping on the floor).

The co-op aspect lets you help each other and take your actions in any order you agree.

Our final result against the cartel boss: drugs win! Our time ran out before we could take him down.
Old November 10th, 2014, 06:49 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I think he means playing chess with Heroscape figures as the chess pieces. Zombie Pawns, Cyprien and Sonya as king and queen, Retchets as Knights, etc.

MegaSilver: Venoc Viper Pawns, Mittens as the King.
Old November 10th, 2014, 07:11 PM

acefrehley Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I'm so excited that I have to share this. That first kickstarter of mine just ended for the new expansion for Age of Conan, Adventures In Hyboria. With only hours to go, we reached the TENTH and final stretch goal. Did we raise the first goal of $10,000? Sure, in 75 minutes.

We just hit $100,000+, with over 1700 funders. Holy cow!!! Our dream is now a reality, after years of waiting, and we're getting lots of extra toys...By Crom!

"Waaahooo!!!"
Nick Fury and the Howling Commandoes
I also Kickstarted the Age of Conan, Adventures in Hyboria expansion and I bought the base Age of Coanan game as well along with The Battle of Five Armies from an online store. It looks like alot of extra goodies are going to be included in the Conan kickstarter due to all the stretch goals being achieved!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games