Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 24th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Casters of Valhalla

-When rolling for Stinger Drain, should I roll with my left or right hand?
I’d actually suggest both and then choose the lower number.
-How do you build a competitively viable army with the Knights of Weston?
Play them with anything except Stingers
-Realistically, exactly just how many points under can you play and take a tournament with the Marro Stingers?
This is where we get into imaginary numbers like i, because it just isn’t a thing
-If I don’t own the Marro Stingers and am looking to do so, can I melt down and reshape other armored figures to make their guns?
Absolutely. I recommend melting down death reavers and Q9 for starters
-Why is Gilbert best used as a Wannok soaker?
Because he can yell orders up to 8 spaces away
-How has the Midwest tournament scene faired since they’ve restricted Stingers to a x2 limit? Should I also limit Stinger use in my local games?
Violent crime is down. I suggest starting with a limit of zero and drop slowly from there
-Many think the Knights of Weston and Templar Cavalry are near-interchangeable. Do I really need to own both squads?
Similar to Groks and Stingers except people actually play Groks occasionally

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; January 24th, 2021 at 04:22 PM. Reason: I was cracking up on the last question...
Old January 25th, 2021, 01:39 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Also thought I'd comment quickly on something mentioned in this episode, about how cool it was that Stingers and Raelin are/were pretty cheap money-wise to get into competitive scape. Deathreavers and the RotV Uniques (Airborne Elite, KMA) are also pretty easy to get. Kaemon Awa might be a little harder now, but Q10 should be easy to come by as well.

I think we're also lucky that there were twice as many Sir Gilberts out there if I'm not mistaken. I think it came in a box with 2x Sir Gilbert and 1x of all the other flagbearers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 28th, 2021, 11:21 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just now started to listen to the show -- was missing 'Scape and swung by to lurk a little bit in the forums.

A podcast??? Yay.

(wouldn't surprise me that I was told about it earlier and I completely forgot)

Old January 29th, 2021, 10:13 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Also thought I'd comment quickly on something mentioned in this episode, about how cool it was that Stingers and Raelin are/were pretty cheap money-wise to get into competitive scape. Deathreavers and the RotV Uniques (Airborne Elite, KMA) are also pretty easy to get. Kaemon Awa might be a little harder now, but Q10 should be easy to come by as well.

I think we're also lucky that there were twice as many Sir Gilberts out there if I'm not mistaken. I think it came in a box with 2x Sir Gilbert and 1x of all the other flagbearers.
Good points on those other units! It's nice that you can buy in to a competitive army for pretty cheap.

Huh, I didn't know that about Gilbert. Unfortunately, both he and the Knights are fairly pricey nowadays.
Old January 29th, 2021, 10:14 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Just now started to listen to the show -- was missing 'Scape and swung by to lurk a little bit in the forums.

A podcast??? Yay.

(wouldn't surprise me that I was told about it earlier and I completely forgot)
You should do more than just lurk!

I'd recommend starting with episode 3; the first two are pretty unfocused/rambling. Or, just choose whatever topic sounds interesting.
Old January 29th, 2021, 10:56 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't know any Heroscaper on this forum named "OEAO." Are you new here?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 29th, 2021, 11:06 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I don't know any Heroscaper on this forum named "OEAO." Are you new here?
What's this "HeroScape" you kids are talking about?
Old February 4th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...tion-at-gencon

Mike and Ken explore what "competitive HeroScape" at GenCon means, as well as what good sportsmanship looks like.
Old February 5th, 2021, 08:48 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The discussion episodes were awesome. I'm a pretty casual scaper, (with years long intentions of getting into the higher level scene) so I got a lot out of the strategy discussions (like times when it may be beneficial to use Raelin as bait, verse guarding her to the detriment of everything else). It also revealed just how much of the competitive scene I'd missed out on, as I've only gotten to GenCon once and a few other tournaments. I made the oh-so-wise decision to start collecting the game just as they discontinued it...

I just got to the Gencon background episode. Definitely eye-opening to realize how much time and prep work goes into planning something like that, especially having to submit events back in January, definitely making it so you have to start planning the next one as soon as the this year's ends.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old February 5th, 2021, 02:30 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Since OEAO decided to delete my amazingly convincing argument against TKN, what are people's thoughts on he being in the B+?
I was a little sad this got deleted. Maybe it could be released as a special short episode at some point if the recording is still around?

TKN always ended up being underwhelming when it came time to perform. He was awesome and intimidating at the beginning, but that usually just turned him into target number 1, and would get taken out before getting a chance to shine.

I can definitely see a lot of my impression of him getting chalked up to inexperience however.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old February 5th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Since OEAO decided to delete my amazingly convincing argument against TKN, what are people's thoughts on he being in the B+?
I was a little sad this got deleted. Maybe it could be released as a special short episode at some point if the recording is still around?

TKN always ended up being underwhelming when it came time to perform. He was awesome and intimidating at the beginning, but that usually just turned him into target number 1, and would get taken out before getting a chance to shine.

I can definitely see a lot of my impression of him getting chalked up to inexperience however.
His computer crashed so I doubt he still has it, but we touch on TKN a bit in the upcoming podcast so that may be able to help a bit.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 5th, 2021, 04:57 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
The discussion episodes were awesome. I'm a pretty casual scaper, (with years long intentions of getting into the higher level scene) so I got a lot out of the strategy discussions (like times when it may be beneficial to use Raelin as bait, verse guarding her to the detriment of everything else). It also revealed just how much of the competitive scene I'd missed out on, as I've only gotten to GenCon once and a few other tournaments. I made the oh-so-wise decision to start collecting the game just as they discontinued it...

I just got to the Gencon background episode. Definitely eye-opening to realize how much time and prep work goes into planning something like that, especially having to submit events back in January, definitely making it so you have to start planning the next one as soon as the this year's ends.
Hey, thanks so much for listening! Glad you're enjoying them!

Yeah, that "discussion" is (thankfully) forever lost now...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion