Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 31st, 2018, 11:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
@Hahma and @TREX,
I guess by resources I was wondering if there was a forum or something kinda like Heroscapers, cause this website was beyond helpful and inspiring to me when I first started playing.
I've dabbled in custom terrain making before, but it's been years and several moves since then and I doubt I have much of that left lol The Jersey Barriers and Official terrain pack look promising, so those might have to be acquired in the near future...
I've played a solo game so far just to get a feel for the flow of the turn, but I'll be able to play my first 'real' game in a coupla days when my brother comes up to visit. We'll definitely run it co-op lol

Thanks for your help! Sorry I wasn't so clear in my initial post lol
This Facebook group can be a good resource.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/116958...?ref=bookmarks
Hahma, is that tool of an admin still running that group? If he's gone I'd likely come back to it because I enjoyed what the other members posted.

No. That admin ran the Walking Dead U.S.A. group. The one I linked has been a good group from my experience.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 31st, 2018, 11:17 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
@Hahma and @TREX,
I guess by resources I was wondering if there was a forum or something kinda like Heroscapers, cause this website was beyond helpful and inspiring to me when I first started playing.
I've dabbled in custom terrain making before, but it's been years and several moves since then and I doubt I have much of that left lol The Jersey Barriers and Official terrain pack look promising, so those might have to be acquired in the near future...
I've played a solo game so far just to get a feel for the flow of the turn, but I'll be able to play my first 'real' game in a coupla days when my brother comes up to visit. We'll definitely run it co-op lol

Thanks for your help! Sorry I wasn't so clear in my initial post lol
This Facebook group can be a good resource.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/116958...?ref=bookmarks
Hahma, is that tool of an admin still running that group? If he's gone I'd likely come back to it because I enjoyed what the other members posted.

No. That admin ran the Walking Dead U.S.A. group. The one I linked has been a good group from my experience.
Awesome, I may just have to join that one. I love that game. I just asked to join it. Not sure what the other guy's problem was freaking out over 3d prints for the game being posted.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 31st, 2018, 11:38 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks guys! I’ll check it out!
Old January 1st, 2019, 02:34 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Just picked up a nice mat to go with my other stuff for wargaming.
Got the Runewars Grassy 3x3 battle mat to play a variety of games on.

I'm excited to have this one. I have the 4x4 ocean board I made, with the flip side of a 3x3/4x4 dungeon board on the other side. This Grassy looking mat will go well sitting on top of either side for other scenarios.
This will be perfect for:
The Walking Dead all out war
Frostgrave-without the snow
Ghost Archipelago
Rangers of Shadow deep-When I pick up the manual
It wouldn't even be a stretch to play fallout wasteland warfare on it
Also it will be good for any other fantasy type miniature games and or Star Wars Legion if I ever bite the bullet for it. Super excited.

Old January 1st, 2019, 06:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Nice! Neoprene mats are nice to have, as they roll up easily for storage and only take a second to lay out on a table to instantly give you a backdrop for terrain.

Added bonus is that they muffle the dice when rolled

Old January 1st, 2019, 03:46 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Nice! Neoprene mats are nice to have, as they roll up easily for storage and only take a second to lay out on a table to instantly give you a backdrop for terrain.

Added bonus is that they muffle the dice when rolled
Yeah. Im pretty stoked for the new mat. I was also looking at the 3x3 starwars legion mats. I dont really like the AT AT foot prints on some of them though. The jakku and hoth mats would be great but would like to use them for multiple games. You could , but I still dont dig the walker tracks. I dont currently have a regular grass mat so this one should do for now. I think it would be rather easy to set down some pieces that look like streets on top of it if I wanted for walking dead.

Old January 1st, 2019, 11:46 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Hahma did you ever get a chance to try out Gaslands? My son and I stumbled upon a few videos a couple days ago and were interested enough that I just ordered the book. He's already raided his hot wheels basket and picked out a few well weathered cars to donate to the cause. If my 3D printer ever gets here I'll be printing up some weapons.

@TREX was it you I once spoke to about custom dice? Someone had a machine that could print and cut decals.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 12:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
@Hahma did you ever get a chance to try out Gaslands? My son and I stumbled upon a few videos a couple days ago and were interested enough that I just ordered the book. He's already raided his hot wheels basket and picked out a few well weathered cars to donate to the cause. If my 3D printer ever gets here I'll be printing up some weapons.

@TREX was it you I once spoke to about custom dice? Someone had a machine that could print and cut decals.
Sadly Japes, I haven't gotten a chance to play it. You'll be playing it before me, and I've had it for awhile now.

I had every intention of playing it. I ordered the book, then the dice and templates off of Etsy, bought a bunch of cars and got one stripped and customized and painted, with a couple more customized and primed. But then came Star Wars Legion and wanting to get that painted to play. Lots of models for Legion and in fact, I just got Palpatine and 2 units of Imperial Guards. Chewbacca and the Wookies will be getting here soon as well.

I had also gotten my kickstarter for The Drowned Earth in early May, around when I started getting Legion stuff. So my The Drowned Earth stuff just got assembled and primed in May and sat around until a month or so ago, when I got the 10 of 15 models I have for it painted. I've only recently solo played it a few times to learn it before teaching it.

Then, during the summer, I painted up 10 of the 27 Infinity models I have. I had a chance to play it and wanted to have the models painted in time.

Now because of working on The Drowned Earth models, I've gotten behind on many new units for Legion. Oh, and I picked up Fallout Wasteland Warfare and only have the models primed. So those have been sitting around for months.

So to make a short story long, I will have to force myself to try Gaslands at some point. In order to have a better chance of it, I will need to not worry about painting the cars for now and not worry about whatyouseeiswhatyouget looking cars, and just have their weapons written on their sheets. I have a problem with wanting to get into way more miniatures games than I can realistically keep up with.

Many times I wish I could be disciplined enough to keep it to 3 or 4 miniatures games systems, instead of around 10.

Old January 2nd, 2019, 12:33 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've already decided myself that we are going to play a few times before we even think about modding cars.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 03:28 AM
"like" happy

Quote:

Yeah. Ive made a handful of different custom dice designs. I used the wifes cricut machine to cut vinyl decals for them. I then tried out my laser engraver on some others. Its going to work out but I need to do some more calibrating to get it right. Unfortunately its one of the heads my 3 in 1 printer uses and Im too addicted to 3d printing to give it another chance yet. They actually have gaslands movement templates, dice, and car mods for 3d print on thingiverse. Thanks to Hahma always posting awesome stuff I too have too many miniatures games to keep up with.

Old January 2nd, 2019, 07:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
I've already decided myself that we are going to play a few times before we even think about modding cars.
Good idea Japes.

Old January 14th, 2019, 12:32 PM
A Man of Taste

I'm guessing Gaslands counts as another tabletop mini game so I'll contribute here.

Spent the weekend catching up with quality time for my son. He stumbled upon a video for Gaslands some time around Christmas and we became fascinated. So we spent the $12 for the book and about $30 at walmart for hot wheels.

We had the parts to make the tabletop on hand as we had intended to create a magnetic tabletop for, I don't know why actually, we just thought it would be cool. So some scrubbing, sanding, and grey primer coat on a $8 piece of 3'x4' galvanized sheet from home depot gave us a base. Then a few sponges and several shades of brown were applied while watching football Saturday left us with this...

We created the starting gate bases out of foam with magnets inside and used wood rods painted to look like rusted pipes as the columns. 8" long craft sticks and some photoshop work on some rusted metal texture and spray painted look to the text created overhead gates. We also printed off a checker board finish line and gate markers that we glued to thin magnet sheets. I added some dirt texture and a few tire marks for added impact.

We created our own cheap shift dice and our version of the attack dice. The original rules call for the attacker to roll and count 6's as double hits then the defender rolls and 6's count as evades. We adjusted the rules to allow for 1's to be evade so we could use the same dice (heroscape style) left the numbers so they could be used for other things in game.

The large die is the gear phase die. I took an old die from a kids meal game my son had and we used some green stuff to fill in the engraved symbols and then sanded it smooth and painted it. I was trying for a dirty grungy look to this die (since it doesn't get rolled balance was not an issue) but I streaked the 4 side a bit.

We created a few cars as well. Most games are 50 point games but the scenarios are vastly different so we wanted to create teams with "rosters" so you can use different cars for different events in a season but still have a unified team.

First up my Texas based team called the Roughriders sponsored by Rutherford (the Military/Mercenary faction)
My Performance Car is called Thunderbolt and he has dropped weapons since he's should be out front. He's the racer. It has an A-10 thunderbolt type of decal on the nose so I left it pretty much as it came out of the package. Though I'll give it a matte finish later to dull it down.
Regulator is the station wagon car. He comes equipped with rockets on the roof and I added battle damage and some dirt and rust.
The Jeep I call Walker. He has a Machine Gun mounted on the roof with a 360 turret.
and the finally is "The Duke". He's the big truck with an attitude. He's got a Mortor mounted in the bed and a heavy duty ram on the front. IF he get's close to you he's going to hit you. If not, he'll just rain fire from the sky with his mortor.

all vehicles are 25 points each with upgrades so I can combine them in many ways.

My son went the route of the Slime team sponsor. The crazy driving hit everything team that thrives off of chaos in the races.

C-Wag (short for Chuck Wagon) is the center point of his fleet. 30 points worth of attitude. He comes equipped with Front and Side Rams and the Battle Hammer perk that lets him do lots of damage. The "x's" painted on the side are the cars he's wrecked. The other door is painted a different color and my son tells me that's because he lost that door ramming another truck in an earlier race.

The other 20 points of his team comes from either this pair of buggies or a car that he's still working on called Hazardous.
The buggies are Inferno, the red Flame Thrower equipped buggy, and the Doom Buggy which has Maltov Cocktails.
In races he may pair up the two buggies and the car with a third buggy giving him lots of grid control and lots of speed.

The background is an example of our Arena of Death turrets we created (also magnetic)

The next three cars don't have teams yet but we just wanted to do them. The A-Team van was a hideously chromed hot wheel that we had to sand a ton before we started. I used wire meshing from the clay area of the craft store to create the window grating on the car and scuffed him up and applied a matte clear coat.

We are working of a Miyazaki team (drifters and racers) next.

We hand crafted a lot of this stuff because we don't play the other games like 40k and don't have bits boxes of weapons like everyone else seems to have.

Anyways...it's a start.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures