Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old January 22nd, 2019, 05:48 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Holy Crap @TREX , that's an awesome tutorial! It looks like a really great channel too. I'd +rep ya, but it wouldn't let me lol Now excuse me while I go buy some Granny Grating...
Old January 22nd, 2019, 06:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I think I came up with a very simple way of incorporating my zombies from zombicide into walking dead all out war without pushing the envelope too far. In classic zombicide there are 3 types of horde walkers: walker, runner, fatty. Walkers are easy, same as the zombide walkers. Runners are the same except, when they move they get to use the run template of the survivors intead of a shamble. So 8 inches instead of 6. Fatty walkers are the same as regular walkers but it takes at least 2 hits to knock them down, you can still crit them and still beat them but they dont fall down unless you beat them by 2 or more hits. I havent figured anything up for abominations or any of the specialty walkers yet bit what do you guys think? Slight modifications that arent so severe that it would break the game but make it a little more fun. Last three player game we had a good 30 zombies on the board at one time. It was super fun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 22nd, 2019, 06:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Holy Crap @TREX , that's an awesome tutorial! It looks like a really great channel too. I'd +rep ya, but it wouldn't let me lol Now excuse me while I go buy some Granny Grating...
Just use that tutorial and add height for big prison fences. Ill be doing those too.

Old January 22nd, 2019, 06:42 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I think I came up with a very simple way of incorporating my zombies from zombicide into walking dead all out war without pushing the envelope too far. In classic zombicide there are 3 types of horde walkers: walker, runner, fatty. Walkers are easy, same as the zombide walkers. Runners are the same except, when they move they get to use the run template of the survivors intead of a shamble. So 8 inches instead of 6. Fatty walkers are the same as regular walkers but it takes at least 2 hits to knock them down, you can still crit them and still beat them but they dont fall down unless you beat them by 2 or more hits. I havent figured anything up for abominations or any of the specialty walkers yet bit what do you guys think? Slight modifications that arent so severe that it would break the game but make it a little more fun. Last three player game we had a good 30 zombies on the board at one time. It was super fun.
I've been toying with a similar idea, using the sculpts from C3V's Preyblood Thralls and Bloodburst Thralls as the Runners and Fatties respectively. I might have to test this idea once I get a chance to play another solo game...
EDIT: Ooh, Prison Fences would look pretty cool too, I'll give em' a try once I've some regular fences lol Any thought on how you'd add barbed wire on top?
Old January 22nd, 2019, 07:55 PM
"like" happy

Ill figure up a simple solution and get back to you on the tall fences.

Old January 26th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I just finished Bluewing for the Wayfarers faction for The Drowned Earth miniatures game. He's the mechanic for the Wayfarers, so he can interact better with certain things, as well as attempt to repair jammed weapons. He has an ability that allows for re-rolling a die when attempting a leap action, as well as having an overwatch ability to get a re-roll when reacting with a shoot action. He carries a tech crossbow and sword.

5 of 6 Wayfarers done.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 26th, 2019, 03:30 PM
"like" happy

Those models and bases look awesome. Today im working on more terrain for walking dead all out war. My modular road tiles have had flock placed here and there to creat some rubble/debris in random places and are getting a nice black base coat. Im also black balming all my 3d printed scenery. Ive got 4 camping tents almost done on the printer. I made a campfire, 4 coke vending machines, I made 9 laundromat washing machines that will go well in houses, my prison, or a laundromat. I made a fairly decent amount of garbage/garbage cans that can be put most anywhere, I printed two big dumpsters. The fences I made using the tutorial I tried in multiple sizes to see how they would be. The first I made was about 1.5 inches high. These are best used as normal neighborhood fences. I have only made 10 of them. They are all 6 inches long to go with the tongue depressor bases. I tried 2 different heights for the prison fences. The first was 2.75 inches high and the second was double that. I found for what it brings the 2.75 inch ones were very cool. The doubled ones looked ok but fell short in other areas making me cut them down and base the other sections as 2.75 ones. The 2.75 inch high ones look like shorter prison fences but still dont have a height tall enough to be knocked over as easily. The taller ones were just a little too top heavy. I ended up making 20 of the 2.75 inch ones. Im still debating on placing circular barbed wire on the tops. My thoughts are using heavy fishing line or really fine metal wire.

Old January 27th, 2019, 08:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Wow Trex, you have been cranking the terrain pieces out. I look forward to seeing pictures of it all in action sometime.

Old January 27th, 2019, 03:11 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Wow Trex, you have been cranking the terrain pieces out. I look forward to seeing pictures of it all in action sometime.
I will probably just upload a massive amount of pics to facebook when they are ready along with frostgrave, and heroscape stuff as well. Right now I'm finishing up pieces to my modular prison tower that goes with my scaffolding, but got sidetracked printing out frosty's diner off of thingiverse. Surprisingly enough it fit on my bed in its different pieces. Hahma, have you played walking dead with elevated terrain rules and such. Its so much fun to have the walkers pile up under the shooters location on a catwalk or something. I also got a kick out of watching my niece's carl and rick falling off the catwalk when trying to climb down the ladder. I've decided to use the terrain tutors video on making foamcore ruins for my walking dead prison. There are multiple videos on making it more developed. Here's a link.

Old January 31st, 2019, 06:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks for sharing that video Trex. I have some foamcore and have used it for some small projects, but would like to use it more. Of course, I have 8 million things going on at once hobbywise, so when I'll do it is more of a question than how I'll do it

I had a pretty productive hobby weekend last weekend. Other than finishing with Bluewing for The Drowned Earth yesterday morning, I was able to wash and assemble 12 dinosaurs for that same game (still have 2 Yuttaraptors to do and they are a good bit bigger ). This morning I was able to base them so that when it's not so damn cold, I'll be able to prime them. The models for The Drowned Earth are 35mm scale, so those dinos will look even bigger if I use them for Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago (still have to get that played ).

Also, the other day I was moving around some stuff on my hobby desk and found these 2 barricades from the Mantic scenic set. They were primed but I must have forgotten about them over the past year. I had painted all the other pieces (other than 1 car and truck). Nice to find something like this, as it adds even more terrain options. I did a quick paint job on them.

I had poured too much glue when adding grit to the dinosaur bases, so instead of wasting it all, I grabbed some stir sticks and made a little walkway/ramp etc. Previously, I'd prime and quick paint them, but I had extra wash leftover from the barricades, so I figured I'd try staining the walkway with it. Worked out well enough and looks more natural than my others that were painted. Can always use more walkways.

Dinosaurs shown with corresponding cards, and then next to a human sized figure for that game for scale.

Old February 1st, 2019, 07:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Due to the -23F° air temperature with -53F° wind chill on Wednesday, I took the day off work. No reason to take a chance with my vehicle that has 190K miles on it.

That said, since it's been too long since last playing TWD, I figured I'd set it up. I had room on my 6x4 table that already had half of it taken up by a setup for The Drowned Earth. I grabbed one of my 2x2 Deep Cut Studios mats, a building from 4Ground and some new vehicles I haven't played with yet.

Also, I had created a custom card for myself, wife and twin daughters, and hadn't tried them yet. I had also painted up some models to represent us. I figured it would be a good time to take them for a spin as well. Between our base cost and equipment, we wound up at 199 points.

We entered from a corner, and there were 6 objective tokens placed (with one inside the garage ). Also started with 14 walkers but none in the garage. Those would be randomly added whenever entering the building.

Besides trying to get 4 of 6 of the objective tokens searched, the goal was to get one of the vehicles started. The character would have to be in base contact with the vehicle and as well as being next to the front half of it. There is only one opportunity to succeed for each vehicle, that's why I had my character with a wrench that could reroll a repair attempt. The only exception to the one repair action attempt, would be the car inside the garage, as there would be more tools and parts inside.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any vehicles started before losing because of threat. There was an alarm event early on and only the food truck and small car next to the garage were eligible because of our proximity to the others. I randomly got the small car as the one with the alarm. It was good in and way because of getting some walkers out of the way, but that extra raise of threat, in addition to the one for playing solo, really made things ramp up after a while, and our hold nerve rolls were crappy.

My wife's character had a pistol but only used it early when threat was really low and before the alarm event. Had some melee early to make room, but tried to avoid it as much as possible later as the threat got up there, but couldn't help it sometimes due to events.

Fun game, and since I lost, I can try it again and see how far I get.

The minis for our characters are from a game called Mercs Recon that I had kickstarted a few years ago. The 2 with pistols are the low level security forces in that game, while the other 2 are office worker civilians from the game.

Old February 1st, 2019, 07:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Amazing pics!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures