Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 16th, 2022, 01:52 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Memorable Games

What Heroscape games and game moments can you remember to this day?

I remember a game where my nephew built the map and he made his start zone on a hill 5 high with ways to get up there on the side. He drafted the Krav Maga Agents and some other range. I had the Mohican River Tribe, Venoc Warlord and Sgt Drake 1.0. I managed to win the game despite the map being so lopsided. My nephew responded that he should not have given me a way to get up to his perch. That’s when I educated him about making maps that are even for all players.

I also remember a game where I was terrorizing the battlefield with Cyprien and one player rolled a 20 with Dead Eye Dan and instantly knocked out Cyprien. Everyone cheered and I even appreciated how awesome that moment was.

I remember one game where I had Venocs and the opponent had Protectors of Ullar and I won the game on the very first turn because I got hot Frenzy rolls.

What are some games you will never forget? What do you think goes into making a memorable game?

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 16th, 2022, 02:14 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Memorable Games

Around twelve years ago, I had Retiarius on my team, and my opponent killed everything else in my army and he had about 6 squad figures left. Retiarius had only one life. Clearly, he should have won, but I got around 50% net trips and I defended all his attacks then won.

He was not pleased.
Old September 16th, 2022, 02:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

My first Gen Con match was against MegaSilver. I had all zombies and he of course had all Vipers. The match gave all Range 1 figures, one additional attack die.
He frenzied me with a quickness.

Dead Eye Dan was legendary on our table. He had an incredible knack for wasting dragons with nat 20s.
We talked about making a diorama of him sitting by the fire with all the dragon heads above the mantle.
Old September 16th, 2022, 03:45 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
My first Gen Con match was against MegaSilver. I had all zombies and he of course had all Vipers. The match gave all Range 1 figures, one additional attack die.
He frenzied me with a quickness.
I’m surprised the Venocs won! Zombies are their A1 counter draft!

I played a tournament game with my Venocs vs Zombies and Nakita Agents. I did reckless disengagements to get to the Nakitas as attacking the Zombies would be futile. Needless to say I lost that game but I did win the “Worst Luck” trophy at the closing ceremonies.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 16th, 2022, 04:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Was so hung over I was pretty much the 25th zombie on my side.
Luck was not mine that day. Lost every match except the last which was against a girlfriend of a player who had left her with a terrible mish-mosh army. Felt worse about that win than any loss.
Old September 16th, 2022, 05:42 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I still remember a 6 player castle seige game we played right after the castle set came out (16 years ago?). The game lasted about 4 hours, and it came down to Deadeye Dan and 1 Warrior of Ashra within a couple hexes of each other just inside the gate at the beginning of a new round. Dan gets initiative, and he has a chance. The Warrior of Ashra gets initiative and she's gonna close the distance to take advantage of her ability. I can't remember for sure, but Dan may have had one hit point left, so Dan probably wouldn't survive going 2nd.

Dan got initiative, moved a couple spaces to get height and maintain range, rolls 2 skulls. Warrior of Ashra rolls 1 shield. If they were engaged, Dan would have been hosed.
Old September 16th, 2022, 06:42 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Great idea for a thread. I love how many of these stories involve Deadeye Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I remember a game where my nephew built the map and he made his start zone on a hill 5 high with ways to get up there on the side. He drafted the Krav Maga Agents and some other range. I had the Mohican River Tribe, Venoc Warlord and Sgt Drake 1.0. I managed to win the game despite the map being so lopsided. My nephew responded that he should not have given me a way to get up to his perch.
Your nephew sounds evil. I like it.

I remember facing Onacara at an Islandscape tournament just a couple months after the release of Wave 9. Naturally, we were both using armies made up of the new toys. I had a dwarf army led by the tough Migol Ironwill. He had Atlaga, who I had never faced before. You can guess what happened.

I remember another game with the old Long Island crew using my customs in which Wolverine jumped off a bridge to attack the Xenomorph Queen. Wolvie took damage from the fall and continued his attack, destroying the Queen but being finished off by her acid blood.
Old September 17th, 2022, 10:54 AM

I remember rolling a single die attack with Q9 against a non-adjacent Elite Onyx Viper with height. The attack actually killed it. Deathwalker rolls are ridiculous sometimes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion