Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 20th, 2018, 01:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Great looking stuff Hahma.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 20th, 2018, 02:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Good stuff.
Looking forward to the Dino pics.
I'll put the order in for them tonight or tomorrow morning. It's free shipping for the rest of the month for orders over £100. Consideringits coming from England and shipping would be $20-$28 for that order, I figured that money can get me a couple more items, so it's gotta be now But I want to time it so it doesn’t show up until after the New Year, as we are leaving for Tampa on Saturday and getting on a cruiseship on Monday. Won't be back until the 29th.

Though coming from England, I should be fine ordering anytime now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Thanks Trex. Other than some of the modern pieces, this terrain was also meant to be used for Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago. Hopefully I'll get to play that one day. Perhaps some of it can be used for Rangers of Shadow Deep when I get that.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 20th, 2018, 04:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Talking Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Good stuff.
I'll put the order in for them tonight or tomorrow morning. It's free shipping for the rest of the month for orders over £100. Consideringits coming from England and shipping would be $20-$28 for that order, I figured that money can get me a couple more items, so it's gotta be now But I want to time it so it doesn’t show up until after the New Year, as we are leaving for Tampa on Saturday and getting on a cruiseship on Monday. Won't be back until the 29th.

Quote:
Thanks Trex. Other than some of the modern pieces, this terrain was also meant to be used for Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago. Hopefully I'll get to play that one day. Perhaps some of it can be used for Rangers of Shadow Deep when I get that.
I thought about picking up rangers of shadow deep as it does look like fun. Ive gotten into a little of a gaming slump lately where I dont have an interest in doing anything with my hobby boardgaming. I think its because my brothers have stopped playing them and it feels like Id just be doing the work so it could sit and collect dust. I have been playing a little video gaming in its place.

Old December 21st, 2018, 08:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good stuff.

Quote:
I thought about picking up rangers of shadow deep as it does look like fun. Ive gotten into a little of a gaming slump lately where I dont have an interest in doing anything with my hobby boardgaming. I think its because my brothers have stopped playing them and it feels like Id just be doing the work so it could sit and collect dust. I have been playing a little video gaming in its place.
That's a bummer Trex. I know the feeling. Since my main tabletop miniatures game buddy Chris started going back to school as well as working opposite shifts as me, we've only gotten together maybe 3 times in 2018. Since his school is on break for a few weeks, I hope to teach him The Drowned Earth sometime after I get back from vacation.

Otherwise, I've gotten to play a little Legion with my buddy Brian. But often, I solo play miniatures games lately. I'm hoping to get one of my daughters to play The Drowned Earth for a few games, as there is a worldwide campaign going on, where results are shares and it affects some things to come in the future, and the story.

I've also been playing video games, or rather just Fallout 4. You can always play Fallout Wasteland Warfare solo. I will work on that in the next month I believe.

Hopefully your brothers will come around and want to play again.

Old December 21st, 2018, 09:43 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good stuff.

Quote:
That's a bummer Trex. I know the feeling. Since my main tabletop miniatures game buddy Chris started going back to school as well as working opposite shifts as me, we've only gotten together maybe 3 times in 2018. Since his school is on break for a few weeks, I hope to teach him The Drowned Earth sometime after I get back from vacation.

Otherwise, I've gotten to play a little Legion with my buddy Brian. But often, I solo play miniatures games lately. I'm hoping to get one of my daughters to play The Drowned Earth for a few games, as there is a worldwide campaign going on, where results are shares and it affects some things to come in the future, and the story.

I've also been playing video games, or rather just Fallout 4. You can always play Fallout Wasteland Warfare solo. I will work on that in the next month I believe.

Hopefully your brothers will come around and want to play again.
Yeah I loved fallout 4 on ps4. I played every storyline faction campaign and got all the ps4 trophy achievements because it was that fun. I need to just settle in and get painting the minis I have and try to get in some solo games. I have been playing the story campaign of star wars battlefront 2 on the ps4.

Old December 29th, 2018, 08:31 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys,
I got a copy of The Walking Dead: All Out War Miniatures game and I was wondering if there were any resources/tips you guys might have? Finding anything on Google has been impossible since All Out War is the name of a story arc...
Old December 29th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

What do you mean by resources Sir Y?

Old December 30th, 2018, 02:41 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Hey guys,
I got a copy of The Walking Dead: All Out War Miniatures game and I was wondering if there were any resources/tips you guys might have? Finding anything on Google has been impossible since All Out War is the name of a story arc...
Along with Hahma, what resources might you mean?

I'll take a stab: For terrain, there are some cheap options to buy terrain such as barricades off of miniature market called tiny terrain. There are some neat molds of jersey barriers on there for a dollar. I also have printed a whole print bed of them on my 3d printer at home. I bought the terrain pack that they have out that has 2 cars, 2 trucks, barricades of different kinds, and some supply drop token type deals. These things all just help with the submersion into the game but are not needed to play. As far as a game mat goes. They have some on various sites such as miniature market. I've played with the ones that come with the sets and they seem to be fine. I've also played on larger game surfaces with my wargaming terrain. It really can go "all out" with terrain. It can be simple or very complex. Either way is fine. Other resources can be found on the mantic website. There are custom rules for making your own characters in one of the books. I do own it and it is pretty straight forward with the rules and is useful. If you have a 3d printer, making more terrain and obstacles is really great. I love mine. I've also bought some cars and trucks at my local dollar tree that are very close to scale but havent painted them up to be destroyed wrecks yet. Hand crafting shanty looking barricades with popsicle sticks is also quite doable and you can find tutorials for that kind of thing on youtube. There are also some prefab miniature buildings that can be had as well. These are not really needed to enjoy the game and I don't really recommend getting these as something to start learning the game.
For miniatures. If you have a game such as modern zombicide you could definitely use the extra walkers in your games if you would run out of zombies or if you wanted it to get super crazy in your games. Also, with the one game supplement you could also make custom characters with the survivors that come with that game as well. I own all the zombicides but have not got to paint the hordes of them yet.
For additional cards and such, I've found it best to just pick up the big box expansions. The boosters have specific characters, but the big boxes are of the most value. I have a decent collection of the game so far but the big boxes are by far the best value. I've picked up a handful of boosters as well. You really should be set for a while just having the starter set. Go through the rules a few times before throwing another player into the mix or try out some coop with them to figure it out before playing skirmish against each other. After you get the rules down it isnt really too crazy to learn. I've had a decent amount of fun with it. If you take the time to learn it, I think you can really enjoy this one. If you have any other questions about it I'm sure myself and Hahma would be happy to help. Have fun.

Old December 31st, 2018, 08:10 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

@Hahma and @TREX,
I guess by resources I was wondering if there was a forum or something kinda like Heroscapers, cause this website was beyond helpful and inspiring to me when I first started playing.
I've dabbled in custom terrain making before, but it's been years and several moves since then and I doubt I have much of that left lol The Jersey Barriers and Official terrain pack look promising, so those might have to be acquired in the near future...
I've played a solo game so far just to get a feel for the flow of the turn, but I'll be able to play my first 'real' game in a coupla days when my brother comes up to visit. We'll definitely run it co-op lol

Thanks for your help! Sorry I wasn't so clear in my initial post lol
Old December 31st, 2018, 08:12 PM
"like" happy

No problem. The head to head gameplay is also very fun. Let us know how you guys like it.

Old December 31st, 2018, 10:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
@Hahma and @TREX,
I guess by resources I was wondering if there was a forum or something kinda like Heroscapers, cause this website was beyond helpful and inspiring to me when I first started playing.
I've dabbled in custom terrain making before, but it's been years and several moves since then and I doubt I have much of that left lol The Jersey Barriers and Official terrain pack look promising, so those might have to be acquired in the near future...
I've played a solo game so far just to get a feel for the flow of the turn, but I'll be able to play my first 'real' game in a coupla days when my brother comes up to visit. We'll definitely run it co-op lol

This Facebook group can be a good resource.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/116958...?ref=bookmarks

Old December 31st, 2018, 11:11 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
@Hahma and @TREX,

This Facebook group can be a good resource.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/116958...?ref=bookmarks
Hahma, is that tool of an admin still running that group? If he's gone I'd likely come back to it because I enjoyed what the other members posted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures