Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 10th, 2020, 06:58 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Technically it’s adjacent spaces that are converted to water not his own space but perhaps that’s not specific by placement and “within”rules elsewhere? The idea was to benefit lesser water elementals as if they were a mini faction. Really though compared to Avernus that gets to try and burn things every movement Sul just hits one after its move. Again how the intention if he power may be off from what is written.
Land spaces Suluazua are on are "within 1 space," and are therefore affected by Irrigation. If you don't intend that space to be water as well ... well, thematically that's really strange, and the only way to word it would be "except the space Suluazua is on."
Old February 10th, 2020, 07:23 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Hmmm... thematically you're right. I stole the power partially off a C3V concept so I'm curious how that was intended to work. Well even then the target space of Flooding Wave would need to be a water space on the same level to even use the power before you do I would think. So if his space was water by Irrigation he'd still be limited to only using Flooding Wave if the space that was up to 5 away was already water. Again unless I'm missing my mark.

I also have another version that did the wave and hit all adjacent small and medium figures with 1 unblockable die. That in playtesting seems more close to a wave as opposed to a blast of water. I'd have to further playtest either version to get an idea of its power level. Water Supremacy may be too strong with 6 life so that may need to be reduced.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 10th, 2020, 11:11 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Well even then the target space of Flooding Wave would need to be a water space on the same level to even use the power before you do I would think. So if his space was water by Irrigation he'd still be limited to only using Flooding Wave if the space that was up to 5 away was already water. Again unless I'm missing my mark.
It's a good question whether or not Sulu could Flooding Wave to move to an Irrigated space. I think so. Which means Sulu always has both a repositioning power (up to 5 levels higher) combined with a double-dice autowound. Forget using it for distance; teleporting one space (including uphill) is already way strong. One might even be able to argue that it can teleport to the space it is already on to get the autowounds.
Old February 11th, 2020, 02:01 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Irrigated spaces would only be where Sul is and adjacent then. That'd be at least limited to moving one space after normal movement, yes that would allow going up 5 levels, that can be reduced or only allow even or lower spaces which would be more thematic given water doesn't tend to flow upward. That would make more sense all things considered.

I'm curious how that effects a concept in development RTS if that is a case that can be made. Granted it's a die roll so won't trigger every round but what do you think?

Old February 11th, 2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I'm curious how that effects a concept in development RTS if that is a case that can be made. Granted it's a die roll so won't trigger every round but what do you think?
In that case, the movement is only once per round, with a die roll, and no effect other than repositioning. So I doubt anyone even really noticed. But it's a good question.
Old February 14th, 2020, 12:12 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'd consider making a "tsunami" or wave power that doesn't require water - having the elemental be the wave sounds fun and thematic.
Old February 14th, 2020, 04:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I'd consider making a "tsunami" or wave power that doesn't require water - having the elemental be the wave sounds fun and thematic.
Maybe allow it to be used all the time, with something like a +2 attack if on a water space. The Elemental is the wave, but can draw from the water beneath it to make it bigger and more powerful?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 14th, 2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Maybe allow it to be used all the time, with something like a +2 attack if on a water space. The Elemental is the wave, but can draw from the water beneath it to make it bigger and more powerful?
They're good thoughts to consider for sure. I was attempting to make something akin to the medium sized water elemental's Water tunnel powers like Avernus does with the medium Fire Elemental power but taken to the next level because it's larger.

What about:

TSUNAMI
Instead of moving normally with Suluazua, you may immediately place it on any empty same-level or lower space within 5 spaces. If Suluazua is engaged when it starts its Tsunami, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After Suluazua uses Tsunami, roll 1 attack die as unblockable on all adjacent figures.

That may be a bit too strong given Sulu can just jump 1 space and perform the power plus still get in a normal attack which could be boosted by Water Supremacy still but I could reduce that to normal Water Mastery as per the medium water elemental. Being hot lava and shadow are the only places that couldn't be irrigated I could just included it in stats but Sulu could be negated. Some things to test I guess.

Old February 14th, 2020, 09:22 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Ice tile?
I like it and it should be powerful. Water is not easy to fight.

“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

― Bruce Lee
Old February 21st, 2020, 10:13 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Feeling pretty good about these guys. I've playtested slightly different iterations of them, but this one is the most recent and I feel the best yet. I'm going to move forward with playtesting these guys, but thought I'd open it up to others for some feedback before I invest a bunch more time into these versions in case I'm missing something.

Reaper Miniatures "Phase Cat"

Reaper Miniatures "Wraith"

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; February 23rd, 2020 at 02:07 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2020, 10:42 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 26th, 2020, 12:11 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Shadow Wraith seems interesting. The Teleport not needing line of sight is spicy.

The stalker is a neat idea (inspired by my Spiders of Lolth maybe?) And would make them useful walls for any kind of range. I think that Shifting Shadow sounds a little too easy to pull off, when it can be buffed by other shadows. I don't think it would be that hard to pod them a little like you would Romans, and just keep a +1 or better buff active all the time. I'd like to see the roll requirement raised to at least a 12 or 13.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards