Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old October 8th, 2006, 11:36 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
New day, new questions!

If you were writing a fan-fic, how would you represent the marro plague? How would that plague affect a castle door?

Which hero do you consider to be the main leader of their respective faction?

Again, I will wait a while before answering myself. Anybody is free to coment on any questions stated so far, and if the discussion stalls you can ask one of your own. If you are an author of a fan-fic and you have already answered the question in your writing, explain to us why you interpreted it so.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old October 8th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
New day, new questions!

If you were writing a fan-fic, how would you represent the marro plague? How would that plague affect a castle door?

Which hero do you consider to be the main leader of their respective faction?

Again, I will wait a while before answering myself. Anybody is free to coment on any questions stated so far, and if the discussion stalls you can ask one of your own. If you are an author of a fan-fic and you have already answered the question in your writing, explain to us why you interpreted it so.
1. Well, the plague in one of my stories was a sickness, of course. The hounds bit someone, and their blood was oozing green. Now, that was a bite. In my mind, there are flies and mosquitoes (all sorts of bugs) flying around the hounds, who will land on people nearby, spreading the plague by biting, spitting up, etc. Oh, and it would rot the wood on the door. The flies would lay on it, try and eat it, vomit on it, which burns holes. IN my mind, at least.

2. Well, the Archkyries of course. But, the sub-leaders are:

Jandar: Drake, Concan, and Nilfheim, each controlling a branch of the army.

Utgar: Taelord, overall, and two sub leaders, Su-Bak-Na (Marro leader) and Grimnak (Orc Leader). Now, the rest are under direct control of Taelord, who controls Su-Bak-Na and Grimnak, who control the other armies. So Taelord, indirectly, controls all.

Ullar: I would say Charos. Who has Morsbane and Syvarris as an advisor and Military Strategist repectively.

Einar: Marcus Decimus Gallus! He's the general. Sub-Branches are controlled by Parmenio and the new Samurai Hero (I would hope).

Vydar: I'd say Sudema. She seems like a leader to me.

Well, that's my .
Old October 8th, 2006, 12:50 PM

1. In the movie Elektra there is an evil chick (can not remeber her name) who can suck the lifeforce out other objects. Where ever she walks, plants die and wither. I see the marro hounds working in a similar way. They have an "aura" of sorts; an invisible deadly gas. This gas deconstructs organic molecules on contact, whether the organism is dead or alive. Called a plague by some, it is really an ingenious adaptation that the wusulini have learned to endure.

2.Utgar: Taelord is supreme comander (next to Utgar) of Utgar forces. I believe that two other characters would have their own branches of the Utgar army. Ne Gok Sa and Grimnak would be head of the marro and orc forces.

Einar: Einar does not seem have one definate "head general". Marcus and Spartacus would be equal commanders of seperate armies. Heroes like Valguard, Parmenio, etc. would control wings in the stated armies.

Ullar: Charos is my guess for the leader of Ullar. He is the only king in Ullar's forces. The Venoc Warlord also has a high rank.

Jandar: Narrowing one general is hard here. Most of his heroes seem like natural leaders. Drake controls at least one army (stated in comic), and I can see someone else like Denrick or Alistar controlling a southern army. Nilfheim might also hold a high postion because he is a king.

Vydar: I really can not see one supreme general under Vydar. The role does not fit any of the units. Q9 and X17 both look like they could lead their own armies; but both are still majors. Likewise Braxas could also lead an army but I always thought of her as a front assualt unit. The only one who really has control is Sudema. She is a perfect evil leader. But, I just can't see her leading the Nakita, Krav or other human units.

Old October 8th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The first one is a lot like my idea, except mine is transmitted by bugs.

Now, for #2, why Ne-Gok-Sa? I mean, Su-Bak-Na is a Hivelord, which, I would think, is supreme Marro leader. Also, why Spartacus? He is really just another guy, who can only lead two others. Unless we get fields of Gladiators, I don't see him leading. I agree with the rest, though. For the most part.
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:15 PM

deathsaurx has disabled reputation
Warlord or Hivelord? Well maybe Su-Bak-Na controls the drones while Ne-Gok-Sa controls the warriors and hounds.....

My WHOA THAT"S BIG!..... Sorry

Dang it, I forgot this place existed.
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsaurx
Warlord or Hivelord? Well maybe Su-Bak-Na controls the drones while Ne-Gok-Sa controls the warriors and hounds.....

My WHOA THAT"S BIG!..... srry
Yeah, like that. I was thinking that Su-Bak-Na is like the King, while Ne-Gok-Sa and Me-Burq-Sa are both generals of sorts.
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:28 PM

Ne Gok Sa seems to be the top warlord so I thought it would be natural for him to lead the marro into war. Su Bak Na is the guy who controls the home hive. So really Su Bak Na is like the king, and Ne Gok Sa is the general.

Why did I choose Spart? Well, look at both his abilities and his [real life] history. He is a natural leader. If Einar did not use his skills, Einar would be a fool. The arguement "he only has a few gladiators" contradicts what you have already said. You stated that Marcus was supreme comader of Einar forces, yet less than half of Einar's forces are romans. If you use the same logic you aplied to Spart, Marcus has just lost his place a supreme comander.

Old October 8th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Ne Gok Sa seems to be the top warlord so I thought it would be natural for him to lead the marro into war. Su Bak Na is the guy who controls the home hive. So really Su Bak Na is like the king, and Ne Gok Sa is the general.

Why did I choose Spart? Well, look at both his abilities and his [real life] history. He is a natural leader. If Einar did not use his skills, Einar would be a fool. The arguement "he only has a few gladiators" contradicts what you have already said. You stated that Marcus was supreme comader of Einar forces, yet less than half of Einar's forces are romans. If you use the same logic you aplied to Spart, Marcus has just lost his place a supreme comander.
But Spartacus is just a Gladiator. Though yes, he has leadership skills, I think that someone like Parmenio (whose job it is to lead armies into battle) would get presidence.

And Marcus, if his bio is to be taken literally, can inspire any troop from any time. So he's one of the best leaders possible.
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM

deathsaurx has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:

But Spartacus is just a Gladiator. Though yes, he has leadership skills, I think that someone like Parmenio (whose job it is to lead armies into battle) would get presidence.

And Marcus, if his bio is to be taken literally, can inspire any troop from any time. So he's one of the best leaders possible.
Hear, hear!

Dang it, I forgot this place existed.
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139

You forget that Sparticus did lead armies into battle. He won a large amount of them to. He really had no problem inspiring anyone. Parmenio just led Alexander's right wing calvary. (you might note that there are no Einar calvary yet.)

I take the bio very literally. That is why Marcus is the other leader in Einar's army.

Old October 8th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

OK, I admit, Spartacus is a great leader.

But he doesn't seem to be on the level as Marcus. Maybe directly under him, but I have a hard time beliving he's that important.
Old October 8th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My big FUBAR philosophical question is why the Obisdian Guards are affected by the Marro Plague. Wouldn't the disease bacteria just incinerate upon contact with the Moltarns? That is, if the plague is an airborne type of disease.
I understand why soulborgs are unaffected - to protect those 1 lifer DWs, but I think fiery creatures should be immune too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction