Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 10th, 2022, 05:25 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3G Horror - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Post a pic of that Data mod first!
His paint is very slapdash and he walks with a hunch, but here he is haha

Old November 10th, 2022, 06:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Hrognak and Bugs and Bugs and Bugs - Orgbsane's Hobby Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
C3G Horror

I didn't quite get all the horror minis C3G has on offer, but I got enough to run a few teams of slashers. These guys were a bunch of fun to build and were mostly very cheap and available. For the rarer and more expensive minis, @TREX provided me with some lovely 3d printed sculpt. I normally paint pretty fast these days, but I took my time on those sculpts, as they were just too nice to rush.

Jason

Micheal

Freddy

Ghostface
Ghostface is very bright in this photo, the grays are much darker in person, but I couldn't get a good shot of them.

Leathface, Pinhead, Sam, and Chucky
Leatherface is my favorite of the mishmash builds. The three different Heroclix minis that make him up really mesh well. For Pinhead, I ended up positioning himself terribly on his base, he's standing right on the edge, leaving a bunch of open space. So I got a little creative with a knife and blood effect, and I gave him a victim.

Terminator and cooler Terminator
T-2 follows the exact formula laid out in his Book, but for T-1 I tricked him out with an assault rifle from Captain America and a pistol from an ODST, so that he better matches his movie loadout.

Ash

I'm going to round out the horror faction, and then get to work on slayers. With how much I love horror, my games of C3G may become superheroless
Glad you liked them. They turned out pretty sweet.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 11th, 2022, 09:38 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Where at Kroger would I check for that triceratops mini?
Old November 11th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Where at Kroger would I check for that triceratops mini?
Oddly enough the display was sitting in a wire rack on its own, in the middle of aisle that transitions from beans to kitchenware
Old November 18th, 2022, 03:10 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Rebasing/Painting Arena of The Planewalkers and Speedpainted Mohicans

Heroscape is dead, long live Heroscape! While watching the crowdfunding attempt, I had been considering ways to rebase the figures to match my current collection without losing all the extra strength gained by having the miniatures molded directly to the base. Without some very, very precise cutting of the base stickers, it's not happening. Next best option was to cut off the miniature and strengthen the bond between the base and the mini. To achieve this, I bought a small hobby drill off Amazon test out a method on my Arena of The Planeswalkers minis, which I had recently been painting and using for the Arena of the Valkriery custom project.

1. AotP are often painted pretty poorly around their feet. While I wasn't going to repaint the prepainted models, I did tidy them up a bit.

2. Cut the model clean off with an Exacto knife. For the Lantern Geists, I used wire cutters to clip the base away and put them on the usual Trexy3d base. Fair warning, clipping them did cause deadly shards of plastic to fly everywhere.

3. Next up, I used the hobby driller to drill holes into the base and one of the model's feet. I used an unpowered drill because I was worried about making sure I had absolute control over it. I was concerned it might not work on the harder and more brittle 3d prints, but it did! You can see the Mohicans based with this method below.

4. Now, I just needed a connector. Naturally, I used the most obvious material, a used incense stick. Hear me out lol. The piece is short enough that it's not in danger of snapping, and soft enough that it can be slightly large than the hole, which allows for extra strength after it gets covered in superglue and pushed in.

5. While the superglued incense stick is drying in the model's foot, I drilled a hole in the base and gave the edges three to four coats of Army Painter Leather Brown, which is an exact match for Heroscape bases. The base's plastic was not meant to be painted and it will scrap off easily, so I had to be careful until it was coated with varnish.

6. Lastly, I put the sticker on, poked the hole, and that it's it! Now the model just needs a bit of superglue on the feet, and once the stick is pushed into the base, I added a drop of superglue from the underside as well.

Here's a few pictures of everyone based and painted! I left the squads pretty simple, but I was a bit more, ah, ambitious with Ozuul. I loved the gravity theme, so I tried to give him a black hole/galaxy theme, with mixed results. I don't dislike it per se, I think he looks decent from a distance, but I might try to refine some methods and eventually give Ozuul a remaster.

Lastly, I got a batch of Mohicans done. Not much to say here except it was another rousing success for speedpaints, I finished all nine in a couple hours! I'm considering buying a 3D printer and if I do, I'll be looking to get at least 4 of every common squad, and you can bet speedpaint will be with me every step of the way . @caps I used your recommended mix of water and runic grey to wash them, and I was very happy with the results! That will probably be my go-to wash now, so thanks for that

Last edited by orgsbane; November 18th, 2022 at 03:26 PM.
Old November 18th, 2022, 03:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: AotV Rebasing/Painting, Mohicans - Orgbsane's Hobby Thre

I don't think I recommended water mixed with runic grey (since I don't have runic grey) though I have done watered down speed paints as washes before with mixed results.

These all look great!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2022, 04:02 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I don't think I recommended water mixed with runic grey (since I don't have runic grey) though I have done watered down speed paints as washes before with mixed results.

These all look great!
Thanks! I just went back and checked, you recommended Gravelord grey, which is what I used. As usual, my brain is making up stuff on me lol. I think Runic grey might have been Citadel color…

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
”mixed results”
It is absolutely Dysole’s fault I assume intended puns in everything everyone says now
Old November 18th, 2022, 04:27 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

no I did not intend that pun. I did not even see it until you pointed it out.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2022, 04:43 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

With the imminent revival of Heroscape, I've decided to whip my collection into shape! There are many small and large projects that need to be done, and certain portions of my armies to be filled out with 3d printed miniatures. I'll be documenting my journey in this thread!

With the announcement that the miniatures will be unpainted, some have expressed concerns about the time and cost of painting miniatures. I decided to test both of these limiters to get a number on how cheap I could go on paint supplies, and how long it takes to paint a miniature to match Heroscape's standard. With that in mind, I purchased some 3d printed Protectors from TREX (https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54809), and the cheapest paint and brushes I could find at Walmart.

I'll list the needed equipment and cost when I do my Protectors post, but before I put my precious Protectors to the brush, I needed to test the paint. And there is a project I have been putting off for literal years... Rebasing my C3G collection.

Heroclix Rebasing
Spoiler Alert!

Low Cost Painting Test (Protectors of Ullar)
Spoiler Alert!

Rooty Tooty Cowboy Shooty
Spoiler Alert!

Army Painter Speedpaint Test - MacDirk Hoard
Spoiler Alert!

Hrognak and Bugs and Bugs and Bugs and
Spoiler Alert!

C3G Horror
Spoiler Alert!

Rebasing/Painting Arena of The Planewalkers and Speedpainted Mohicans

Spoiler Alert!
@orgsbane I just came across this thread of yours and looked at your Army Painter Speedpaint test. I have quite a few Citadel Paints and the Mega Army Painter paint set. After painting a decent number of AoS Warhammer figures I was about to order the GW contrast paints, but the price pushed me away. I am also getting a 3D Resin Printer and will be printing a lot of the 3D scanned models that some of our community members have created STL files for. With that said I will have a lot of painting to do and was hoping to find a more expedited way of painting. When Army Painter came out with their speedpaints I have been about to pull the trigger on ordering the mega speedpaint set for two months. Now seeing your results and your opinion of them I am ordering them up. Thanks for enlightening the community here.
Old November 18th, 2022, 07:17 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

@orgsbane I just came across this thread of yours and looked at your Army Painter Speedpaint test. I have quite a few Citadel Paints and the Mega Army Painter paint set. After painting a decent number of AoS Warhammer figures I was about to order the GW contrast paints, but the price pushed me away. I am also getting a 3D Resin Printer and will be printing a lot of the 3D scanned models that some of our community members have created STL files for. With that said I will have a lot of painting to do and was hoping to find a more expedited way of painting. When Army Painter came out with their speedpaints I have been about to pull the trigger on ordering the mega speedpaint set for two months. Now seeing your results and your opinion of them I am ordering them up. Thanks for enlightening the community here.
I’m so glad I could help you make that decision! I’m exactly in the same position as you, the thought of painting all those printed minis was daunting. The results aren’t as good as taking your time, but man, they look great on the table, so that’s good enough for me
Old November 19th, 2022, 05:03 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

I’m so glad I could help you make that decision! I’m exactly in the same position as you, the thought of painting all those printed minis was daunting. The results aren’t as good as taking your time, but man, they look great on the table, so that’s good enough for me
Agree and painting is truly something I enjoy as a part of my tabletop gaming hobby. I do not paint for show quality I just paint for looking good on the battlefield. Based on your results and some Youtube video results I have viewed this will fit perfectly in to my hobby level of effort and tabletop ready in a much faster way. Thanks again.
Old January 4th, 2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

Agree and painting is truly something I enjoy as a part of my tabletop gaming hobby. I do not paint for show quality I just paint for looking good on the battlefield. Based on your results and some Youtube video results I have viewed this will fit perfectly in to my hobby level of effort and tabletop ready in a much faster way. Thanks again.
@orgsbane for Christmas my family gave me the Army Painter Mega Speedpaint Set. I cracked them open and painted three figures that I made a custom card for called the Duskmantle Operatives. I need to do just a few touch ups and details, but below are the results. I really like these paints. The only issue I did have was some reactivation that was occurring.

Duskmantle Operative 1

Duskmantle Operative 2

Duskmantle Operative 3

Last edited by gatormustang; January 8th, 2023 at 07:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions