Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 3rd, 2019, 10:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

I suppose you could change the order of the second and third entries. But I still would argue that the halftime show was better than the game itself. This may have been the worst exemplar of championship football that I've ever seen. I mean, as a Ravens fan, I love some defensive football. But I didn't even think I was watching that. Just a sixty minute nothing-burger of a game.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 4th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I mean, it's a low bar in either direction. Was the dull halftime show better than the boring game, or vice versa?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 4th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Was the dull halftime show better than the boring game,
Yes.

Quote:
or vice versa?
No.

I didn't think the halftime show was that dull. Consider that, IMHO, Adam Levine was entertaining, even if I don't care for the genre in which he performs. And I didn't like the hip hop piece at all.

That means, of the entire halftime show, about half of it was entertaining, even though I had no great attachment to the music.

Now let's compare that to the actual game: Sixty minutes of competition between two teams I don't care about. Of those sixty minutes, there may have been five or so that were actually exciting, as either offensive or defensive thrillers. Including, as I wrote above, a punt that bounced and rolled for a combined 65 yards, which was (sadly) possibly the most exciting play of the whole game.

We can make it mathematical: Don't care about either team; 55/60 minutes were bad football. Don't care about the genre of music; 10/20 minutes were not entertaining. 10/20 > 5/60.

Therefore, halftime was better than the game itself. QED.

= =
Old February 4th, 2019, 09:01 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Two biggest points of dramatic tension for me from the broadcast:

1. Would the teams go into overtime tied 3-3 and then if neither team could score how long would it go before the rules of the game combusted?

2. Would Adam Levine take off his pants too? And if so, how many tattoos would there be under there?

But I was mostly stuffing my face with wings and pizza and negotiating with an angry Bat Toddler, so I may have missed some of the entertaining stuff.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 4th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Above, I posted a video of Adam Levine delivering an electrifying cover of Prince's Purple Rain. Including a truly worthy guitar solo. That video is far more exciting than either the game last night or the halftime show.

= =
Old February 4th, 2019, 09:14 AM

I mean, it was fine. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can't honestly say I was electrified. But I'll grant you that it was, in fact, better than that turd of a game. Low bar as that may be.

Old February 4th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Fair enough!

For those who don't want to watch a whole 7 minute video of Adam Levine covering Purple Rain, here is the guitar solo:

= =
Old February 4th, 2019, 01:28 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I was rooting against the Patriots only because they won already too much, but I guess I am in the minority in that I liked this game a lot, because I like high intensity defensive games AKA low scoring games. I thought the game was great as it was the battle of some of the best defensive teams ever - as proved by the low score for 3 1/2 quarters, and left for an exiting 4th quarter until the last few minutes when NE dominated after the Rams defense finally broke down.

Commercials were mostly lame - Bud light and T-mobile were alright. @I also noticed what @IAmBatman pointed out that 1/2 the commercials had AI/Robots in way that set them up as sympathetic but emotionless - both by tech companies such as Amazon and Google as well as food an other companies. Was creepy even to me why is cynical on most conspiracy theories that I think we are trying to be buttered up (although the real threat is complete lack of privacy, not Skynet). For actual content of commercials, I stand by MintMobile who has the cheapest cell phone plan ever - $15/mo for 3GB or $20/mo for 8GB.

I think Adam Levine/Maroon 5 is the biggest sell out band ever that has nothing original, and even if sometimes he they can be good entertainers, this Super Bowl performance seemed phoned in and bland to be the worst half-time show in recent memory (the other acts didn't help either). For anyone who want an in-depth analysis on the suckiness of Maroon 5, see Todd in the Shadows' reviews:

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 4th, 2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old February 4th, 2019, 05:39 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

As someone living in the frozen heart of Patriots territory, it was one heck of a tense game. I enjoyed the game and enjoyed seeing two dead-evenly matched teams grinding it out, looking for an advantage where there really weren't any. Then again, I also like grindy games of Magic, so maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.

Half time show was a joke, I can't believe they teased Sweet Victory and then didn't deliver, Adam Levine looked dead inside like he wasn't having any fun whatsoever, and it was just overall low energy and disjointed.

Oh, and I also noticed the weirdly large number of references to soulless robots in the commercials. It was... strange.
Old February 4th, 2019, 05:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I was pretty bored by the first half, tried to make it through the half time show and stick around for the 2nd half but didn't make it. Half time at the Superbowl is just too long in general. Talking heads for 10 minutes while they set up the stage, 5 min. of ads, 15 minutes for multiple performers to come out and do different things, 5 min. of ads, another 10 minutes tearing down the stage that needs to be filled, finally the 2nd half starts up 45 minutes later. I made it about half way through the music before I decided the game wasn't interesting enough to keep me tuned in for that long and I went and played video games for the rest of the night. Doesn't sound like I missed anything in the second half.

I do have a question about the half time show though, when the first rapper came on the sound cut out on my tv for a few seconds something like 4 or 5 different times, were they beeping him out for controversial lyrics? I couldn't make out what he was saying anyway (and I like hip-hop) so I'm not sure what they were blocking out. Seems odd that they would need to censor him that many times, they should have known what he was going to sing already.
Old February 4th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm assuming it was muted for language, YK.

As for it being a "tense" game, I suppose it was for the players, the fans of the Patriots, and all three fans of the Rams, but as for it being "defensive football," I'm not so sure. As for the quality of the play, it just wasn't that impressive. By anybody, with the single exception of Julian Edelman. And both punters.

= =
Old February 4th, 2019, 10:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Oh it was tense alright. That time near the end where the Patriots had 4th down and inches, and were debating between going for it and kicking a FG. That choice and execution of the FG got me $125. So that was a really tense moment for me, as well as the Rams not getting any more points in the final moments.

Other than that, even though the Patriots struggled for a while, they still are the Patriots and find ways to win. Not to mention they missed a FG early and went for it on 4th down and failed, which cost them an easy FG.

At no point did I feel like the Rams were going to score again after their FG. When the Bears beat them, they took away th run, which affects their mainstay of play action. Patriots did likewise.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV