Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old April 4th, 2019, 11:52 AM

DrDrey99 Woo who?
Lightbulb Dungeon Crawl?

Does anyone know about any post/discussion/fever dream about a Dungeon Crawl like game mode variation using Heroscape figures? I've got a growing group of players who are interested in starting an actual D&D campaign (which I have no qualms with) but I don't have time for a regular meeting campaign.

So instead, I'm looking to scratch that itch by creating a sort of dungeon crawl variant. Everyone picks a unique hero (humanoid, resembling typical playable races in D&D) as their PC. I would play DM, and build scaling maps getting bigger and filled with more numerous and dangerous units they must fight. Each "level" can have its own scenario/objective. Anything from kill all enemies, extract an artifact/hostage, transport hostage through level, kill the leader, etc etc etc.

The part that needs work is the RPG element. I figure they can find artifacts throughout the level, everyone can equip 1 artifact at a time. After each successful level, I want to include some kind of leveling mechanic and a shop system for them to buy items that boost stats or enhance specials or something. Still super loose in that area of figuring out what to do.

So if anyone has heard/seen/tried anything like this, lend me your experiences! And if you have any idea on how to flesh out the RPG aspect, I'm all ears please and thank you.

I owe my solitude to other people.
- Alan Watts
Old April 4th, 2019, 01:38 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dungeon Crawl?

Hey DrDrey

You'll probably have some luck checking out the Dungeons and Dragons Scenario subthread here.

One of my favorite 'crawls I've ever had the pleasure of playing is Temple of the Dragon by @SgtHulka . I know there's a battle report floating around somewhere on the forums, too. Temple of the Dragon was also the inspiration for a couple of 'crawls I've hosted myself, so it introduces some pretty solid rules for what to do if/when heroes die.

Good Luck!
Old April 4th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

The official dungeon crawls are good fun that I'd recommend, though they are more 'Scape than RPG.

If you're looking to go really hard into the RPG side of things Heroes of 'Scape has a some good potential. I've never tried it myself, but I've looked through it a few times. It's got a lot of rules/ways to play depending on what exactly you're looking for.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 4th, 2019, 03:04 PM

DrDrey99 Woo who?

Awesome info my dudes. Thanks for pointing me in the right directions! I might end up borrowing a few details here and there for my own crawl I'm concocting. I like it staying mostly Heroscape based by them choosing a Unique Hero from a list and building a party that meshes well with your usual party dynamics.

- Alan Watts
Old April 9th, 2019, 05:50 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

If you want something a little more complex, my Legends of Scape is similar to D&D but uses the Heroscape battle systems as its base (which I feel is much more straightforward and easier to use). Also, character generation is much quicker, and spells and special abilities are easier to implement.
Old April 11th, 2019, 08:01 AM

DrDrey99 Woo who?

Character creation in Legends is definitely way simpler and user friendly. I personally enjoy the depth and detail that Heroes brought to the table, but it could certainly be a little overwhelming for some, i.e. the group I'm going to play with lol

I think I'm going to end up taking the character creation of Legends and the item/loot system of Heroes and kind of Frankenstein them together. I'm not sure if I want to run like a full fledged campaign with actual role playing moments, or if I want to stick with only the RPG leveling system and let my friends just kill things. We shall see how it all turns out.

- Alan Watts
Old April 11th, 2019, 08:30 AM

DrDrey99 Woo who?
Post Re: Dungeon Crawl?

@White Knight looking at your original post, I'm unable to find any character sheet. Could you link one my way if you still have the file lying around somewhere?

- Alan Watts
Old April 12th, 2019, 10:05 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Not exactly what you're looking for, but The Sunken Crypt is a series of scenarios that goes into a dungeon. It can be built as the whole series of scenario maps at once, or a bit at a time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions