Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 15th, 2010, 08:57 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Anubian Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
On a somewhat unrelated note, I have found that the Anubian Wolves and the Aubrien Archers work well together. They seem to complement each other's weaknesses well, especially in larger games, and you get to throw the d20 a lot. Throw in Dead Eye Dan, and you got one fun army.
I have seen this with some Venocs. DEADLY. (But fell to my superior rat swarm of an army.)

But then again, he didn't have Khosumet, and in the end lost an entire squad to a D20 roll of 1. I love them, especially en mass. They are quite the fearsome army to go up against.
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:44 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Best 600 point wolf army ever!

3x anubian wolves
khosumet
2x wolves of badru
werewolf lord
Old December 30th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not bad, kg72! I was thinking the other day. You can get 3 Dumatefs for the same price as 1 Khosumet. Now, while they can't boost your unleashed fury roll, they do provide the same bonus as Khosumet (attack +1) via Devourer Enhancement, plus it stacks! So an Anubian next to all 3 would get +3 attack! I realize it's harder to move a bunch of Dumatefs around than it is to move 1 Khosumet but I think it could work, especially if you "slow-rolled" 'em all out of your start zone. Has anyone tried this with any success?

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old December 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Not bad, kg72! I was thinking the other day. You can get 3 Dumatefs for the same price as 1 Khosumet. Now, while they can't boost your unleashed fury roll, they do provide the same bonus as Khosumet (attack +1) via Devourer Enhancement, plus it stacks! So an Anubian next to all 3 would get +3 attack! I realize it's harder to move a bunch of Dumatefs around than it is to move 1 Khosumet but I think it could work, especially if you "slow-rolled" 'em all out of your start zone. Has anyone tried this with any success?

Brandon
I have toyed around with the Anubian/Dumutef combo and Death Knights, as the knights give you a bit more OM efficiency when moving out the Guards.

DK x2 120
DG x3 75
Anubians x4 300
495 points, 22 spaces

I moved up the Knights/Guards as a channeling force, and then started mixing OMs with the Anubians. I can't say that I got much mileage out of the Devourer enhancement, though. Everything has a minimum of 4 defense, which is nice, but rats sure bogged it down. At 600, you have quite a few more options: more wolves, KMA, even an Air Elemental to help with melee-based foes.

If you are worried about sour Unleashed Fury rolls, Khosumet can be subbed in for a squad of Anubians (and he can get shuttled around with the DK, if needed).
---
If you are going the Khosumet route, I recommend this not-so-competitive-but-fun little 500 point ditty:
Khosumet 75
Badru x2 160
Anubians x2 150
Airborne Elite 110
495 points, 17 spaces

The AE can give you a bit of a distraction (and some long-range kills) as you move up your wolf horde. The Badru offer another efficient way to move up Khosumet, and they can Pounce away any threats. It is a fast-moving army with rather direct OM management, and it is kind of fun seeing how long you can keep the Darklord 1.0 alive .
Old December 30th, 2010, 11:50 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

75/1 Khosumet
300/12 Anubians x4
120/1 Kaemon Awa

This one seems interesting. Kaemon lends a special attack, and some decent range. Anubians x4 gives you that many more d20 rolls, and Khosumet makes sure you don't lose any valuable wolves to a 1. I think I'll try this one sometime soon.
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:27 AM

Jonny Jon is surprisingly tart

I've played with these guys twice and both times they have rocked the house for me. Last night I rolled 2 20's in a row. Deathwalker 8k? and krug bit the farm pretty fast. Unfortunately krug killed 2 with a double attack of 9. I had plenty of low rolls too.

the best thing though, is they are just fun to play. When you see the 20 pop, its time for someone to die!

I always back them up with khosumet and at least 2 squads of WoB. If you fit the werewolf lord in there, that's even better. Once Khosumet got into the action last night, he died very quickly.

The way to procure insults is to submit to them: a man meets with no more respect than he exacts. - William Hazlitt
Old April 29th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I've had some great success with this 600 point army:

Anubian Wolves x3 - 225
Khosumet - 75
Mezzodemons x4 - 260
Guilty McCreech - 30
Total = 590 pts

If you're facing a special attack or a powerful hero, you lead with the Anubian Wolves. If you're facing squads or an army without a good special attack, you lead with the Mezzodemons. Guilty is there with the range to draw opponents in, when need be.
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:48 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These guys were a blast to play at IslandScape this year. Their high defense stood ground to a lot of attacks, and they usually got 3 or more attack in each turn.

Their only problem is ranged support, as they have a hard time getting to where they need to on some terrain. Still, 3 squads managed to do a lot, without the Darklord, and I managed a 20 in one match. Minions tear up so nice.

I would definitely recommend these guys in casual and semi-serious games. Every dice roll that they are active becomes intense and even my opponents had fun against them.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:33 AM

Luksoropoulos is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Lol, on the German card, they only have a defense of 3. It seems like Hasbro invested a lot of time and money to find the worst translaters in the whole world. They aren't only absolutely incapable of translating English in German, they can't even manage to copy numbers, but translate 4 to 3. A shame, those guys.
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:34 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luksoropoulos View Post
Lol, on the German card, they only have a defense of 3. It seems like Hasbro invested a lot of time and money to find the worst translaters in the whole world. They aren't only absolutely incapable of translating English in German, they can't even manage to copy numbers, but translate 4 to 3. A shame, those guys.
Hopefully they mistranslated the cost down to match, then.

Welcome to the site!
Old July 26th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

What I think a lot of players fail to realize (and/or mention) is that Khosumet does a lot more that prevent you from rolling the 1.

Everytime you roll for ULF, the number that is one below the next number range, he bumps you to the next level and thus you get the extra attack dice.

With Khosumet when you:

Roll a 1, it becomes a 2, you keep a Wolf and have 2 attack instead of 1.

Roll a 6, it becomes a 7, and Wolves get 2 attack instead of 3.

Roll a 11, it becomes a 12, and Wolves get 4 attack instead of 3.

Roll a 15, it becomes a 16, and Wolves get 5 attack instead of 4.

Roll a 19, it becomes a 20, and Wolves get 9 attack instead of 5.

So, as you can see, Khosumet helps more than just stop the 1 and get a 20. He helps bump you up to the next level everytime you roll the number just below it.

Most other D20 boosters, like Venoc Warlord, only boost figures on one branch roll, since that figure's power (ie Frenzy) only has one roll result needed (16 or higher).

Anubian Wolves have 5. This means that Khosumet can help out boost the roll to the next branch 5 times. That is very helpful, moreso than any other D20 booster.

That is why it is always a good idea to have Khosumet in your army of Anubians, to help you up one of those several branches.
Old July 6th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

First time playing these guys I rolled a 20. I was really surprised, I also had Khosumhet next to them with an attack glyph... I had a good day. I won. We were doing 1000 points( CRAZY!)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units