Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old December 25th, 2007, 09:10 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Question about special attack/special abilities.

Can you only use a special attack or ability once per round? For instance Mimring's fire attack, or Syvarris's Double attack, or the vikings ability to roll the 20 sided dice to see if they can go again. Can these tings only be done once per round?

P.S. I played my first real scape game today and it ROCKED!!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old December 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Only powers that specifically say "once per round" are limited to be used once per round. Over Extend for example. Otherwise they are used when the card says they are used each time the card takes a turn. (3 turns per round)
Old December 25th, 2007, 11:25 PM

cowmaster13 Woo who?
the card will probably say how many times you can use it. if not assume once
per turn(its what i do)

Yes I play too many card games!

Heroscape strategy puzzles, play them.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=16494
Old December 26th, 2007, 02:25 PM

sashiel has disabled reputation
Re: Question about special attack/special abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
Can you only use a special attack or ability once per round? For instance Mimring's fire attack, or Syvarris's Double attack, or the vikings ability to roll the 20 sided dice to see if they can go again. Can these tings only be done once per round?
You can only make one "special attack" per round, in place of the normal attack. Special abilities, however, can generally be used more than once, unless otherwise stated in the text of the ability.
Old December 26th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Question about special attack/special abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo

P.S. I played my first real scape game today and it ROCKED!!
Remember: Round = 3 turns. A special can be used once per turn, unless otherwise specified, as long as an Order Marker is placed on that unit.

Also note (as this is a huge mistake that beginners make), you do not take all 3 of your turns at once. each player takes turn one in order, then turn 2 then turn three.
Old December 26th, 2007, 02:42 PM

sashiel has disabled reputation
Doh, I always get "turn" and "round" mixed up.
Old December 26th, 2007, 03:05 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Also, while we're on the topic of special attacks vs special abilities, remember that Special Attacks are "attacks" when looking at engagement rules (i.e. if you are engaged, you may only attack figures with whom you are engaged), but special abilities are not subject to the engagement rules. Braxas, for example, can use her Poisonous Acid Breath on any character within ranged, even if she is engaged with 5 figures.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 26th, 2007, 03:37 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks guys. This is just the answers I needed. I did it wrong in my first game. For some reason I was under the assumption that you could only use a special attack once per round, even though the rules do not stat such. Once per turn sounds WAY better. Thank you all

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's