Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 18th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is that an unpainted dog next to the Heroscape Wolf?

Really liking that custom building.
Thanks Tornado! I'm glad to be done with it, as it took a bit of work, though the price was right

Yeah, that's an unpainted (just primed currently) dog from one of the factions in Mercs Recon. It's a a warhound for Frostgrave purposes, so fast, decent attack and cheap at only 10CP to hire. I have one of the official warhounds on order, and it comes with a tracker character in that blister pack. I got the cultist version, which is more of a wolf looking warhoun, whereas there's another version that looks like a rottweiler.

Yep, using Heroscape wolves. Have a bunch so they work well in this game. I believe my daughter is also using one of the Tarn Vikings as her knight, since he has some mail. I primed a few Scape figures that I will repaint for better looking ones. They are a little bigger than the soldiers I have from the soldiers kit, but certainly not a big deal as this system allows plenty of flexibility.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I am pretty jealous of the layout. Love the 'levels' of the terrain.

Any rat figures?
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I have these rats coming with the boar.

Old June 18th, 2017, 06:00 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice!!

I may have use for one for a C3G design in the future.

------------------------------

Side subject.

I was looking at this grape vine wreath at Hobby Lobby and the interior was hex wire mesh frame about the same size as Heroscape hexes and I started thinking you could have a circular map (anti-gravity style) and use poster tack to secure the upside figures.
I figure create a limit for range, so it would be range 4 or 5 to shoot someone above you instead of 9 or 10.
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Nice!!

I may have use for one for a C3G design in the future.

------------------------------

Side subject.

I was looking at this grape vine wreath at Hobby Lobby and the interior was hex wire mesh frame about the same size as Heroscape hexes and I started thinking you could have a circular map (anti-gravity style) and use poster tack to secure the upside figures.
I figure create a limit for range, so it would be range 4 or 5 to shoot someone above you instead of 9 or 10.
That would be pretty wild for sure Tornado. Very creative idea!

You mentioned levels of my terrain previously. I have these sets waiting for me, as my buddy Chris ordered a bunch of stuff from 4Ground games in England, and I added some stuff as well since he had a 10% off coupon. These sets come in mdf sheets, kind of like the dumpsters I recently built, but they are prepainted, so that's neat. Chris said they are pretty easy to build, so a few hours should take care of it. The neat thing with these, is that they are versatile and modular, that's why I got them, because Chris has them and we used them for a couple games and I knew I would dig them.

All the corners interlock with the fingerlike connection, so you can switch things in many different ways, a lot more than what's shown in these pictures from the 4Ground site.

This one is The Blasted Tower

This one is The Ruins of Daldorr 5

This is Daldorr Columns 1

It gives you options to work with other sets

Old June 18th, 2017, 06:21 PM

Those are really nice.

I have had my eye on those myself. Let me know how they work out.
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Those are really nice.

I have had my eye on those myself. Let me know how they work out.
We used Chris's in this game where we taught 4 guys in our game group to play Frostgrave at one of our all day Saturday events.

Also used it a few months ago at my house for our first game, where the mat and most of the terrain is Chris's

It worked well, and I believe the 3 sets I ordered are what he has there.

Old June 18th, 2017, 06:30 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I finally finished another terrain piece. I have never tried this sort of thing before. I cut a lot of corners and used a dull hobby knife and it shows. But I can say that I learned a lot doing this and I feel pretty confident that I can do a much better job on the next one.

Also, I did not use balsa wood to cover the foam as most people that have done this project do. I wanted to see how it would look just etching the wood into the foam. It would have looked a bit better with a sharp knife but it is serviceable. I also totally messed up on my colors. I have no idea why I started with brown when I wanted a gray weathered look. Next time I'll be more patient, have the right tools and material and take my time.

For some reason the pictures didn't turn out very clear either. You can't really see much detail. Probably a good thing

-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:32 PM

Really cool. Should have bought that stone bridge.
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:34 PM

That is a bad job keglo?

Well done.
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:59 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
That is a bad job keglo?

Well done.
Thanks! I wasn't really trying to come off like that. It's just that I think that I have a tendency to notice the flaws more than what I've done right when it comes to my own stuff.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 18th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
That is a bad job keglo?

Well done.
Thanks! I wasn't really trying to come off like that. It's just that I think that I have a tendency to notice the flaws more than what I've done right when it comes to my own stuff.
That is really awesome Keglo!

Are the shingles carved out of foam too?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures