Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 29th, 2022, 12:23 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
So far I've either been incredibly skilled, lucky, both or the game is too easy....
Option E is the answer, cheating confirmed. Have been playing the scenario (#2) rules incorrectly. Played them right this time and had my behind handed to me. but also because that means the game is not easy!

-insert signature here-
Old December 29th, 2022, 12:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

So far this break, between gifts and other sales, we've recently played:
  • Dinosaur Island Rawr'n'Write - A little long until we really get the hang of it, but lots of fun. I won despite no fewer than half a dozen guests being eaten, probably on account of creating the maximum number of Velociraptors.
  • The Great British Baking Show - Simple, quick fun. My wife got a perfect score of 30 to my 22. Looking forward to trying with all 4 players.
  • Parks w/Nightfall and Wildlife - These two expansions are amazing! They add so much more access to the variety of resources, plus lots of good decisions to make. Also looking forward to this one with up to the full 5 players and a crowded trail.
  • Wingspan Asia - Loved the expansion (we haven't tried it integrated with the others yet, just the 2-player Duet mode). Lots of cards helped with my weakest point in this game, eggs, so I managed to win. The Duet board is great and I wish it could work at higher player counts, but understand why it doesn't. Maybe I'll come up with a variant to try one day though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 30th, 2022, 01:25 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Night Cage x2, Slide the DMs and Bravo!

Old December 30th, 2022, 04:53 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A five player game of Hellenica; Story of Greece--more players than I've ever assembled for it before! Sherman Davies won. He's on a roll, having also won our five player Star Wars Ascendency recently. The game had been delayed a couple of days until my Canadian pal could roll in and join us, which he did, after sleeping two consecutive nights in two different airports!
Old December 30th, 2022, 10:51 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I’ve been playing lots of Hoplomachus Remastered and Victorum. Victorum might even be slightly better than Oathsworn as far as campaigns go. I’ll have more of an update in my year end gaming review.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 1st, 2023, 02:19 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I've been playing through Mice and Mystics with my youngest, who wasn't around when it came out. Tonight we played through the chapter where you save the king. It was the most lopsided win I've ever seen. We entered the last tile on page 2, one cheese on the cheese wheel, and only one cheese left that either the mice or the minions could collect. No one had any wound markers on any of the mice. We ended with 1 cheese on the cheese wheel, and one poison marker on Collin.
Old January 1st, 2023, 03:09 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

4 of us opened up a new game of Risk: Legacy on New Years Eve. We got in 3 quick games before one player had to go. Then the remaining 3 of us knocked out a game of Rising Sun, and I got the win!
Old January 1st, 2023, 04:58 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Unspeakable Words x2, Bravo! and Above and Below.

Old January 1st, 2023, 11:20 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Brought in the new year playing Ticket to Ride First Journey with my 4yr old and solo-ed Sprawlopolis to end the gaming year.

-insert signature here-
Old January 1st, 2023, 02:53 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Matthias' 2022 gaming.

I mostly play Ameritrash games. I have several game groups I play with weekly and monthly. I play solo games, and I play with my kids. So my audience is a little bit of everything.

1. Marvel Champions - 151 plays. I keep coming back to this game. The X-men really reengaged me mostly because of nostalgia Saturday morning cartoons. It's a great game. Very customizable. I very rarely play anything but expert II nowadays. Oddly enough this is the game I was going to give up to fund my future heroscape but....

2. Lord of the Rings: LCG - 110 plays. What can I say FFG apparently has my number with co-operative LCGs. Caleb Grace is also a fantastic designer. Plus it's Lord of the Rings. I've been to all the Con of the Rings every year and they have a really great community. This is also my oldest daughter's favorite game so it gets picked a lot by her.

3. Dragon Dice - 88 plays. Yep, I'm back! And the 6 TIME REIGNING WORLD CHAMPION. I got my buddies back together and we are playing almost monthly. Plus my son enjoys this one. I've also stepped into the realm of online play because they have a great interface for it. I've played in 7 tournaments this year and was lucky enough to win 5 of them. I don't count my online plays though in the 88 count.

4. Pathfinder Adventure Card Game - 72 plays. I'm almost always playing through a campaign with my game group or some of my kids. I do like the revised core set.

5. Magic the Gathering - 29 plays. Sigh, I like the idea of magic but so many games do it better. However my son and oldest daughter still really like it so it gets played.

6. Heroscape - 27 plays. Still the best game of all time. I still go to a few local tourneys here and there. Plus all my kids still love it.

7. Oathsworn Into the Deepwood - 26 plays. This is possibly the best campaign game I've ever played. It's by far in the top 2. The only negative can be it's fairly time consuming and has a very large footprint.

8. Tiny Epic Dungeons - 21 plays. This is by far the best Tiny Epic game to date. It really feels like a dungeon crawl in a tiny epic box.

9. Hoplomachus Remastered - 13 plays (I only got it on Christmas eve). This might have a little bit of the cult of the new going on but the variety of ways to play has been great. I've played every mode except 3 and 4 player free for all and they have all been great. Nothing feels just tacked on like it can when you have so many different modes of play.

10. Myth - 11 plays. This was my very first kickstarter all those years ago. The rules are still very unclear and ambiguous on many things but one of the guys in my monthly game group really enjoys this one so it hits the table quite a bit.

11. GI Joe Deck Builder - 10 plays. Once again this is tapping into my nostalgia as a kid but it's a well built game. It's also not easy. Taking Snake Eyes to take out Destro...good times.

11. GodTear - 10 plays. I've mentioned this game on the podcast. @Raider30 got me into this game a few years back. Once you sort out it's more of a positioning game then a just kill all the guys game I think it really starts to roll well. It has a lot of similarities to heroscape, so I encourage scapers to check it out.

9 plays each:
Israeli Air Force Leader - All the DVG Leader games are great. This one goes all the way back to WWII days to the modern era.

8 plays each:
Dungeon Mayhem - Probably my families favorite game. Of course they all team up on dad right away.
Hoplomachus Victorum - Remember how I said I though Oathsworn might be the best campaign game, this is the one that is neck and neck with it. Only 8 plays because I only got it on Christmas eve. The only negative is it's a solo only campaign. The decision making in this game is phenomenal.
Hornet Leader - Another DVG Leader game. This is mostly modern era. Of course everyone has to play as Maverick when you play.
Spot it - This is for my younger kids and of course the old people at church.

7 plays each:
Massive Darkness 2 - This game is fine. I'm not a big zombicide fan and this game is really that but a little fancier. It's also a very time consuming game because of all the rolling, rerolling, checking for abilities, etc.

6 plays each:
5 Minute Marvel - A fun real time card playing game, not much to see here.
Dungeon Heroes - This is actually the first "Tiny Epic Game". It's a nice little quick game that you can even play solo.
Too Many Bones - I need to figure out how to get this to the table more. It's an amazing dice building cooperative adventure game. I highly encourage everyone to check this game out.

5 plays each:
Aventuria - Another fun Adventure card game(esque) game. You can play versus or do a mini campaign that can be strung together but that fells a bit tacked on.
Hexplore it - Probably my favorite RPG lite game. I do like some volumes better than others but the overall feel of the game is great. I will say the newer volumes do seem to be quite a bit more time consuming than the OG Valley of the Dead King, which is probably still my favorite to this date.
Hive - A fun little abstract game.
Hour of Need - This is the last Sadler Brothers' MDS game before they left Blacklist games. I do enjoy it. It's superhero themed so that's cool to change up the genre a bit but it does feel like it was rushed out the door. I'm big fans of both SM and AQ.
Last Bastion - For whatever reason I just found out this year they reimplemented Ghost Stories to a more fantasy / medieval theme, so I of course how to pick it up. I do love Ghost Stories. This is supposed to be a tad easier than the hardest cooperative game ever. I suppose it is. It only took me 5 play throughs to win a game, not 12 like Ghost Stories. On a side note, I'm a little disappointed by the art as a father with younger kids. I have to either take the cards out or put stickers on them.
Marvel Codenames - I mean bleh, it's codenames, but at least there's Marvel.

4 plays each:
Batman Love Letter - better than the OG love letter because it's Batman!
Cloudspire - A very large and long game so it doesn't always hit the table often, but a fun game. This is one of those games where the solo / cooperative just doesn't seem to jive with me. However the vs mode is great.
Dark Souls - I've never played the video game but from what everyone says this game is just as hard and grindy as the video game. It's fun, just a little long.
Darkest Night 1st edition - I still enjoy this old school game. I know it was reprinted on KS at some point. It's still hard but still winnable.
Marvel United - I know a lot of people like this game. It's fine. It just seems very common sense to me and not a lot of depth.
Roll for Adventure - A fun dice rolling game to complete various objectives with a dark(ish) fantasy theme.
Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza - Another fun one with the kids and the old ladies at church.
The Crew - I was introduced to this by @lonewolf at Ken Con. It was a nice take on the old trick taking genre.
Warfighter Modern - I do often wish I would have just waited for them to restock the WWII one instead of buying this one instead. That being said I do always enjoy my games of this. You can put a thematic touch on it to. Like the Polish fighting off the Eastern Europeans.

3 plays each:
Fairy Tale
Hero Realms - I mostly play this on my ipad
Joan of Arc - Another game that I love but takes up so much space and time.
King of Tokyo
Labyrinth
Shut the Box - One of our go to camper games

2 plays each:
Aeon's End - I also play this quite a bit on my ipad
Bang the Dice Game - my favorite "party" game
Bug Hunt
Claustrophobia - I do still really enjoy this dungeon crawl even all these years later
Compatability
Descent 2nd edition - This is still my favorite dungeon crawl of all time.
Descent 3rd edition - I like this but the app actually gets on my nerves at times
Dungeon Dice
Fairy Tile
Farming Game
Forbidden Desert
Kingsburg
Mage Wars - A better version of Magic
Maximum Apocalypse
One Deck Dungeon
Pass the Pigs
Qwirkle Cubes
Street Masters - This is my favorite Black List game. I need to get it to the table more often.
Thunderstone - Better than Dominion
Undaunted - A cool WWII themed deckbuilder

1 play each:
A Few Acres of Snow
Adventure Island
Agricola Family edition
Aliens Legendary
Ashes - Another better form of Magic
Axis and Allies
Battle Cry
Battle Masters
Catacombs - My favorite dexterity game
Chess
Chronicles of Avel - This is a fun into game for kids into the whole dungeon crawl / adventure game style of games
Citadels
Colt Express
Council Bluffsopoly - Don't ask
D Day Dice
Space Hulk Death Angel
Defenders of the Realm - A better version of Pandemic
Dice Throne
Dominion
Dungeon Roll
Epic - Also a better version of Magic
Flash Point Fire and Rescue
Forbidden Island - Probably my go to for teaching non gamers
Gears of War
Gruff
Iron Man 2 War
Kids Create Absurdity
Machina Arcana
Mansions of Madness
Mercs
Pirate vs Pirate
Quicksand
Return to Dark Tower
Rumble Slam - @Raider30 brought this to Ken Con and it was quite fun. Just the cool wresting moves you could try and pull off.
Sushi Go
Three Little Pigs
Tiny Epic Mechs
Yggdrasil

796 plays with 100 different games. I was going to try and type a little description after each one but I think I'm going to pass. If you have any questions on any of the games please feel free to ask. I always shoot for 1000 games a year but then I remember that adulting sucks but has to be done.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 1st, 2023, 03:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think if I keep track of my games played for a whole year I would just end up being disappointed as it wouldn't be anywhere near your 800 games played. Very impressive. My total would be more like 100-150, not counting solo play C3G testing. Maybe I'll dive into board game arena this year and get more games in while sitting on my couch.
Old January 1st, 2023, 09:08 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Playing an awful lot of 'normal' bloodbowl in the past week. Received a couple of new teams for Christmas (Including a Scottish team which I was looking forward to painting - until I remembered I need to use Tartan).

Will be playing scape this week before the kids head out for school.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; January 1st, 2023 at 09:09 PM. Reason: I'm now mostly retired so that feels weird to say.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games