Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 7th, 2013, 06:48 PM

vanwhackjob Woo who?
3D Hex Model Single Hex

For those who are interested: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...2885535231f27a. It's a 3D model for a single hex tile.

Good trades with: phil413ican, Sherman Davies, OrcElfArmyOne, Serenity, beholderthedm, Mossman, tfelts, evilwevil, Nabsten, sixthflagbearer, sadpony, The CEE
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 3D Hex Model Single Hex

Looks like you basically got it right except that the notches on the edges get thinner at the top half, and unless this is just meant to be a rough sketch of it, you might want to figure out the texture of the top part...

Not bad, though.
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:23 PM

vanwhackjob Woo who?

It's not mine. Just happened to stumble across it. Will use my 3D printer to test it out though. Hopefully it works!!!!

Good trades with: phil413ican, Sherman Davies, OrcElfArmyOne, Serenity, beholderthedm, Mossman, tfelts, evilwevil, Nabsten, sixthflagbearer, sadpony, The CEE
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ah, I see. Lucky you, I've always wanted one of them 3D printers...
Old June 8th, 2013, 11:14 AM

vanwhackjob Woo who?

Well, I just bought mine on Kickstarter for about $400. It's the cheapest one I've seen to date. Looks like it was made by a bunch of Cal and Stanford students.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...eryone-can-use

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
Ah, I see. Lucky you, I've always wanted one of them 3D printers...

Old June 8th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Bugger

Hmm, cool. Well, if you intend to use it to print out that 1-hex, it probably won't be usable on a board unless the notches are tapered just like the real tiles, which it doesn't look like it is...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles