Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old April 28th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Great one chas. That movie is downright creepy.

I think part of horror movies is your age. The younger you are the more they impact you in general. I saw Jaws over Spring Break when I was younger(first time ever having access to cable) and did no go in the ocean that year.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 28th, 2016, 09:58 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes, here on Long Island, NY,--which Brooklyn is a part of, although I lived out in Suffolk County to the East when I was growing up--which is usually overrun by "summer people" (vacationers) in the season, the movie was hated by many who made most of their money then just for that very reason!
Old April 28th, 2016, 05:34 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Great one chas. That movie is downright creepy.

I think part of horror movies is your age. The younger you are the more they impact you in general. I saw Jaws over Spring Break when I was younger(first time ever having access to cable) and did no go in the ocean that year.
Perhaps, and maybe my taste in specific genres of horror have something to do with it. I didn't see The Shining or Eraserhead until I was older, but those still freaked me out quite a bit.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 28th, 2016, 10:29 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

I can still remember be scared by the original Godzilla, Rodan, and King Kong as a kid and to this day I completely avoid any movies in the Horror / Creepy / Scary genre. That was way before any of this 3D and digital enhancement techniques. I think it has a lot to do with the background music that can send shivers up your spine while viewing some pretty goofy looking stunt men in ridiculous costumes.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old April 29th, 2016, 03:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes, I prefer the suggestive old black and white films myself--my own favorite is The Mummy, with Boris Karloff--to the more modern splatter fests.

My unusual pick for a "Monster of the Week" flic is the very first Japanese schlock fest to be shown in US movie theaters back when I was a kid in the early sixties. Its the live action movie The Mysterians, with its giant caterpillar, alien robot, and other typical horror/sci-fi tropes, with the special bonus of really bad language dubbing, setting the (low) standard for most of the Japanese anime to follow (most with much higher standards) and other Japanese monster flics to come (Gammera the giant turtle? Really?)
Old April 29th, 2016, 07:26 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Giant caterpillar? Tell me it spins a cocoon and... no wait, do not spoil it.
I will look for that one chas.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 29th, 2016, 09:13 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I thought the black-and-white Invasion of the Body Snatchers was really scary when I was 12. It's still creepy to think about.

Have any of you read Bram Stoker's Dracula? I was impressed with how scary it was considering how old it is.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 29th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've seen Bram Stoker's Dracula. Keanu's acting is terrifying.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 8th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

My 4 year old is just now discovering the wonders of infinite replay of movies on DVD. Her current favorite is Shrek. It had been a long while since I've watched it, and I forgot just how great of a movie it is. Of course it's also really fun to watch my son's reactions to it now that he actually gets all of it.
Old May 8th, 2016, 01:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just watched the old bigfoot movie "Harry and the Hendersons" with my 4 year old daughter on Netflix. It was more funny watching her reactions to it than watching the movie itself. Fun nonetheless. @Agent Minivann , I've been there on the unlimited shrek a thon about a year ago with my kid.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 8th, 2016, 06:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I do find myself liking movies I don't remember liking previously after watching with my son.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 9th, 2016, 04:19 PM

Capt. Amer. Civil War was all megaviolence for the first half. As I get older, I enjoy that less and less. The second half of the movie saved it for me.

I enjoyed the trailers for X-Men Apocalypse and Dr. Strange (November). Dr. Strange in particular looks interesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies